• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta a Burgos 2015

http://www.vueltaburgos.com/

You can find there all the information about the race.

I hope to explain other days better the parcours and more.

There is an stage for sprinters, or maybe echelons, there is one stage not for pure esprinters, Clunia, that we have seen before, there is Neila as Queen stage, but this year there is 2 new stages that I know really well.

The TTT is THE MOST SPECTACULAR TT I have ever seen, not just TT, ITT, just one ITT in Milan in il Giro was close to this. The scenario is amazing. I am not talking about sportive importance of the stage...a short TTT maybe has not a big sportive interest, but is really hard and very technical.

11741239_10153492316373839_6496882411130122604_o.jpg

The stage start in the Evolution Museum, about Atapuerca (World heritage) and finish just in the main gate of the Cathedral, woldk heritage...in the parcous, Las Huelgas monastery, amazing, a hard pavé, the castle, a new climb of the castle, with high slopes, very technical descent, and cross through the medieval city centre for Santiago s way (as well world heritage) with the cathedral at just beside and with pave, in soft climb, at the first not a hard pave, later really tought, I think he will improve it, becouse therre is some part really nasty...Later another technical descent and the last part is as well thecnical and with pavé...There is just one part at the middle with wide straigh roads to be quickly, the rest is going to be a hell for the riders.

And Pineda stage, a finish with 3.5 km quite hard, especially the first km , in a beatifull place of Sierra de la Demanda... the stage is harder than looks, and it is an stage for the same people than in Neila. All the stage is up and down, and the flat parts are really windy. The profils of the web are bad.

VALLE_DEL_SOL.GIF

The view from the end:

be17f188.jpg

I dont know about the starlist, i just know that Landa will be there, Luis Leon in Astana as well, and Dani Moreno, but I hope AG2R with a good team, as Caja Rural with his best.

As always here wind and hot and sometimes bad roads.

Re:

Ruudz0r said:
Looking forward to this race, Lopez will also start, so I'll be rooting for him! Will it be on TV?

Yes, Teledeporte live, you can follow by internet. (local TV as well)

I think Quintana and Valverde wont be here but i hope a decep Movistar team...

For sure with AG2R is Latour, who was clse to Quintana and Contador in Bales, but I would like to see Bardet, Peraud,...

Colombia will have his best team, Vini maybe.

I dont know if TV will get to show the beautifull scenario of the TT, after to see how french TV do with France in le Tour is difficult to get something similar, but I hope to record a decent video from the best points

This usually gets TV coverage, it's the main Vuelta warmup race, a bit like Trentino is for the Giro. Almost always an interesting one.

Recent winners:
2005 Juan Carlos Domínguez
2006 Iban Mayo
2007 Juan Mauricio Soler
2008 Xabier Zandio
2009 Alejandro Valverde
2010 Samuel Sánchez
2011 Joaquim Rodríguez
2012 Daniel Moreno
2013 Nairo Quintana
2014 Nairo Quintana

This is more or less a climber's race, as you can see - but plenty of punchier options here. The first stage sees the return of the Clunia finish, with a final kilometre that ramps up and then flattens out. Jens Keukeleire and Paul Martens are the last two winners there, so it's not a pure puncheur fest, but in 2012 Martens had a couple of seconds on Dani Moreno then a few more seconds on the rest, so you can get something out of it.

Then we have the CRE as described above, if I'm honest I'd rather it be an ITT because they have an additional uphill finish this year, and also because ITTs > TTTs. Still, it's only 13km long and includes the climb to the Castillo de Burgos that we're now familiar with in the race (Lobato won it last year) so that that doesn't feature as a stage finish. Stage 3 is the traditional sop to the sprinters, because few of them ever bother to turn up in Burgos. Maybe Lobato again, or maybe somebody from Orica.

Stage 4 will be interesting; it's a long and very gradual grind up towards the finish with most of it being simply false flat though as you see above there's a few kilometres with some genuine difficulty at the finish; it's likely to be more one about attrition and then a final kilometre punchy jump away than anything else though. It's also weird to see Altotero granted category 3... the same as Castillo de Burgos. That's ridiculous. This is not a cat.3 climb.

