• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Volta ao Algarve em Bicicleta 2020, Portugal, February 19 - February 23

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
MTF on Alto de Foia, 7km @ 6%

But there are 4 short 2-4k steeper climbs right ahead of Alto de Foia, a total of 10.5k climbing at over 7%:

volta-ao-algarve-2020-stage-2-finish-70238125c9.png

volta-ao-algarve-2020-stage-2-profile-8ada63220f.jpg

Reactions: Joelsim
Yeah I have a feeling Remco will be great today. The question is can he shake off the other GC contenders and if not how well can he limit his losses on the last climb. The same applies to Dennis.

That's simply not true. I can write you at least 10 riders who have stayed at the same level or have done better: Poels, Kwiato, De Gendt, De Plus, Schachmann, Pauwels, Gaviria, Ciolek, Cavendish, Uran... Waiting for those 90 who declined.
Good, now take away natural progression, which applies to a lot of the mentioned guys due to leaving at a young age, and you might have something coming close to a point, albeit 90 was just a random generated number.

Watching yesterdays sprint again... Viviani allowed Jakobsen to win. If he just sprints in a straight line, Jakobsen would be completely boxed in and wouldn't have the time/distance to overtake Viviani. But Viviani moves out of the way, opens up a big gap for Jakobsen to come through and that's the end of it.

Well understandable, no team wants to ride after Van der Poel all day.
I will need to report this to José Been. It's very likely your Dutch nationality will be revoked.

But there would be little need to chase van der Poel all day with 18k of climbing in the final 35k i would think.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dekker_Tifosi

TRENDING THREADS