• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta 2018 stage 15:Ribera del Arriba - Lagos de Covadonga

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Valv.Piti said:
Red Rick said:
Honestly I think La Huesera is too late to attack even. Especially seeing as Yates is more explosive. Quintana needs to wear him down. If Yates only has to follow one attack before the climb gets easier, what good is it?

Anyone know where Quintana attacked in 2016?
As far as I can remember, it was Contador who attacked and I think that was just before Huesera or maybe at Huesera.
At La Huesera it was.

And it depends on what Quintana wants, if he should attack earlier or not. La Huesera is not too late to attack if his aim is to win 30-40 seconds. The steep steep gradients don't stop entirely after La Huesera, but there's not going to be a stretch of 800m with constant double digit gradients after La Huesera, so the first attack at least has to be made there.

Re: Re:

Valv.Piti said:
Red Rick said:
Honestly I think La Huesera is too late to attack even. Especially seeing as Yates is more explosive. Quintana needs to wear him down. If Yates only has to follow one attack before the climb gets easier, what good is it?

Anyone know where Quintana attacked in 2016?
As far as I can remember, it was Contador who attacked and I think that was just before Huesera or maybe at Huesera.
I thought Quintana attacked and Contador just tried to follow until he could see heaven's gates. Contador lost like 1'30 on the easy part of Lagos.

i had to see it again.. great stage(16)..
Contador went in the hard part(6.5km) and Quintana followed. Froome distanced with `only˜ Kennagh+Lopez..
Scaroni joined but faded with Contador.. Froome came back yo-yo style by him self and brought Bala all the way..
Quintana +-20 gc group, Contador +1'07...

Quintana will ride everybody off his wheel again.. maybe with MAL, after all the adversaries are not the same caliber...

Molema vs King all over again

Ivan Garcia Cortina (Bahrain-Merida), Nicolas Roche (BMC Racing Team), Imanol Erviti (Movistar), Ben King (Dimension Data), Pierre Rolland (Education First-Drapac), George Bennett, Danny Van Poppel (LottoNL-Jumbo), Tao Geoghegan Hart (Team Sky), Bauke Mollema, Fabio Felline (Trek-Segafredo), Valerio Conti (UAE Team Emirates) and Nick Schultz (Caja Rural-Seguros RGA) have covered 43.5km in the first hour, with the Alsto de Santo Emiliano.
Last gap: 3'08''