• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta a España 2019 stage 17: Aranda de Duero - Guadalajara > 219.6 km

etappe-17-profiel.jpg

The good news is the wind is forecast to be around 30km/h, so easily strong enough for echelons.

The bad news is that it will be a tail wind for the final 85km or so.

It will be blowing from the side for the first 130km, but it's a pity.

It appears Gorka Izagirre (Astana), Nathan Van Hooydonck (CCC Team), Owen Doull, Ian Stannard (Team Ineos) are also at the front, while Hermann Pernsteiner (Bahrain-Merida), Rémi Cavagna (Deceuninck-Quick Step), Mitchell Docker (EF Education First) and Jaco Venter (Dimension Data) are not.

taken from the official website. Pernsteiner missing out as well then.

It's stuff like this that makes me maintain my opinion that all racing - or at least the majority - should be shown in full. You just never know when crazy stuff like this is going to happen.

Aramon-Formigal 2.0

Main difference is that back then everyone for the GC was in the front group. Something tells me Roglic isn't just going to let everyone get away by 30+ minutes.

• Love
Reactions: Sandisfan

TRENDING THREADS