• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Volta Ciclista a Catalunya 2023, March 20-26

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Uno-X struggled in Paris-Nice, but comes into Catalunya with higher hopes. I listened to a podcast with Tobias Halland Johannesen, which last year finished 7th in this race.

He got Covid in Algarve and haven’t raced since, so he said he’s not going for the GC but hope to fight for stage victory at stage 1 and 7, and maybe 6. For the mountain stages he will help Torstein Træen. Træen was 9th last year and have started good this season and is reported to be producing better numbers in training this year than last year. A top 10 for him in the GC would be a very good result, as the level among the GC riders is really good this year.

I think perhaps THJ in a breakaway on stage 6 is their best chance to win a stage. Not very likely tho. If they get Træen in top 10 and get 1 or 2 top 5 in stages that would be a good result for them.

a854a

Worst set of leader's jerseys in cycling.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Not sure if serious. The best local rider. I was just making a joke about De Gendt because this is his favourite race and he's very popular here.
No not a joke, I really didn't know. Thought that since you have each day a rider that was the best "attacker", maybe there was a ranking for the whole course. Like at TDF after 3 weeks you also have someone that was the most attractive rider after 3 weeks. Would be cool to combine a type of ranking to it, and give them a jersey.

• Haha
No not a joke, I really didn't know. Thought that since you have each day a rider that was the best "attacker", maybe there was a ranking for the whole course. Like at TDF after 3 weeks you also have someone that was the most attractive rider after 3 weeks. Would be cool to combine a type of ranking to it, and give them a jersey.
Depending on which languages you speak, it could have been clear, mejor as in French, meilleur. Catalán -> Catalunya.

Kelderman missing from the roster could tilt the race in more mano a mano type of fighting. Considering Catalunya is a prep race for Giro and it involves the same field this is not necessarily a bad thing. On top of that it should expose more clearly on just how much Kuss will be important on steep terrain. We have to consider Kelderman to for example getting injured at Giro. Then what? Roglič again to do everything alone when any resemblance of a hill emerges?

We'll see.