• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Welcome to the CN Forum - Come and introduce yourself

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 22, 2009
Visit site
Cyclingnews has been my homepage for the past 5 years. I'm able to keep up with the greatest sport in the world.Wether it's checking in on how the monsters in Europe are crushing it, or to see how badly my friends are suffering in the domestic scene, cylingnews has it for me. Thanks for finally getting this forum together.

Interesting to see how many people in this thread took the time to register and post, but have either never (or very rarely), posted anywhere else.

Something about the tone of the forum? Are people intimidated? Too much doping talk? Just curious.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Italian fashion empire from

Italian fashion empire from the model of the 杭州装饰公司few, the only people to be impressed by the number of Connaught Mariacarla Boscono), and in August 2007 as its "VOGUE" the Chinese version of the cover girl, Mariacarla had a bushy black hair , since the dye into a golden season 杭州装饰设计and short, she became the star who is now not only become the darling of the design profession, GIVENCHY designer RicardoTisci inspired by a close friend and muse, the major competing brands also invited her to 杭州写字楼装修公司endorsement, including YSL and H & M's Stella McCartney limited edition.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Can be called brandy cognac

Can be called brandy cognac, but not 二手房装修公司necessarily the cognac brandy. Only by growing in the Cognac region in southwestern France, six sub-regional brewing grape, grapes must be harvested in September of each year, at the beginning 杭州装饰公司of brewing by the end of November, and April 30 the following year to complete the double distillation can cognac the name of the production. After only a general distillation of brandy, so taste more spicy and concentrated, and the cognac after a double distillation, alcohol is more alcohol. Here are some of cognac cognac is brewing over a long period of possession 杭州空调维修and deployment of all by the master is a typical representative of French luxury.

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Hi everybody.
I'm a 25 year old law student from Norway. I'm quite new to cycling. I haved followed it closely for the last 12-18 months, but I started watching the TdF when they finally showed it on Norwegian television about 5-6 years ago.

Cyclingnews is in my opinion the best cyclingsite out there, and I hope the forum can have the same standard - with high quality discussions :)

May 8, 2009
Visit site
Asian Cycling Championship 2009.

Hi everyone,
I'm a Brit expat living in Jakarta, I was looking for news on an up and coming event and found this...
Cycling News, what a great site. I want to announce an event u may like to know about. I am living in Indonesia and there's the 29th Asian Cycling Championship & 16th Asian Junior Championship being held in Tenggaron - East Kalimantan, Indonesia. 15 -20th August 2009. The theme is Save our Forests. Save our World. Atheletes from 35 Asian countries will be participating. If you would like more info email me. Thanks, Steve.

jaylew said:
Interesting to see how many people in this thread took the time to register and post, but have either never (or very rarely), posted anywhere else.

Something about the tone of the forum? Are people intimidated? Too much doping talk? Just curious.

I found that interesting to jaylew. The tone is on occasion confrontational and condescending. Not really welcoming to newcomers who may not share the supposed wealth of cycling knowledge that some of the posters "think that they have" and don't hesitate to ridicule and insult without consequence.
The doping topic is regularly inserted into virtually every thread with the defense being one is "naive" for finding its inclusion in every thread as counterproductive and often unrelated.

Jun 5, 2009
Visit site

Personally I do not think they are that bad. Find the files you are looking for at torrent-hunter.com the most comprehensive source for free-to-try files downloads on the Web

Angliru said:
I found that interesting to jaylew. The tone is on occasion confrontational and condescending. Not really welcoming to newcomers who may not share the supposed wealth of cycling knowledge that some of the posters "think that they have" and don't hesitate to ridicule and insult without consequence.
The doping topic is regularly inserted into virtually every thread with the defense being one is "naive" for finding its inclusion in every thread as counterproductive and often unrelated.

I agree - it seems people are pretty full on here. Quite often a new contributor will get slammed for asking a fairly innocent question or making a simple statement about a well known rider. And maybe I have made the odd patronising post too!

I am not sure you can do much about it - sad really. My own approach is generally to just ignore the negative stuff.

Onwards and upwards ;)

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
hello

nlimited Creativity in

Software Development
Web Designing
Flash Softwares
Digital Flip Book
Digital Magazines
School Management Software
Employee Management Software
Biometric Device Softwares
Mobile Devices Software
Unix/Linux Tech Support
Search Engine Optimization
Find more......

evani

fidapp

Mar 3, 2009
Visit site
180mmCrank said:
I am not sure you can do much about it - sad really. My own approach is generally to just ignore the negative stuff.

You're welcome to report any post which you feel is in violation of the forum guidelines. We don't currently receive many of these notifications - mainly the odd bit of spam - but that's what it's there for. Whether users decide to use that function or not is solely on their shoulders.

Cheers
Greg Johnson

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site

Hi Daniel - I like the new design - it's slick, clean, and quick. BUT can you please fix, on your first page about the new site, the headline that reads "Features and insight from the Pro’s"? I can't help deducting IQ points for apostrophe abuse, and this clean new site deserves to be free of them. Usually a nice live human makes a better editor than spell-check.

Thanks, and keep up the good work! --- Sharon R.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Hello to you all!

I'm a 60 year old American living in Amsterdam and have been a big time Lance fan since I watched him take the world title in the rain in Oslo ('93?). You can look forward to me defending him against the usual bad mouthing. Call me naive, but I do NOT believe that every rider is doped, though I would still be watching even if they all were.

This is my first venture in a cycling forum, though I have been a member of football and music forums for many years. Perceptive UK readers may guess that my handle refers to my passion for West Ham United, and they would be correct!

Like Sharon R. just before me, I'm a bit of a linguistic pedant when it comes to writing good English, though this only applies to native speakers! I also detest wayward apostrophes!

I'm particularly psyched for this Tour, for obvious reasons. Bring it on!

George

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
hello from SF, CA

Glad to see that cyclingnews also has a forum that I hope will blossom into a greatness equal to their online coverage of the sport.

I also am looking forward to more tech-oriented questions (new products, wrenching) and will post as soon as I have a problem with one of my bikes.

:cool:

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Hate Live coverage page layout

After scrolling down the page to read the update, you now have to scoll back to the top to click link to proceed to next page. Hate that so much I follow live update on different website now. Also puzzled why you duplicate links on the home page. You have headlines at the top, again on the right side and then a third time under that. I used to follow you as the number one cycling site, but your site has failed miserably and I am on other site now, much more than yours.

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
Dear Cyclingnews

I joined the forum very recently (OK, yesterday) in anticipation of an interesting exchange and discussion of events in the cycling world, but must admit that I am a bit disappointed. The idea of the forum is great, and there are occasional interesting posts but I find it rather depressing that some people seem to be more intent on insulting those who do not agree with them (or those who are new - why on earth do you want to chase away new people? The more insights, the more interesting the forum would be, after all!). Thus, I would like to ask whether the letters page could be reinstated again alongside the forum. This was always a highlight and I miss it!

Cheers!

Jul 8, 2009
www.edwardgtalbot.com
Been reading cyclingnews for years, but just joined the Forum. 39 year old from USA (Maine and Florida) Been a runner and racewalker most of my life, but have done some TT riding the past few years. I've been a cycling fan since doing a couple seasons of racing as a youngster in the early 1980's before switching to running.

Love the site.

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Greece try to get involve

This is the first year,our country has three semi-continental teams,so CN is a very good way to find news about their races.
I hope for better cycling days for all and especially for Greece.
My name is Sakis and my longest ride was 530km(21hours),and loving italian art like lavaredo,mortirolo,le roi.

TRENDING THREADS