• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta a Espana: Sept 16: Stage 17 Cuidad Real - Talavera de la Reina: 194km

Jun 16, 2009
www.oxygencycles.com
17_perfil.gif

Steephill says sprinter party. Any dissenters?

As far as I can guess Columbia will force a sprint so Greipel can get maximum points to ensure that can't accidently get the green jersey while fighting for overall. It'll be interesting to see if Liquigas will go all out again in the final to set up Benatti or are they starting to get disheartened by the Columbia juggernaut.

Has anyone heard how Dean pulled up after his boy meets tarmac incident?

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Bala Verde said:
Cunego, Ballan, Weylandt (injury, fractured os capitatum) abandoned.

Too bad for Weylandt!! I was surprised to not see him getting better results earlier. I hope a quick recovery!!

Apr 29, 2009
Visit site
After 47km
The gap is now 5 minutes
The 5-man break, composed of IRIZAR ARANBURU Markel, MARTINEZ PEREZ Francisco Jose, ROUX Anthony, MAASKANT Martijn and WESTRA Lieuwe

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
powderpuff said:
After 47km
The gap is now 5 minutes
The 5-man break, composed of IRIZAR ARANBURU Markel, MARTINEZ PEREZ Francisco Jose, ROUX Anthony, MAASKANT Martijn and WESTRA Lieuwe

Could be the break of the day. Who is going to catch them? Columbia again, and Liquigas who have noticed that Bennati doesn't have it?

Mosquera and Gesink both crashed some 30km before the finish. Because of their bike change they had no transponders and were not in the original result ;)

They are now back at their respective GC places (2nd and 6th).

Both riders have visited the doctor in the race. Mosquera pretty long even. I hope it doesn't have any effect

aarnold517 said:
that was fantastic to not only be able to catch maaskant back but then attack him not long after
When you catch a guy you know you are stronger (you have to ride faster to catch). And Maaskant was already going all out and pretty close to dying. It isn't a suprise to drop him then

Besides, Maaskant is not in great form in this Vuelta, I emailed him over the weekend (I do his website) and he said he didn't exactly have a best time. The double fall in San Sebastian and Vattenfall Cyclassics on the same knee didn't do him well

also, anthony roux is now my favorite rider

first he picks flowers from the bouquet to give to the podium girls, then he sprays the next podium girls with the champagne given to the winner of the stage. awesome

TRENDING THREADS