• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta 2018 stage 15:Ribera del Arriba - Lagos de Covadonga

Page 12 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
They should all destroy each other in the mountains and give everything they got!
... while The Shark rests for the Worlds!
Vincenzo-Nibali-Smiling-140706G300.jpg

Re:

Dekker_Tifosi said:
Idk why Pisti is still sprouting nonsense. Probably pissed off Kruijswijk hasn't dropped for good like all Belgians do in every race that goes uphill for longer than 5km.

Lopez finally doing something else than attacking/stopping or wheelsucking. For the love of god FINALLY.
Quintana on the other hand... just retire please

Dude why do you bother? Pisto usually is on his own with opinions anyways. Let him get annoyed by Kruijswijk and enjoy it.

Re: Re:

Pricey_sky said:
Valv.Piti said:
Pricey_sky said:
bambino said:
It kind of feels Quintana is banking for Yates having that 1/2 bad days in the 3rd week.

He might be right.

Definitely feels that way, it’s a dangerous game to play though.
How come it isn't obvious to you (and everybody else) that he just couldn't do more? There is no game being played, it depends on legs. And he doesn't have it and therefore Valverde shouldn't help him since Valverde himself as a better chance of winning at this point.

My point also including his service to Valverde, he could absolutely have done more today for his teammate, instead they both lost more time to Yates and Lopez.

If Yates has a bad day they could both lose to Lopez, like I said, it’s a dangerous game to play.

Lopez will not get the +1m back that he needs after TT.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site

Kwibus said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Idk why Pisti is still sprouting nonsense. Probably pissed off Kruijswijk hasn't dropped for good like all Belgians do in every race that goes uphill for longer than 5km.

Lopez finally doing something else than attacking/stopping or wheelsucking. For the love of god FINALLY.

Dude why do you bother? Pisto usually is on his own with opinions anyways. Let him get annoyed by Kruijswijk and enjoy it.

I doubt there's a single person on this forum, outside of some Dutch people, that think Kruijswijk is a tactical genius.

Constantly riding at the front with other people in your wheel is a dumb tactic. He never even asks anyone to pull and they constantly ride away from him at the end.

Please tell me how his actions during the Tour this year were acceptable? He made Roglic lose the podium.

Yates v Valverde for the title I feel, there are some Murito finishes next week where bonifications could be important, Valvarde would take 30 odd seconds off Yates in the TT, you'd think. Quintana just doesn't seem to have it in the legs and MAL needs to be taking time on these finishes as his TT is the worst of the remaining favourites. Steven Kruijswijk is also a big danger with the TT to come. The Pyrenean stages are going to be epic after the TT and the Murito and the Mountains of next week!

GC after today's Stage

Mx8uBOH.png

Stage 17

7e65d

Stage 19

4f881

Stage 20

3895c

Jun 14, 2017
Visit site

El Pistolero said:
Kwibus said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:

I doubt there's a single person on this forum, outside of some Dutch people, that think Kruijswijk is a tactical genius.

Constantly riding at the front with other people in your wheel is a dumb tactic. He never even asks anyone to pull and they constantly ride away from him at the end.

Please tell me how his actions during the Tour this year were acceptable? He made Roglic lose the podium.
Roglic terrible time trial lost him the podium

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site

The_Beach said:
El Pistolero said:
Kwibus said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:

Froome could have lost more than a minute in the stage Roglic win, if Kruijswijk didn't bring him back. As for that terrible time trial, he was still 8th lol.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site

HelloDolly said:
Laplaz said:
Aru behind Brambilla, pathetic.

Brambilla rode well today..he is improving ..could yet do a top 10

Tony Gallopin is not a GC rider ...
David de la Criz was SKY leader...he has been so poor
Aru continues to go backwards
And same for Keldermna ...
Zakarin ...who knows what happened to him since last year

David de la Cruz should have changed his nationality before he started the Vuelta.

Jun 14, 2017
Visit site

El Pistolero said:
The_Beach said:
El Pistolero said:
Kwibus said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:

Froome could have lost more than a minute in the stage Roglic win, if Kruijswijk didn't bring him back. As for that terrible time trial, he was still 8th lol.
Lol :) I would say losing 1:12 to the winner, when you are one of the two biggest favorites is pretty bad

To me it looks like there is no clear communication within Movistar. Both, Valverde and Quintana don't ride against each other, yet they don't ride to maximise the chance for one of them winning. When Valverde is in the group he rides from the front, when he is dropped Quintana looks uncertain about wether he should ride on. One of them should ride for the other or it will be very difficult for them.. Maybe one of them has to lose a lot of time for the other one to be the clear leader.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Re:

Sestriere said:
To me it looks like there is no clear communication within Movistar. Both, Valverde and Quintana don't ride against each other, yet they don't ride to maximise the chance for one of them winning. When Valverde is in the group he rides from the front, when he is dropped Quintana looks uncertain about wether he should ride on. One of them should ride for the other or it will be very difficult for them.. Maybe one of them has to lose a lot of time for the other one to be the clear leader.

Yep, looked like that to me as well. Quintana had the legs to attack, but didn't. He only lost time in the final 200 meters because it was flatter and suited to more explosive riders, like Yates and Valverde.

El Pistolero said:
HelloDolly said:
Laplaz said:
Aru behind Brambilla, pathetic.

Brambilla rode well today..he is improving ..could yet do a top 10

Tony Gallopin is not a GC rider ...
David de la Criz was SKY leader...he has been so poor
Aru continues to go backwards
And same for Keldermna ...
Zakarin ...who knows what happened to him since last year

David de la Cruz should have changed his nationality before he started the Vuelta.

I forgot George Bennett who like Kelderman said he targeted prepared for this Vuelta well and was ready for a good result

Also MIchael Woods ....again good last year and this year ??

Goes to show consistency is hard to find