• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta a España - Stage 5 : Guadix - Lorca 198.8km

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Guess the lack of posts show how exciting its been so far.;)

4 out in front with Rolland the best placed overall at 5.x minutes back. Lotto on the front with the news feed on the vuelta web site saying they are being assisted by Lampre and FdJ. Lack of HTC suggests that Cav may still be feeling off colour but its early days, HTC are a man down and Velits, van Garderen and Siutsou will be a bit tired from yesterday. Could also be saving themselves for tomorrow as they are still well up on GC. Imagine we will see HTC at the front when the action really starts.

http://www.lavuelta.com/10/en/online/index.html?e=5

May 8, 2009
Visit site
Mellow Velo said:
Slow, hot, dry, dusty and barren.
Must be a Vuelta flat day.
90kms still to go.............

It's not that hot today. It's not that barren at all. It's not that flat. But yeah, I agree with you about the rest :)

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Jamsque said:
Apparently Tyler Farrar had a tumble in the 'supplies control', hopefully that wont affect his sprint.

From the TV images it didnt look serious at all. He wasnt even dirty. And he was more concerned with his bike than himself, so I don't think we should be worried.

And the danish commentators just said about Team Sky: "They have literally puked their way all thorugh Andalucia" I assume that means they aren't well :p

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Ney the Viking said:
From the TV images it didnt look serious at all. He wasnt even dirty. And he was more concerned with his bike than himself, so I don't think we should be worried.

And the danish commentators just said about Team Sky: "They have literally puked their way all thorugh Andalucia" I assume that means they aren't well :p

Yeah looked more like he had a problem with his bike rather than a fall. A fall wasnt mentioned on Eurosport, though it was on the Vuelta site so who knows?!

May 8, 2009
Visit site
max_powers said:
the Landscape of this GT, while beautiful in its own way, not as photogenic as the other 2 GTs.

There are many landscapes in Spain, one can find anything. That for me adds to its interest. They are now in the SE, which receives the less rainfall of the whole Peninsula, often 200 mm a year.

Anyway the Vuelta is seldom going to regions with important mountains and forest in the inland, because there is no people/money to support it. Those areas are mostly abandonned at all levels, but from the cycling point of view they are just stunning. Cool for a training camp also.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Cav seemed to have run out of team-mates, he let himself get boxed in and had to go from way too far out. Farrar rode a canny sprint.