• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

What beer ya drinkin'?

Page 59 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 16, 2016
Visit site
^ you misspelled it.
https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/16043/84897/
I was in the big city Friday and enjoyed some ode to citra.
http://beermebc.com/2014/12/17/powell-street-brewery-ode-to-citra-pale-ale/

An American pulled up to the bar beside me, he was escaping the craziness of the US to go camping. Interesting conversation. After 4 or 5 I moved on to drink some bitter in a local brewpub, talking to the guy next to me at the bar, an American boomer ex pat. Plenty more interesting conversation. A Uni. prof. joined in so it got more interesting. After 4 or 5 of those it was off to tapas and wine. Typical visit to the big city.

this is on the menu atm:
https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/2385/5991/

it's ok, solid stout.

I also had a tripel karmeliet the other day. This local brew very much is a take off:
http://beermebc.com/2016/05/23/red-truck-beer-co-golden-ale/

The tripel karmeliet has a lactic yeasty undertone that is lacking in the golden ale. More earthy or cleaner but they are two peas in a Mendel pod.

Apr 16, 2016
Visit site
You would really enjoy the hipster bars up here in the backwoods. Do you have any idea what you're talking about or are you just guided by old, stereotypical (manifest destiny/puritan) voices? You da man aphro., I bow to your supremacy.

If I didn't know what I were talking about you wouldn't have an obsession to cuddle. This is a thread about beer people like, not your sad compulsion to communicate with me. Nothing to do with being the man. Maybe the next go on the wheel you'll get over yourself and shed a little baggage. Probably not.

IMHO, citras atr bo-ring. But that's me.

Apr 16, 2016
Visit site
The Citra hit the spot at that moment. I had a whole menu to select from but i wanted something sour. I tried a taster of a local sour but it had too much of a yeasty/saison aftertaste. the citra was nice and clean with just a hint of grapefruit and no over the top pot/flower flavour.

As for the rest, you're just a typical a$$hole. In fact you give me the creeps and my instincts are pretty good on this. Enjoy your status Mr. PHd.

Not instincts, more rustic slave logic. I am an a$$hole sometimes (and it has nothing to do with credentials) no doubt, but you're the neurotic creep seething with insecurity as the above post indicates. Alienation is not rife with profound meaning; it just means you're alienated. You don't get that either. Who logs in to post after I do? It isn't me.

Get clear on this: you may be the weird cultured guy where you are, but nothing you have ever said or will say is news to me. That's not the case for lots of people but it is with you. I dare you to summon the willpower to get through life knowing that no matter what you say, I won't communicate with you. Because you are that icky and have serious boundary problems.

JW Lees 2015 barleywine aged in sherry barrels.

Apr 16, 2016
Visit site
Yes instincts. The only class (term) I ever failed was in gr.9 with a student teacher. He was a creep with the girls and I detested him. He was later accused of molesting girls in his class, it made the papers. Ironically he was my probation officer (nothing to read in really, I had to check in once over nothing but an accusation). So there he was, and there I was and he could relate over "a nuke dropped in your life". He was creepy though. You are creepy.

Believe it or not I was in advanced studies all through school. We were doing 1st yr. Uni. equivalents in gr. 12. Then my world burned down in a big way, more than once. You think you're tough, you're just an abstract creep. Juggle clown, juggle.

http://beermebc.com/2016/11/05/ravens-brewing-co-wing-barrel-aged-peach-saison/

Apr 16, 2016
Visit site
Re:

aphronesis said:
Not instincts, more rustic slave logic. I am an a$$hole sometimes (and it has nothing to do with credentials) no doubt, but you're the neurotic creep seething with insecurity as the above post indicates. Alienation is not rife with profound meaning; it just means you're alienated. You don't get that either. Who logs in to post after I do? It isn't me.

Get clear on this: you may be the weird cultured guy where you are, but nothing you have ever said or will say is news to me. That's not the case for lots of people but it is with you. I dare you to summon the willpower to get through life knowing that no matter what you say, I won't communicate with you. Because you are that icky and have serious boundary problems.

JW Lees 2015 barleywine aged in sherry barrels.

Are you sure about that?

