• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Volta Ciclista a Catalunya 2023, March 20-26

Page 49 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
While I'd agree on Roglic sitting yesterday...the Remco-only fans seem to think it's all over. We'll see.
It literally could not be any closer. Don't see how anyone could be confident in a prediction. If I'm betting, Remco has been a bit stronger climbing, but...man it's close. Good day or bad day and this thing could blow up for either rider.

Last edited:
I really hate to gripe about anyone putting out english language cycling content, but his delivery is incredibly annoying. Take a freaking breath, Horner! Jeebus. I can deal with the preposterous pronunciations, the rarely insightful analysis, and the weird hand gestures, but the diarrhea of the mouth for 18+ minutes is too much.

He needs a foil. Someone to check his mania.

Also. It's not "the Belgium kid", it's the BELGIAN kid. Clown.

I really hate to gripe about anyone putting out english language cycling content, but his delivery is incredibly annoying. Take a freaking breath, Horner! Jeebus. I can deal with the preposterous pronunciations, the rarely insightful analysis, and the weird hand gestures, but the diarrhea of the mouth for 18+ minutes is too much.

He needs a foil. Someone to check his mania.

Also. It's not "the Belgium kid", it's the BELGIAN kid. Clown.
It's like horner is the light and Remco fans are mothes.

Weather forecast is slight headwind tomorrow. Evenepoel obvious favorite, that's not really debatable. I think it's a more interesting question of when he'll attack. I presume Roglic is just gonna follow until he goes kaboom

If they could do that they already would do that. QS plan A for sure didn't involve Roglič being in leaders jersey at the start of stage 5. On the other hand Roglič still riding on plan A. JV performance will be of much importance tomorrow and in my opinion they have some reserves left.

As for the rest the road will tell.

Saturday's stage was altered "for safety reasons". The final climb (Alt de Fontpineda) was taken out of the route:

zy8bjwB.png

Should still be a breakaway day, I guess, but now there's a bit better chance for the sprinters.

Whow, Horner dissing the crap out of Vingegaard, Van Aert and Van der Poel. He said last week Pogacar is the best rider in the world, now he says Roglic is 2nd and Evenepoel 3rd best.

I also still hope Almeida will start a 70-80's rock band after his cycling career. Joe Allen Al Maiden
Maybe throw on some make-up as well.

• Haha
Reactions: noob
Saturday's stage was altered "for safety reasons". The final climb (Alt de Fontpineda) was taken out of the route:

zy8bjwB.png

Should still be a breakaway day, I guess, but now there's a bit better chance for the sprinters.

They butchered it :(

Spanish races keep altering their parcours this year.

Breakaway still the biggest chance, but there's definitely sprinters who think they can survive this now. And the first 140km aren't that hard to control so...

• Wow
Reactions: noob and Sandisfan

TRENDING THREADS