• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

What beer ya drinkin'?

Page 25 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
A

Anonymous

an explaination may be necessary....

rkx16g.jpg

Cumberland Brews of Louisville Kentucky.... you put your tasting glass over the thing and its squirts rinse water up... Craft Brewers are a clever lot.

A

Anonymous

last one for now... work calls

2zyvdzc.jpg

From Bells of Michigan. A wild fermentation raspberry beer, like a lambic. Tart, a bit of sweet, loads of fruit and what a color.

A

Anonymous

If only it was that simple...

Hugh Januss said:
Hey Scott, let's go to that next beer uhm I mean year. We can stay at Jeff's house.:D

they only sell about 7,000 tickets, and they sell out in just a few minutes

1zx46r7.jpg

An interesting brewer.... a sign that they are getting bored maybe... peanut better chocolate stout? I tried a different peanut butter stout that was tasty.

2zs8twn.jpg

I don't remember...

A

Anonymous

still before the fest has begun..

b4u8me.jpg

There is a saying, "Never trust a skinny brewer."

A

Anonymous

Hugh Januss said:
Hey Scott, let's go to that next beer uhm I mean year. We can stay at Jeff's house.:D

When my wife and I were in Belgium in April we went to 9th Annual Ronde de la Cervoise. There were seven stops for seven Walloon brewers (Crayat, St Benoit, Gauloise, Maredsous, Caracole, Leffe and Cuvee Li Crochon). Each stop had an oompa-loompa band playing and locals serving their pride & joy. We got plowed. :D

I'm pretty sure I spoke better French after a few of those beers...

Yes, beer festivals are good times.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

A

Anonymous

its all real

inexplicibly I would find myself drawn to the real ale tent again and again

2mcu815.jpg

Aug 16, 2009
Visit site
I just got back from a work trip to Hawaii. Maui Brewing, Big Swell IPA. What a mouth-full of hopps, quite good.

Early July we were in Belgum (first le tour stages) and spent a few days in Brugge. Brugge Zot became probably my favorite beer ever, but I think a lot had to do with fresheness of drinking it at the brewery.

Oh, the wife brought home some Trader Joes Vienna Lager - time to make bread, I won't put another one of those in my mouth liquid.

Aug 16, 2009
Visit site
Polyarmour said:
Teetotaller here, let's be honest beer tastes like crap. It was only invented to cover up the taste of tainted water supplies.

In that case, all the water that I've ever tasted has been tainted, because hops and malt would have improved the taste. Some water I've had (LA for example) would have been a waste of good hops and malt.

Off-topic, the worst brewing water (very-high minerals) appears to me to make the best espresso. I think that explains poor beer but great coffee in Rome. I haven't figured Portland out yet - Stumptown may have just figures out how to roast beans for low-mineral water...

BTW Jeff, watch out. You may just have a goup of us come looking for you.

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
This thread is almost as good as babes on bikes.

Beer is good food. American lagers of the late 20th century were not beer - they were fermented rice. (Technically, I suppose that's not true, but otherwise they are a horrid exception to the "Beer is good food" line).

I've been known to brew a few gallons myself -even won 2nd at the county fair one year. Haven't lately, there are so many wonderful brews available!

A

Anonymous

Imagine... a Babe with a Beer on a Bike...

hiero2 said:
This thread is almost as good as babes on bikes.
!

axlao5.jpg

until then, my most recent beer. A Pale Ale., about 60-70 IBUs, Centennial bittering hops, some Cascade, think Sierra Nevada. Dry hopped with Cascade. Lots of malt, about 6% ABV. Easy to drink too much.

here's another shot of the sample pitcher at a recent BrewFest
14lh7p.jpg

A

Anonymous

GreggGermer said:
Triple Karmeliet or Ename Blond are the beers of choice at the moment ... but then again I am pressed for choice being in Belgium ... it's a serious problem :p

... in Belgium beer is not a beverage. It is a way of life.

A

Anonymous

GreggGermer said:
Triple Karmeliet or Ename Blond are the beers of choice at the moment ... but then again I am pressed for choice being in Belgium ... it's a serious problem :p

Belgian beer is a problem for me too.

Not that I shall do anything about it.

Except continue to give in.

A

Anonymous

Scott SoCal said:
Yes... and for some Americans too.

BoB master... where is the Babe on a Bike with a Beer pic? Check your archives such a magical combo must exist...

A

Anonymous

brewerjeff said:
BoB master... where is the Babe on a Bike with a Beer pic? Check your archives such a magical combo must exist...

There are a few on the BoB thread. I'm under strict orders to only post hotties there.

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Polyarmour said:
Teetotaller here, let's be honest beer tastes like crap. It was only invented to cover up the taste of tainted water supplies.
I seem to recall they found an old brewery in a recent archeological dig. Dated it circa 5000 BC.

Give me that tainted water!

You know, the next thing down the list, after women and beer, is chilis. Peppers, but spice, too, I suppose. But chilis produce endorphins, you know. Women get the testosterone flowing - au natural, chilis give me endorphins to kill the pain, and beer? Well, beer is good food. (Sheesh, how did I get myself back there again?)

Now I've got to join teetotaller tho, or sometime in the near future. It is past time to get that waistline back under control. <sigh>