Bx_EY9jCUAEQ1MZ.jpg

Anyway, stage 5 is of course Lagunas de Neila, returned to the final day showdown after the TT experiment last year. It will be a great day's racing - it almost invariably is. It's the classic Vuelta a Burgos route, so don't be fooled by most of the profiles you find online of the climb - they are wrong, due to the different ways of getting there. There are two roads from Quintanar de la Sierra that lead towards Lagunas de Neila. One is more consistent and goes directly to a point below the summit called Pasil de Rozavientos; the other is a more gradual road that leads to the Alto del Collado, which then connects to Rozavientos via a very steep connecting road. This is the route that most profiles take (such as here) - however here we take a third, different route - descending from Collado briefly into the village of Neila, and then after about 2km descent, doing the last 8km only of the north side of the climb (from the first junction to Quintanar de la Sierra on the below profile).

el-collado.gif

d67715ec4d17b4012c43709aa8c51c72o.jpg

The riders will first do these climbs but finish the first at Pasil de Rozavientos (the last junction for Quintanar de la Sierra, 2km from the summit) and descend the more gradual road into Quintanar, then do it again going right to the top. It's usually a strong racing day - and we can expect the same again.

Re: Re:

ILovecycling said:
Matteo. said:
Quintana will be there?!
No news yet, I think he will decide after CSS, but he needs rest imho.But it would be nice to see him smash Landa again :)

Diario de Burgos, the main newspaper here, write today that is likely to see Quintana in Burgos.

http://www.diariodeburgos.es/noticia/Z32523A4F-D291-6E54-6E0BCF2C40A0E6F8/20150728/nairo/quintana/puede/ser/gran/estrella/vuelta/burgos/2015

They say is Quintana who has said he probably will ride Burgos and later he will travel ton Colombia to rest, but the organization knows nothing.

It is hard to believe for me, but who knows....

I hope to enjoy the race despite the starlist, but of course It would be nice to see here, in the roads I train, the best climber of the world again.

Beñat Intxausti, likely new SKY rider with Landa will be here.

Nairo finally wont be in Burgos, although he said he will be, and it is not sure for la Vuelta. This is the Movistarr team:

Winner Anacona tiene 26 años y su principal triunfo lo consiguió el año pasado en la Vuelta a España, ganando la novena etapa. Junto a él, en la línea de salida estarán:Rubén Fernández, Jesús Herrada, Javier Moreno, Dayer Quintana, Marc Soler, Rory Sutherland y el italiano Giovanni Visconti.

Ruben Fernandez is a big promise, and Anacona did a great Tour, is an strong team, but is a little bit dissapointing, without Beñat, maybe becouse he leaves the team.

Re:

Taxus4a said:
Nairo finally wont be in Burgos, although he said he will be, and it is not sure for la Vuelta. This is the Movistarr team:

Winner Anacona tiene 26 años y su principal triunfo lo consiguió el año pasado en la Vuelta a España, ganando la novena etapa. Junto a él, en la línea de salida estarán:Rubén Fernández, Jesús Herrada, Javier Moreno, Dayer Quintana, Marc Soler, Rory Sutherland y el italiano Giovanni Visconti.

Ruben Fernandez is a big promise, and Anacona did a great Tour, is an strong team, but is a little bit dissapointing, without Beñat, maybe becouse he leaves the team.

Beñat is in Poland, leading the team with Ion Izagirre.

Ricco' said:
Taxus4a said:

True, Poland is WT...It is a pity a race with the history and so well organized as Burgos is now less than a Tour like Poland...

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site

Ricco' said:
Taxus4a said:

great to see that winner gets a free role after all this labour :)

It is not official, but I think i can rely on this list:

http://www.cyclingfever.com/editie.html?detp=view&_ap=startlijst&editie_idd=MjYzNDc=

Good to see Cunego here.

Kathousa is an strong team with Trofimov and Machado helping Moreno.

The same Astana with Taramae, Luis Leon, and the big surprise of this year, Superlopez despite Landa.

Of course Latour will be with the best in the climbs.

Caja Rural and Colombia with his best team.

2 local riders, Carlos Barbero, favourite tomorrow in Clunia, and Adrian Gonzalez, despite the local team Burgos, with Belda as best rider.

Ricco' said:
Taxus4a said:
Caja Rural and Colombia with his best team.

It's not Colombia's best team. Alex Cano should be their leader in the Vuelta and he is doing Utah. Same for Pedraza and Ávila, who I expect to see in their Vuelta line-up.

One of the best, yes ;)

If Duarte is strong in the mountains and Duque in days as tomorrow, will be an strong team, but not the best here, Caja Rural, Movistar, Astana and Kathousa are stronger.

Latour? Because he had a great day only on Bales ? At Route du Sud ?
Bah. Future is on his side, but saying he will be the best on the mountains with people like Landa ,Anacona, Trofimov, Moreno ...

TRENDING THREADS