• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Warren Barguil Discussion Thread

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

CheckMyPecs said:
PremierAndrew said:
King Boonen said:
Alexandre B. said:
His competition will be Louis Meintjes. Maybe Adam Yates (unlikely but who knows).

Kelderman too maybe?

Isn't kelderman ineligible?

Yeah he is, he's older than bardet
No, he isn't. He appears on the white jersey classification on the official Tour website.

Yeah, and he's 4 months younger than Bardet, not 8 months older :p

Jul 14, 2015
Visit site
Re:

Alexandre B. said:
He has a rant on Kelderman.

Says on Eurosport that he greatly dislikes this kind of rider, that never take a pull.

I somewhat understand what he is saying about Kelderman but to be honest, after that crash yesterday Kelderman was just content beving on the bike and staying upright.
But to be fair, i've seen Kelderman doing more than his fair share of pulls. I do understand that he won't pull when he has nothing to gain.

A car accident that messed his winter.
22th at Volta a Catalunya
DNF at Vuelta al Pais Vaisco
15th at Amstel Gold Race
9th at Flèche Wallonne
6th at Liège-Bastogne-Liège
3rd at Tour de Suisse
23rd at Tour de France
54th at Clasica San Sebastian
DNF at Olympic Games Road Race
DNF at Vuelta a España
25th at Tre Valli Varesine
10th at Milano-Torino
8th at Il Lombardia

Overall, a disappointment in GTs but a great improvement in one-day races. His summer was particularly weak, but he was also sick.
I wish him a fine winter for 2017.

Re:

King Boonen said:
I missed the stage but just wanted to say that Warren "real deal" Barguil is back :D

That was a pretty amazing ride. Very clever at the end to avoid taking pulls so he could have a shot at the sprint.
It's stages like this why he's been a frustrating rider. Clearly he has the climbing ability and a turn of speed. So why can't he put it all together? Shows just how hard it is to win (or podium) a GT...

Re: Re:

Bolder said:
King Boonen said:
I missed the stage but just wanted to say that Warren "real deal" Barguil is back :D

That was a pretty amazing ride. Very clever at the end to avoid taking pulls so he could have a shot at the sprint.
It's stages like this why he's been a frustrating rider. Clearly he has the climbing ability and a turn of speed. So why can't he put it all together? Shows just how hard it is to win (or podium) a GT...

He's still pretty young, there could be so many different things that are an issue. He was involved in that big car accident and maybe it took him a good while to get back to full fitness and confidence. He hasn't yet kicked on from his youth results or turned those good classics performances into a win but he certainly looks like he could. Stamina could be an issue but that should improve with age. hopefully he can hang on to the favourites for the rest of the tour and move up the GC or get a stage win.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts