• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta a España 2019 stage 18: Communidad de Madrid. Colmenar Viejo -Becerril de la Sierra > 177.5 km

etappe-18-profiel.jpg

NavacerradaSE.gif

MorcueraN.gif

MorcueraS.gif

NavacerradaE.gif

I don't see Lopez and Pogacar waiting for Saturday. Saturday isn't as hard as tomorrow.
Don't be misled by the categorised climbs. I don't recall the exact figures and I can't find where I saw them on PCS a few days ago but Saturday has around 4600m of accumulated climbing and tomorrow there are less than 4000m. According to laflammerouge.com tomorrow's stage has 3689m of climbing and Saturday's 4559m.

Don't be misled by the categorised climbs. I don't recall the exact figures and I can't find where I saw them on PCS a few days ago but Saturday has around 4600m of accumulated climbing and tomorrow there are less than 4000m. According to laflammerouge.com tomorrow's stage has 3689m of climbing and Saturday's 4559m.
I think most of Saturday is on really shallow gradients though, but I would love more detailed profiles of just about the entire route.

The main climb where something could happen Saturday barely averages 6% with like 1km stretch of over 7%, which is most of the reason I haven't looked forward to that stage with much excitement, because overall I really like the idea of these stages with medium difficulty climbs and no MTF to be the last GC stages.

TRENDING THREADS