• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta al País Vasco 4–9 April 2016

Page 28 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Re:

HelloDolly said:
Seeing pictures of Landa he kinda defies the very thin climber look...he seems so chunky ...not fat but very chunky/muscular ...really no quintana or purito or bardet is he ?
he is 174 x 61 in top form. pretty thin. if you want bigger climbers in bmi than check superman lopez who is 170 x 65, which is really heavy build. you can also see it in his legs, but in general very muscled guy for a cyclist. betancur is another example

Re: Re:

Ryo Hazuki said:
HelloDolly said:
Seeing pictures of Landa he kinda defies the very thin climber look...he seems so chunky ...not fat but very chunky/muscular ...really no quintana or purito or bardet is he ?
he is 174 x 61 in top form. pretty thin. if you want bigger climbers in bmi than check superman lopez who is 170 x 65, which is really heavy build. you can also see it in his legs, but in general very muscled guy for a cyclist. betancur is another example

Was about to say. Superman's legs look like a sprinters legs.

Ryo Hazuki said:
HelloDolly said:

I don't need ot look far ...NIcolas Roche is 69kg and 1.78 ....
What I am saying is for such a top climber Landa does not LOOK skinny at all even though his weight is listed 61

Imagine he is more than 61 now...more like 64...well to my eyes anyway

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site

HelloDolly said:
Ryo Hazuki said:
HelloDolly said:

What I am saying is for such a top climber Landa does not LOOK skinny at all even though his weight is listed 61

roche is not a climber.

Ryo Hazuki said:
HelloDolly said:
Ryo Hazuki said:
HelloDolly said:

roche is not a climber.

Well I guess he would beg to differ ... even if his climbing is only produced at the Vuelta when he has managed to get down to 67KG

But this is like the Dan Martin argument ...who is also a climber ...though many on here say no

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site

HelloDolly said:
Ryo Hazuki said:
HelloDolly said:
Ryo Hazuki said:
HelloDolly said:

roche is not a climber.

Well I guess he would beg to differ ... even if his climbing is only produced at the Vuelta when he has managed to get down to 67KG

But this is like the Dan Martin argument ...who is also a climber ...though many on here say no
I agree martin is a climber. but roche no way. roche is a rouleur, a strenght rider who can lower his loss in the mountains but he never gains anything in the mountains like climbers do.

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
Re:

Taxus4a said:
Today there is a stage for brave riders, notans easy one to control.

It would be nice if Contador try something, it is possible climbing and descending, but I would like to be people as Mollema, Dan martin, or even Aru attacking. Froom now to the end is all up and down and the first part of Arritxulegui is hard.

Is also a good profile for Rui Costa, I like to see him attacking also

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
Re:

HelloDolly said:
I have always been baffled by that as well. He certainly looks more "healthy" than when he was at Astana but even in Astana he looked a bit heavy. Now he certainly seems to have more body fat, but it has not diminished any of his climbing skills. But that is not the default frame of a climber. Which is maybe good, we need to move away from the razor thin climbers

inacion said:
Taxus4a said:
Today there is a stage for brave riders, notans easy one to control.

It would be nice if Contador try something, it is possible climbing and descending, but I would like to be people as Mollema, Dan martin, or even Aru attacking. Froom now to the end is all up and down and the first part of Arritxulegui is hard.

Is also a good profile for Rui Costa, I like to see him attacking also

Yes, it is, but he is tooclose in GC, he can, but wont be allowed to get some meter, SKY will go for him, or maybe another team. Other riders could be little bit different.

Today is possible toa group of rider took some meters and go till theend, and some dangerous people inside.