• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

What beer ya drinkin'?

Page 24 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
A

Anonymous

brewerjeff said:
Someone I know brought a freshly emptied bourbon barrel back from Kentucky. There was still some bourbon sloshing around. I filled it with 75% Stout and 25% strong keeping ale. Aged for 3 months, now quite delicious. I couldn't begin to describe the many layers of flavor, roast malt, chocolate malt, oak, silky smooth malty sweetness with layer of hop bitterness (oops looks like I began). Only have 2 kegs and I'm not sure what to do with it....?

2jw7ea.jpg

please ignore the Stroh label

SHIP ME ONE!!! Seriously...

A

Anonymous

To BrewerJeff:

I WILL PAY $10 MORE THAN THE HIGHEST BID YOU RECIEVE FROM HJ.

So, since I clearly out-bid Hugh, please go ahead and ship the keg to me.

Nice doin' business with you...

A

Anonymous

what the?!

craig1985 said:
Nah, come to Australia instead. You will be very popular here.

think I can be bought so easily? Seriously (if that's possible) I wish I had enough to "share the love", but alas I don't.... I am touched and moved. Instead I think I'll get some fancy Belgian glassware and charge an outrageous amount for it. Also think I'll get my own wooden barrel and age some of the very strong, very hoppy keeping ale I have in a fermenter now... about 11 hectoliters / 300 gallons.

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
Nada. I'm laying off the sauce for a while. But when I do go back on the sauce, which is only a matter of time, I'm planning on picking up a 6 of some Moretti La Rossa. I love that brew!

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
Ballantine Ale

Just like all of you I could mention some exotic Belgian Ale (my favorite is West malle Tripel) but the best American beer at regular prices is Ballantine Ale. A fairly light (not lite) ale with loads of hoppy character.

A

Anonymous

Life under the bridge must be lonesome, even with tea

Polyarmour said:
Teetotaller here, let's be honest beer tastes like crap. It was only invented to cover up the taste of tainted water supplies.

Fraid to break the news, but "teetotallers" don't live longer. It just seems longer. We should just be grateful that the Sumerians had funky water, and the attendant need to invent beer. All praise to the godess Ninkasi!

Barrus

BANNED
Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Polyarmour said:
Teetotaller here, let's be honest beer tastes like crap. It was only invented to cover up the taste of tainted water supplies.

Well, I agree with you on the beer tasting like crap aspect, not really on the teetotaller aspect ;)

I think I'll drink this, this evening again

miyagi12.jpg

A

Anonymous

not the first, and not the last

9s5noo.jpg

At the Great Taste of the Midwest beer festival ... Alpha King by 3 Floyds 6% abv, 66 IBUs (international bittering units) that is quite hoppy.... The sampling glasses this year were about 9 oz / .266 l. Too big for sampling 600 beers in 5 hours. Way too big.

A

Anonymous

brewerjeff said:
9s5noo.jpg

At the Great Taste of the Midwest beer festival ... Alpha King by 3 Floyds 6% abv, 66 IBUs (international bittering units) that is quite hoppy.... The sampling glasses this year were about 9 oz / .266 l. Too big for sampling 600 beers in 5 hours. Way too big.

Oh, man.

Oh, man.

I'm so in...

A

Anonymous

Getting Ready for the Public

2cnblo3.jpg

a couple of dedicated brewers having the pre-fest Bloody Mary A little truck drives around dispensing them.

Latest posts