• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Volta Ciclista a Catalunya 2023, March 20-26

Page 40 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Remco said he's between 90 and 95 % and still needs to lose a little weight, if you think of it its a bit scary for the Giro.
Rick when cyclists speak at what % they're at

BeFunky-collage-2020-12-22T144242.616.jpg

Close battle between Remco and Roglic… I hope it will remain close in Catalunya, and that these two guys‘ Giro will also be very close from the ITT on stage 1 until the finish line of the last stage.

Remco and Roglic have a similar look: two bulls, both looking powerfully. They gain a lot of power from their backs and shoulders.

They look like Rujano or Simoni when climbing. Smaller, powerfully built bulls, with dynamite in shoulders, back, and hips.

The Giro is likely Remco takes pink on stage 1 and never lets go of it. Similar to La Vuelta where he took red on stage 6 and held it to the finish

So no decisive stage tomorrow? Not that I miss the editions where the race were won by Thursday. Always find this race rather eccentric, like a mini Vuelta, you know the ordering of stages, undefined stage purpose, random sprinters etc..

Anyway, missed the stage, only watched the last 5k replay. Missed the opportunity to be halfheartedly thrilled by the battle between two forum's favorite sons. But what is worse is missing the sensation of seeing Soler's vicious attack (on the sense)

Reactions: Ilmaestro99
Time is time.

Anyway, I think that even if Roglic somehow manages to hang on to the leader's jersey on Friday, Remco is the sort of guy who can go into orbit on the Montjüic circuit. There is no way (accidents apart) he doesn't win this race.
I'd give Rog a lot more chance of hanging on on the Montjuic then on Mont Caro.

He's got the suckwheeling part down at least.

• Haha
Reactions: noob and Riek s
Time is time.

Anyway, I think that even if Roglic somehow manages to hang on to the leader's jersey on Friday, Remco is the sort of guy who can go into orbit on the Montjüic circuit. There is no way (accidents apart) he doesn't win this race.
Boni seconds were called into life for when there were no actual timegaps, to my understanding. It makes no sense in case of ex aequo to give the advantage based on placings instead of actual differences. As if Evenepoel finishing 76th tomorrow in a peloton sprint and Roglic 89th, being what sets them apart.

Reactions: ALC
The Giro is likely Remco takes pink on stage 1 and never lets go of it. Similar to La Vuelta where he took red on stage 6 and held it to the finish
Not so sure, Roglic is way better than i thought he would be by now, Evenepoel is much closer to being at his peak than Roglic atm. Don't forget that Roglic has just returned. Don't have many doubts that he will be stronger by the time Giro starts.

Last edited: