• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta Stage 18: Suances → Santo Toribio de Liébana - 169 km

Page 22 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Forever The Best said:
wwabbit said:
Valv.Piti said:
I think this is why some people dislike Sky. Just wow.....

Obviously it's because people do not have the maturity to accept the results with grace and congratulate the deserving winner for a good ride when the winner beats their favorite rider.
Or perhaps that people don't like the winner because he is arrogant, boasts about animal cruelty, boasts about warning UCI over mechanical doping when Femke van Driessche gets caught, or his Mein Climb book (the coffee thing for example), or his whining about Contador attacking on a descent in Gap '13 or his whining about Nibali attacking in La Touissure '15 or the identity theft, or some of his statements about clinic matters.

Lot of cherry picking and distortion there

Forever The Best said:
wwabbit said:
Valv.Piti said:

Obviously it's because people do not have the maturity to accept the results with grace and congratulate the deserving winner for a good ride when the winner beats their favorite rider.
Or perhaps that people don't like the winner because he is arrogant, boasts about animal cruelty, boasts about warning UCI over mechanical doping when Femke van Driessche gets caught, or his Mein Climb book (the coffee thing for example), or his whining about Contador attacking on a descent in Gap '13 or his whining about Nibali attacking in La Touissure '15 or the identity theft, or some of his statements about clinic matters.

:lol: When my mood is not perfect I actually know what to do: just to visit this forum, read such posts and finally can start to laugh. :lol:

snccdcno

BANNED
Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Re:

Bot. Sky_Bot said:
The same arguments so reply will be the same.
This Vuelta proved several times that Froome is beatable.
Finally crucial point is if he is weaker or stronger than his rivals, despite the train. So obvious.

There is definitely something that is obvious.

wwabbit said:
Valv.Piti said:

Yeah, that'll be it. Wait, no. It's the dislike of a team buying their way to winning, suffocating almost anybody else. It creates a feeling of an uneven playing field, which it is.

del1962 said:
Forever The Best said:
wwabbit said:
Valv.Piti said:

Bot. Sky_Bot said:
[quote="Forever The Best":21sw4yof][quote="wwabbit":21sw4yof][quote="<span class="skimlinks-unlinked">Valv.Piti</span>":21sw4yof]I think this is why some people dislike Sky. Just wow.....

Obviously it's because people do not have the maturity to accept the results with grace and congratulate the deserving winner for a good ride when the winner beats their favorite rider.[/quote]
Or perhaps that people don't like the winner because he is arrogant, boasts about animal cruelty, boasts about warning UCI over mechanical doping when Femke van Driessche gets caught, or his Mein Climb book (the coffee thing for example), or his whining about Contador attacking on a descent in Gap '13 or his whining about Nibali attacking in La Touissure '15 or the identity theft, or some of his statements about clinic matters.[/quote]

:lol: When my mood is not perfect I actually know what to do: just to visit this forum, read such posts and finally can start to laugh. :lol:[/quote]

Why don't you 2 answer my points instead of writing condescending posts? :eek:

Forever The Best said:
del1962 said:
Forever The Best said:
wwabbit said:
Valv.Piti said:

Bot. Sky_Bot said:
[quote="Forever The Best":3o5y9va9][quote="wwabbit":3o5y9va9][quote="<span class="skimlinks-unlinked">Valv.Piti</span>":3o5y9va9]I think this is why some people dislike Sky. Just wow.....

