• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Website Errors.

Page 11 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
In the article about Basso it says:
"Stage 14 started in Busto Arzisio less than ten kilometers away from his town of Cassano Magnago. "

It is in fact stage 15.

Susan Westemeyer said:
BY the way, our reporter says that is not a translation but something she heard herself, in english.

Susan
The rest of the text is basically he same as that tv interview, so I assume she misheard.

Funnily enough, the Dutch press have used the Cyclingnews article as a source, and now there's even a guy who wrote a column about Gesink saying he felt "dead", when he didn't actually say that :eek: Oh, the joys of the sports press.

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
000_par7140493_600.jpg

Cristophe Kern much? This is not Sylvain Chavanel

May 20, 2010
Visit site
misleading impression

Evans: I need to improve to win Tour de France
By: Barry RyanPublished: June 7, 17:20, Updated: June 7, 17:21Race:Critérium du Dauphiné

"Cadel Evans (BMC) struggled in the Dauphine time trial a bit.

... SNIP
...Indeed, at one point, it appeared as though Wiggins might even catch the Australian for two minutes, but Evans battled resolutely to hold off his pursuer.

...SNIP
The statistics show that Evans’ time trial unravelled in the middle section of the course. At the first time check after 18km, he was just 6 seconds behind Wiggins, but that gap stretched out to 1:37 over the following 22 kilometres. In the finale, Evans was once again able to limit his losses."

In the finale Evans actually marginally recovered some of his losses. Wiggins appeared to get to within 10secs and crossed 17sec after Evans.

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Moreno matches Rodriguez at Dauphiné
By: Barry RyanPublished: June 10, 18:42, Updated: June 10, 18:33Race:Critérium du Dauphiné
Do you like this?
Tweet

Daniel Moreno (Katusha) wins his second stage in the Critérium du Dauphiné...

snip

Moreno also faced fierce competition from third-placed Cadel Evans (BMC) in the closing meters, on a finale not dissimilar to the Mûr de Bretagne, where the Australian took his first, and so far only, Tour de France stage victory last year. "I saw BMC working and it was clear that the stage could have been a perfect finish for Cadel," he said. "But the plan for us was to get to the line in one group and the team did a great job."

Cadel has 2 TdF stage wins. The writing above implies (and I believe is intended to indicate) that he has one stage win only from all Tours de France he has participated in.

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Didnt want to start a new thread but the stages for the Tour have only been done up to stage 4 all the other have no hyperlinks I dont know if it is an error but I was just wondering.

I was also wondering whether cyclingnews would be producing a top 5 stages preview like they did for the Giro and if so then I would be interested to know when would that be put on the site.

TRENDING THREADS