• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta a Burgos 2015

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
dpm1991 said:
Taxus4a said:
In a stage as Andorrra, for me Landa is just weaker than Quintana, if he is ok, and if Quintana is tired form the Tour, who knows, but in the ITT of course Nibali is much better.
Nibali is of course much better, but he is no great TTer either. In fact i have no clue, at what place he is in his TTing. A couple of years ago i would rank him somewhere around Contador but now he is different. His climbing is a lot better and he doesn't fancy descends that much and his TT seem to slightly decline from the earlier years. His last good TT was in Giro '13 and it was a similar one to this years Giro TT. It's perfectly logical as the GTs he entered in last 2 years were mostly climbing based ones. TT in Vuelta is flat, 40km long. I would predict about Nibs getting a minute on Angelo and 2 to 3 minutes on Iban Mayo 2.0 if they will ride for themselves in Vuelta. Still i think i would prefer to be Haimaru Zubeldia-sennin than Mayo.
Nibali's TT this year is usually the only thing holding him up when his form is down. In Tirreno he finished about 20th twice, beating AC once, a second down on the other. In Romandie, when there was a climb he came 21st, but this was a fail. In the Tour it was good too. So it's pretty unknown, like Froome's for that matter.

Mikel...Froome ?!
Oh my ... but how he is lean? :eek: He seems more of the Giro

CLptzX9XAAAtAd7.jpg:small

Re:

jens_attacks said:
He's fit of course but he's healthy fit
I hope the crash didn't affect him at all. Mentally or phisically.
He's my pick to win la vuelta. And easily.

I didnt see the stage and I just know the results becouse I was in some points recording.

We ask him if he has nothing, and he told something like: not totally nothing (he talk very little)
It looks like he has same time in the overal.. when I saw him there was another Astana.

It's a stupid decision. Landa hit the ground when he was already disconnected from his team, he was going to lose seconds anyway. It's a friggin time trial, the teams go with 8 elements, not 100. If they didn't want falls they should have done an autopista course.

Would be absolutely hilarious to see a 1-5 Astana after Neila. Chances are slim, but it is an opportunity if LLS suddenly finds his climbings legs. I say Lopez for the overall, with Landa and either Ruben F/Anacona on third.

That was hella impressive today from Astana tho. Superb TTT!