Or perhaps that people don't like the winner because he is arrogant, boasts about animal cruelty, boasts about warning UCI over mechanical doping when Femke van Driessche gets caught, or his Mein Climb book (the coffee thing for example), or his whining about Contador attacking on a descent in Gap '13 or his whining about Nibali attacking in La Touissure '15 or the identity theft, or some of his statements about clinic matters.[/quote]

:lol: When my mood is not perfect I actually know what to do: just to visit this forum, read such posts and finally can start to laugh. :lol:[/quote]

Why don't you 2 answer my points instead of writing condescending posts? :eek:[/quote]

What points all I see is a rather pathetic rant

del1962 said:
Forever The Best said:
del1962 said:
Forever The Best said:
wwabbit said:

Bot. Sky_Bot said:
[quote="Forever The Best":72bdoi9o][quote="wwabbit":72bdoi9o]

:lol: When my mood is not perfect I actually know what to do: just to visit this forum, read such posts and finally can start to laugh. :lol:

Why don't you 2 answer my points instead of writing condescending posts? :eek:[/quote]

What points all I see is a rather pathetic rant[/quote]So you don't have an answer since you resort to sentences like this. :cool:

LaFlorecita said:
Forever The Best said:
Why don't you 2 answer my points instead of writing condescending posts? :eek:
Just ignore them. Your points were absolutely spot on.

What points did he make that weren't the sort of cherry picked garbage

Lets take Nibali, blatant cheating by 100mph rides of cars, throwing bottles at other cyclists, bad mouthing his competitors frequntly, generally arrogant,

See I can make a cherry picked rant about another cyclist he supports too

Forever The Best said:
del1962 said:
Forever The Best said:
del1962 said:
Forever The Best said:

Bot. Sky_Bot said:
[quote="Forever The Best":lruuv625][quote="wwabbit":lruuv625]

What points all I see is a rather pathetic rant[/quote]So you don't have an answer since you resort to sentences like this. :cool:[/quote]

You serioulsy dont understand what cherry picking is, and your original post was a rant

May 26, 2009
Visit site
Re:

BYOP88 said:
Froome to win this with room to spare. He's had his *"GT off day"*.

*The one where he pretends to be sick or just having a bad day.

Not far off the mark, some extra time gained on those nearest him.

wwabbit said:
There's too much emphasis being put on the team and not on the rider.
Most GTs are won either by the strongest rider, or the 2nd strongest rider if the strongest rider's team screwed up (e.g. 2011 Vuelta, 2012 Vuelta, 2014 Tour, 2016 Vuelta).

Having a strong team simply reduces the chances of the the team screwing up.
Do you think Froome would win this Vuelta if he was the same rider, but in team Postobon?

Jagartrott said:
wwabbit said:
There's too much emphasis being put on the team and not on the rider.
Most GTs are won either by the strongest rider, or the 2nd strongest rider if the strongest rider's team screwed up (e.g. 2011 Vuelta, 2012 Vuelta, 2014 Tour, 2016 Vuelta).

Having a strong team simply reduces the chances of the the team screwing up.
Do you think Froome would win this Vuelta if he was the same rider, but in team Postobon?
It's hard to decide. His way of riding would certainly change. He is making the best of having the strongest team in the peloton but it doesn't mean that he would fail if he was aware that his team was not going to allow him to ride like he does now. His approach to the race would have been different then.

Forever The Best said:
wwabbit said:
Valv.Piti said:

Or perhaps that people don't like the winner because he is arrogant, boasts about animal cruelty, boasts about warning UCI over mechanical doping when Femke van Driessche gets caught, or his The Climb book (the coffee thing for example), or his whining about Contador attacking on a descent in Gap '13 or his whining about Nibali attacking in La Touissure '15 or the identity theft, or some of his statements about clinic matters.
you are completely right mate, but the real issue is that any prominent rider has the skeletals in his cupboard so the list of nasty things about pretty much whoever can be easily composed.

webvan said:
Inquitus said:
That throws the cat among the pigeons! I was confident Nibali's form was coming good and Froome was on the wane, but then Froome just made that stick and put a good 15-20secs into NIbali there, makes reading what is likely to happen on the Angliru much hazier to predict!

Nibali was never going to do wonders on Angliru, heck he couldn't even follow Horner there in 2013 !

The way things are going it seems Bertie could get 2nd after Angliru...

That Horner would out climb whole field at this Vuelta with one leg! Nibali will drop Froome at Angliru, but I'm afraid it wont be enough.