• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Warning for Lance fans

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
A

Anonymous

1230200504_84268109cb38fb802a79d28c889b8efe.jpg

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
The general consensus is that the top 20 in the TdF were doped to the gills, right? So it was a level playing field right? This makes me not really care if Lance ever gets seriously busted, I just want the sport to become clean and stay that way, the past is the past. I don't think it would be good for the sport if Lance got officially busted, like on CNN or something, little cycling kids need someone to look up to... and Cozza is cool and all but I don't want to see any more mustachioed 20 somethings on bikes.

Preemo said:
Thanks for your question and not flaming.

Ultimately what I am saying is that it is possible and valid to have a view that Lance did not use performance enhancing drugs. That reading this forum you might think that was not the case. A fair (in my opinion) view of the facts is that it is unproven. I acknowledge others have a different view and that too is valid. I'm not out to convince anyone or anything. I am not trying to bait or personalize the argument and I must say (thankfully) all the posters to date have been taken it in that spirit and responded in kind.

I hope that makes sense....I have spent what feels like several hours on this thread now and it is well past my bed-time so I will be signing off soon.

Great work Preemo. Going on 7 hours from your last post and the hyenas just won't let this thread die. You really whipped them up into a frenzy. They just can't help themselves or take their own advice. As always, EPIC success even if they don't know why. You've created a thread that pushed them past their usual circle jerk!

np1aiv.jpg

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
SpeedWay said:
Great work Preemo. Going on 7 hours from your last post and the hyenas just won't let this thread die. You really whipped them up into a frenzy. They just can't help themselves or take their own advice. As always, EPIC success even if they don't know why. You've created a thread that pushed them past their usual circle jerk!

np1aiv.jpg

Speedway - which one is you?

I'll make one post, trying to civilly answer, and that's it.

Preemo said:
What is my warning - it is this: This forum is rife with rumour, circumstantial information and long bows drawn from a sprinkling of facts.
Astounding that with the thousands of posts, threads and many detailed links and evidence, you would dismiss all of it with that argument from some unseen authority.

Have you been to the RS or RBR forums?

This forum also has plenty of anti-Lance posters (many seem to be veterans of the Lance wars) who delight in finding and them swamping/overwhelming any pro-Lance posts.
Usually with sharp logic, and facts. Unfortunately sometimes these same posters skin wears really thin and they give smart-ass, snarky responses, as you've now seen.
...My default position remains innocent until proven guilty.
As has been posted here, and other forums many times, this is not a case of "innocent until proven guilty", as this is not a court of law. It's a sport with rules written in contract all participants sign. If it takes conviction, as in sanctioning by said governing bodies, for you to accept proof, then you are right, Lance has not been "proven guilty" (though Levi Leipheimer, who you also reference, has). None the less, a huge preponderance of evidence has shown that any person thinking with logic, unclouded by admiration, would determine he has doped. It's listed in this thread, and many more.

I am hoping the anti-Lance haters don't descend on this thread and destroy what I am trying to do.
It appears you collapse everyone who believes Lance's guilt as an "anti-Lance hater". It is the position of many here that it is logical conclusions, based on factual evidence, that determine Lance has doped. Not whether they hate him, or anyone else, as a person.

I hope Lance has one more TDF victory left in his legs.
Which shows you are starting with a biased viewpoint.

I know a lot more about Lance than other cyclists ....
So does Betsy Andreu. I'll bet she knows more about him than you do.

The Vrijman's report also cleared Armstrong because of improper handling and testing. The report said the tests were conducted improperly...
Not exactly. This has been covered over and over and over in here. You say you are a long time lurker, if so, it's surprising you're trying to push this over onto people.

It's also either convenience, or just interesting for us, that you completely ignored the Michael Ashenden interview, and all he had to say regarding the 1999 EPO re-test.

A

Anonymous

Thoughtforfood said:
Deleted by mod

The guy posts a picture of two hyenas screwing in a burned out landscape and my post was over the line???!!! You guys have no sense of how this game of one-upsmanship is played, do you?

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
Preemo said:
I'm a Lance Armstrong fan who believes Lance is a freak of nature honed by his background and supported by his focus, methods and strong team - but not by illegal performance enhancing drugs.
Seriously, why it is that some LA fans have such a hard time coming to terms with the fact that LA was a doper? Why would it be any more difficult to accept that LA was doping than it is to accept that Pantani or Riis or Ullrich or Basso or Vino etc etc etc were doping?

VeloCity said:
Seriously, why it is that some LA fans have such a hard time coming to terms with the fact that LA was a doper? Why would it be any more difficult to accept that LA was doping than it is to accept that Pantani or Riis or Ullrich or Basso or Vino etc etc etc were doping?

I think it is some sort of strange hero worhship that allows people to live vicariously through others. Any attack on the object of their affection is seen as an attack on themselves.