• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta a España - Stage 1 August 28, TTT Sevilla 16.5km

Page 15 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Frosty said:
Is a good TTTer simply the same as a good TTer though? In the TTT you have to be at the front for 10 seconds, say, and then recover for 80 seconds. Its not quite the same as maintaining a steady pace,

that's why sprinters can do well in this if it is a short ttt.

Frosty said:
Is a good TTTer simply the same as a good TTer though? In the TTT you have to be at the front for 10 seconds, say, and then recover for 80 seconds. Its not quite the same as maintaining a steady pace,

VERY good question.
My guess is that generally a good TTer makes a good TTTer, but that there is a whole other group of riders (roleurs and power sprinters probably) who struggle in an ITT but are good in the TTT.

auscyclefan94 said:
I am just calling how i see it. I was making the point htc have little experince but they still put in a very good time. Sky maybe a bit less renowned in the ttt but I thought they could of done better. I'll compliment sky when I see them do a stron performance also.

Fair enough. :)

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Dim, you said team sky's "a" team would of won this but htc's b team would of challenged them ftw. htc or garmin >>>>>sky

garmin were terrible tonight. sky had a very strong team in the giro with the ttt and they didn't win?

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
The Hitch said:
I should probably stop repeating what David Harmon (british eurosport says) :p

With that time, consider them all dropped, Freire included.

Most teams pretty much where you'd expect them, only Rabobank failed big time here. CTT on the high end of expectations.

Only a "prologue" though, fun starts tomorrow. Bring your sun block. We'll have forgotten these finishes soon enough.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Moondance said:
Ahem.... That is 'The Great' Bauke Mollema for mortals like you and me...

Also, Kruijswijk is obviously the First Apostle of the Church of Bauke.

TGBM does not have his own church. The only rider to have his own religion is cadel evans and the church of cadelogy!