• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Volta ao Algarve em Bicicleta 2020, Portugal, February 19 - February 23

Page 14 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
The idea that a group of favorites were "surprised" by an attack by anyone in the last km of a mountain top finish...well, as they say, "that dog don't hunt". Everyone in that group had to be vigilantly watching for an attack at any point in the last 2-3 k, if not longer, never mind the last 500 meters.

Doesn't matter who it was, they were ready and simply couldn't follow.

What a strange response to my post - I merely posted that i thought that Remco would attack in the last kilometre to win the stage, while a number of posters were surprised he attacked - It's not me who was posting that Remco could lose 10 or 20 seconds in the final, in what was a benign climb - And I even congratulated Remco for having the balls to attack to win the stage - Maybe you should read the whole thread.

Reactions: Cookster15
Tomorrow's stage. Twice up the Malhao climb.

Stage 4 » Albufeira › Malhão (169.7k)

volta-ao-algarve-2020-stage-4-profile-d5e1cb3631.jpg

What a strange response to my post - I merely posted that i thought that Remco would attack in the last kilometre to win the stage, while a number of posters were surprised he attacked - It's not me who was posting that Remco could lose 10 or 20 seconds in the final, in what was a benign climb - And I even congratulated Remco for having the balls to attack to win the stage - Maybe you should read the whole thread.
I've been on the thread. I think your post was oddly worded and I misunderstood your point. Double negatives and all that.

There are a lot of people opining on this thread that the group of favorites were surprised by his attack, it was not directed solely at your comment. So yes, following the thread closely.

Reactions: yaco
Breakaway

Dries de Bondt (Alpecin-Fenix)
David González (Caja Rural)
Tom Devriendt (Circus-Wanty Gobert)
Daniel Hoelgaard (Uno-X)
Luís Mendonça (Efapel)
Tiago Antunes (Efapel)
Rafael Lourenço (Kelly-InOutBuild-UDO)
Daniel Freitas (Miranda-Mortágua)
João Rodrigues (W52-FC Porto)

Over 2 minutes after 50k