• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta a San Juan 2023 (January 22-29)

Page 12 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Why are you guys even watching this race apart from the last 10 km of the mountain stage. This is god awful, and its pretty pointless to complain about the race not being that interesting after looking at the route.. every body and their goddamn mom and their dumbass neighbors would know that you cannot expect anything on a route like this

Reactions: Sandisfan
Why are you guys even watching this race apart from the last 10 km of the mountain stage. This is god awful, and its pretty pointless to complain about the race not being that interesting after looking at the route.. every body and their goddamn mom and their dumbass neighbors would know that you cannot expect anything on a route like this
What else am I going to do on a weekday after work? Spend time with my relatives?!

I like sprints and it's a decent field. So there's that. Even with the camera outages I get the finish line hard lined shot. LOL. Yeah it's rough.

Fnbv9NgX0AAHjEt

Though I’m not his biggest fan, I think tomorrow will be Superman’s time to fly…

Although I’m definitely pulling for Sevilla to shock the world. Now if only he could convince his buddy Paco Mancebo that they should team up again for old time’s sake. At least get Mancebo to race in the western hemisphere.

Big words from someone who once got an article about two sprinters published (or maybe you can't use the word "published" if it's on a cycling website?).

It depends in what shape Bernal is in. The duo Bernal- Martínez ought to try something. López more or less has to perform good. Evenepoel on paper the one to beat. And some other cyclists involved. Capable of a surprise. Rest day likely being beneficial in regards to potential action.

Things could go down (hill).

I know it's January, but you simply cannot design a stage race with 4 flat stages, a rest day, a mountain top stage that's like 18 km at 4 percent, more or less, then two more flat stages. It would be comical if it weren't so tragic.

Last edited:
  • Wow

TRENDING THREADS