• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta a Espana Stage 1: Benidorm TTT 13.5km

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 14, 2010
Visit site
Did anyone watch the team presentation last night / earlier? Not exactly scintillating, but they did preview the stages. During Team Sky's moment on stage, Wiggins looked cross, and when asked the perfunctory "interview" questions by the host, complained of being "treated like dogs for the past hour." That, at least, was entertaining.

Maxiton said:
Did anyone watch the team presentation last night / earlier? Not exactly scintillating, but they did preview the stages. During Team Sky's moment on stage, Wiggins looked cross, and when asked the perfunctory "interview" questions by the host, complained of being "treated like dogs for the past hour." That, at least, was entertaining.

Eurosport had time to kill, so they just showed some of it.
Some scaffolding and planks knocked up on the beach?
Austerity in Spain.

Wiggins looked painfully thin and rather glum, as did JVdB.

Anyhow, we have sunny Skil, ready to start.

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Mellow Velo said:
Eurosport had time to kill, so they just showed some of it.
Some scaffolding and planks knocked up on the beach?
Austerity in Spain.

Wiggins looked painfully thin and rather glum, as did JVdB.

Anyhow, we have sunny Skil, ready to start.

The music and "choreography" - let's just say it put viewers in the pain cave. Unbelievably bad.

I've met a good number of young Europeans who insist that procycling is a sport for middle-aged men - i.e., that no young people care about it. I doubt that's really true, but the "entertainment" on the beach last night certainly would have proven their point. What were they thinking?