Is the irony lost on you master baits? What a creep. Kick me in the head some more. My masochism needs sating.

http://beermebc.com/2016/06/20/10-sessionable-bc-craft-beers-to-quench-your-summer-thirst/

Evil Twin/Westbrook, Imperial Mexican Biscotti Cake Break. Imperial Stout brewed with coffee, cinnamon, almonds,cocoa nibs, vanilla and added habaneros. 10.5%

This is a collaboration of ET's IBiscotti and Westbrook's cake. I've been eating ghost peppers so may not be a great judge, but as just released this is still a bit oily and alcoholic, nose has all the components and some blackstrap and then the breads take over with the coffee and vanilla floating to either side. Peppers are mellow, but lasting. If this shows up on tap near anyone in a year, it will be great.

And Omnipollo , Yellow Belly "a peanut butter, biscuit stout with no biscuits, butter or nuts." 11%

All that head, pour, lacing rehearsal isn't really valid anymore unless one extrapolates it to the style and how it matters.

Nose is butterscotch; taste goes in as peanut butter cookie (homemade and store trash) and it moves to darker chocolat finished with more pb and plum jam.

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Had a Caulier 28 Imperial Stout yesterday evening.

More evidence of the US beer scene influencing Belgian brewers, which I talked about upthread. Stouts are already somewhat of a rare sight in Belgium, though there is some native tradition of brewing them, but this is only the second time I was able to get my hands on an imperial stout. I was very surprised, and pleasantly so, to find an imperials stout, brewed by a brewer from Brussels, in my local supermarket the other day!

It was a very unique taste for me, but that might be due to my inexperience with Imperial Stouts. Despite the 12% alcohol, the taste actually wasn't too heavy and the alcohol wasn't really present in the taste. It was brewed with coffee and chipotle chilies. The coffee complements the roasted taste that stouts have of themselves quite well. I've also drank stouts with coffee before where the coffee taste was too strong and it just felt kind of gimmicky, but Caulier fortunately steered clear of that mistake. The chili adds a very unique flavour, after a good sip and stirring it around in your mouth for a while, you could actually feel a little bit of burning in your mouth as if you ate something spicy. Overall they did a good job combining these strong and unique flavours in a way that they complement each other well as as to create a subtle and complex taste.. Never drank anything like this before but hopefully I will be drinking it again!

An Imperial Stout brewed with coffee and chilies really sounds like some crazy experimental thing from US craft breweries in my ears, but having drunk it, I'm happy to see Belgian brewers take on this type of thing! :)

Scharenbecca Kriek, Hansenns, 6%. Oak aged with schaerbeek cherries

Extreme sours are great but apparently not for the general public. A friend in London took a big hit when he got ahead of his crowd and ran lambics on all 12 taps. Beer freaks all made pilgrimages; everyone else went to other pubs.. Hansenns don't brew, they blend lambics/guezes from various regional brewers. As a result their stuff tends not to be agressive and this is highly drinkable. The oak suspends the cherries from the nose on through the palate until the sour bite closes around it. Tart and full of fruit, but not all sweet.

I feel like Trappist today.

cE5lPv3.jpg

Omnipollo and Buxton, "Yellowfuckingbelly" (described upthread)

Plumtastic Grand Cru, Sour blend of one and three year old barrel aged on Italian plums) full plum nose, rich fruit, smoke and mild syrup going down. The amped up version of beer brugna.

"Tony Vecchio" Imperial stout blended from bourbon barrels and inoculated wine barrels, nine month aging.

Omnipollo/Dugges "BBA Anagram", Blueberry cheesecake stout aged in heaven hill bourbon barrels, 14.5%. A tart, tang of lactic bread (cheese) comes through n the nose, with the body being straightforward bourbony stout and the essence of berry sweet/sour bitter on the finish.

24 hours of solid rain, so Pipeworks, Cherry Truffle Abduction, Imperial Stout with cherries cacoa nib and vanilla, 10.5%.

Unlike some flavor added cherry stouts that produce a sweet cherry forward taste followed by a watery stout, this one has it all in the backbone so the cacao and dark cherry expand in the roast to make for a chewier beer. The vanilla works this transition while also bringing out nuttier dry stout flashes. Not too pricey either for those who are budget minded.

And in cans, Evil Twin/Omnipollo Lemonade IPA 7%. Fun for the suckas when the heat comes back.

TRENDING THREADS