• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta a España Vuelta a España 2020: Stage 16 (Salamanca - Ciudad Rodrigo, 162 km)

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
So teams should just sit up and not contest the final ! Maybe they should withdraw from the race !
Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

I am really tired of teams dragging Roglic to the finish in a reduced sprint where he of course easily wins. So I am glad he got second here.
Quoted for truth. Hopefully next season this relatively easy stage winning will be over for Roglic. Seeing how he is 31, he doesn't have too many years left (probably) and let's see how long he can keep this ease in acceleration but if that is the new norm for 2-3 years now at every Grand Tour that he participates in, we might have just switched one GT nuissance (le froome) for another...

Some Quickstep rider crashed with around 50k to go. I didn’t see who it was but could it have been Bagioli?

Nah, that was Steimle.

He's probably tired or having some physical issues. Yesterday he was already in the very last group of 4 riders with Bennett and today as soon as the road started to rise you could see him having trouble following the (at that moment easy) pace of the peloton.

Roglic is not bad for a sprinter. Blocked there by Costa otherwise it would've been closer. He didn't win a single stage in the red jersey, only 2nd places. He needs his turtle mojo. I think he just secured his green jersey. Green Roglic, best Roglic this year.

I think someone coined a term for Roglic in green = Froglic. :D

ElVg4D_W0AIQzky

Quoted for truth. Hopefully next season this relatively easy stage winning will be over for Roglic. Seeing how he is 31, he doesn't have too many years left (probably) and let's see how long he can keep this ease in acceleration but if that is the new norm for 2-3 years now at every Grand Tour that he participates in, we might have just switched one GT nuissance (le froome) for another...
Oh no, a GC contender who is an actual all-rounder, not just a climber. The horror :eek: Making reduced sprints interesting for the GC shake-up and making GC involved in more stages :eek: So bad for the spectacle :p "we" is just you buddy :tearsofjoy:

Plus, it was cool to see how fiery and pissed Roglic was (about just missing a win) just after crossing the line, you could see him exclaim “f@&k “
You would think that after 4 stages and getting 6 more seconds he would be pleased but apparently not. He won by 1 second the ITT so it all evens out in the end. The most important thing is that he doesn't seem to be tired after yesterday giving his acceleration at the end. If he didn't feel good, he won't be in contention, Carapaz didn't even try.

Oh no, a GC contender who is an actual all-rounder, not just a climber. The horror :eek: Making reduced sprints interesting for the GC shake-up and making GC involved in more stages :eek: So bad for the spectacle :p "we" is just you buddy :tearsofjoy:
well it would be fine if his team would work for it, but now teams do all the work and then Roglic often finishes it off, I just find it annoying to look at.

well mitchelton scott had no lead out men left in the finale, without that Smith doesn't stand much of a chance so they should have ridden a bit smarter imo.

No team had lead out options, except maybe for MoviStar - And when a dangerous rider like Cavagna is up the road with less than 10 kms to go with a reduced peleton, then if you ride to bring him back, then you probably don't have a lead out left.

That's fair. Personally I prefer to have many different winners in a race, and don't like cannibals dominating races and collecting stage wins en masse, but to each his own. What's up with your smilie overload?

Reactions: broppo

TRENDING THREADS