• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Welcome to the CN Forum - Come and introduce yourself

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Quixote said:
AN EMAIL, SECRET HANDSHAKE, SENIOR MEMBER AREA...IS THAT IT!!!
At any rate, thanks krebs303 for leveling with me. Now that I know it's a numbers game (100 posts), at least I can set a goal.
Quixote
Senior Member posing as a Junior

Hey...what's up? I just noticed that my Junior Member status has been changed to simply "Member"! Is this a demotion? Did I accidentally ruffle some feathers? My primary goal has always been to reach Senior, get that secret handshake, and the keys to the senior restroom (Loo). Then, of course, I'll start thinking about cycling-world domination. Anyway, how much longer must I suffer this extended initiation process? And, are all my "senior member" documents in order. By my calculations, I only have 30 more posts!

Mar 16, 2009
ellobodelmar.spaces.live.com
Quixote said:
Hey...what's up? I just noticed that my Junior Member status has been changed to simply "Member"! Is this a demotion? Did I accidentally ruffle some feathers? My primary goal has always been to reach Senior, get that secret handshake, and the keys to the senior restroom (Loo). Then, of course, I'll start thinking about cycling-world domination. Anyway, how much longer must I suffer this extended initiation process? And, are all my "senior member" documents in order. By my calculations, I only have 30 more posts!

I just checked and it maybe your thread to post count.
Started 6 threads and have 70 posts. You have the most posts in all the threads you started. Your 6 threads have a combined view total of 14,971 or an average of 2495 per thread divided by your 70 posts gives 35.64 which then is divided by your daily post average of 1.71 which equals 20.6 you've been a member 39 days. 39/20.6=1.89 which is higher than your daily post count. I hope this cleared it up for you. There is an app coming for this soon.

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
krebs303 said:
I just checked and it maybe your thread to post count.
Started 6 threads and have 70 posts. You have the most posts in all the threads you started. Your 6 threads have a combined view total of 14,971 or an average of 2495 per thread divided by your 70 posts gives 35.64 which then is divided by your daily post average of 1.71 which equals 20.6 you've been a member 39 days. 39/20.6=1.89 which is higher than your daily post count. I hope this cleared it up for you. There is an app coming for this soon.
Again Krebs303, thank you for your honesty and clarity on this issue. So it appears as though my posts that are replies to my own threads are working against me. I always considered those posts as a form of "tending my gardens". And also inherent in this formula is the expectation that members should actually reply to threads started by other members. What a novel idea! Thus, carrying on a conversation with oneself is frowned upon no matter how interesting that conversation may be. This opens up so many possibilities for me. The problem is that I have nothing to add regarding wheel building, cranks, doping, Team Sky, or cats. I think I'll just hire some college interns to *reply to every post on the site with intelligence and panache. That ought to do it.
Quixote
Senior Member with new inspiration

Mar 16, 2009
ellobodelmar.spaces.live.com
Quixote said:
Again Krebs303, thank you for your honesty and clarity on this issue. So it appears as though my posts that are replies to my own threads are working against me. I always considered those posts as a form of "tending my gardens". And also inherent in this formula is the expectation that members should actually reply to threads started by other members. What a novel idea! Thus, carrying on a conversation with oneself is frowned upon no matter how interesting that conversation may be. This opens up so many possibilities for me. The problem is that I have nothing to add regarding wheel building, cranks, doping, Team Sky, or cats. I think I'll just hire some college interns to *reply to every post on the site with intelligence and panache. That ought to do it.
Quixote
Senior Member with new inspiration

That's what the Clinic is for. It requires nothing more than wild speculation or innuendo. Facts are not required except by Dr. Maserati who likes links, but most just seem to ignore him:(
Also the Freeform/Chaos thread is good because nothing is off topic

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Zam_Olyas said:
Welcome to newest member Barbarossa. Fredrick 1, Holy Roman Emperor also called Barbarossa was an interesting character of the ancient world.

Friedrich I. :D

Look, his chandelier is hanging right above me.

800px-Aachen_Cathedral_Barbarossaleuchter.jpg

Hello. I'm new here. Not a pro rider, but a poor amateur rider. Armchair Tour watcher.

I'm currently under the weather, and have been entertaining myself by reading through the whole of the Contador thread, and I got to around page 60 or so of the LA thread. I love the way people with different expertise can work together. I'm also amused by the petty squabbles, too, which is just like every other forum I've ever been on.

Anyway, just thought I'd say "hi".

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
doolols said:
Hello. I'm new here. Not a pro rider, but a poor amateur rider. Armchair Tour watcher.

I'm currently under the weather, and have been entertaining myself by reading through the whole of the Contador thread, and I got to around page 60 or so of the LA thread. I love the way people with different expertise can work together. I'm also amused by the petty squabbles, too, which is just like every other forum I've ever been on.

Welcome aboard, Droolos. 60 pages of LA and the whole of the Contador thread... Not bad, Lad. Uh, you are aware that there's an exam following finishing any thread???
Ha! Have a great time and hope you feel better soon.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
doolols said:

Hey Hooo!!!

As for the LA thread I think you missed the goings on of the past two days, probably good for you though.

pig pen

BANNED
Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Hi,
Just wanted to tell everyone how excited I am to become a member. I love cycling (riding, touring, training, and the cycling gear.)
Cheers, pig pen

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
New Member Saying Hello!

I'd not realised that the welcome section, was contained within "About The Forum" So, I posted a thread on the General Section! As below:>

Hi All,

Couldn't find a welcome section on CN forum! So, hope this is the correct place to post my first thread?

Just signed up to CN; and after reading some of the threads and posts on the forum, I'm pleased to become a member of the community.

I love cycling and of-course bicycles (always fascinated by bikes) new one's or old antique retro models.

I'm not new to cycling, in fact it's been quite some time since I first sat on a bicycle; and during the time lapse I tried all the usual cycling sports : Road Racing - Time Trialing, a few Crit's and Triathlons; and also did quite a bit of running. But, these days I'm more relaxed with my cycling; and only cycle for pleasure and the pure enjoyment of being on a bicycle.
Other Hobbies include Fly fishing on the rivers and streams of South Wales, occasional bit of Jogging (running) I Also love Ballroom Dancing (Stictly Has A Lot To Answer For) but everyone thinks they're "Fred Astaire" these days!

Anyhow, My Name : Mostyn; and I'm going to be 64, years young in 2012, (now't but a lad) and hope to be cycling for many years in to the future!

Just off to read more of the interesting threads and topics on this forum!

Happy Cycling.

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Hullo, I'm relatively new to the cycling world, but decided to have a squizz at a bike forum so I can learn a bit more.

Anyway, I'm sair, and I really like cats
rawr.gif

Feb 9, 2012
Visit site
Hi everybody,

I just made an account here. Don't know yet whether I will post a lot or hardly anything, but we'll see.
I'm a great fan of professional cycling for almost 15 years now (it started with the Tour de France, but eventually I discovered that other races are interesting too). I do like to ride the bike myself, but just for fun and personal exercise. Anyway, greetings and I hope to enjoy my stay here.

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone. I retired RDV4ROUBAIX today for obvious reasons, and changed nationalities too.

My name is Giuseppe Magnetico, master wheel builder for Fausto, Gino, Francesco, and Gianni. You have no idea!!!! :D

TRENDING THREADS