• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

What beer ya drinkin'?

Page 20 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Sharp, clear and wonderfully light for a Tripel. One of Brugge's best.

Just had one cold now and it goes down far too easy for such a complex brew! :)

Straffe Hendrik Tripel from De Halve Maan (9% ABV):

DSCN3884.JPG

A

Anonymous

L'arriviste said:
Sharp, clear and wonderfully light for a Tripel. One of Brugge's best.

Just had one cold now and it goes down far too easy for such a complex brew! :)

Straffe Hendrik Tripel from De Halve Maan (9% ABV):

DSCN3884.JPG

Brugse Zot is quite nice too. The brewery tour at De Halve Mann is pretty interesting.

A

Anonymous

L'arriviste said:
I found it a bit thin actually, but I had it on draught from a place in Brugge so it could have been down to the 'conditions'. :)

It does seem as if most Belgian beer is better from the bottle. Zot does not have the bite that Straffe has, but when I can find it, I'll buy it.

A

Anonymous

How did we get from this;

duvel2-399x266.jpg

to this?

logo.png

This thread has gone off a cliff :D

icebreaker said:
This gives me something to look forward to when summer holidays come around - July == Torpedo!

Is this as hoppy as many of the American micro brew IPAs lately have been?

If you get a chance, look for Uinta Brewing Company's Cutthroat Pale Ale. Utah microbreweries also do a lot of good IPAs (they call them UPAs) but Cutthroat is the king of their pales.

Since 2002, it's garnered two golds, a silver, and a bronze at the World Beer Cup, with the latest award being a gold in 2008.

Uinta_productImg_Cutthroat.jpg

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
Scott SoCal said:
How did we get from this;

duvel2-399x266.jpg

to this?

logo.png

This thread has gone off a cliff :D
Irony, son, irony...lol

EDIT: I would like to submit my credentials...my very first beer ever was a Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale when I was 13...given to me by my 20yr old sister.

I live in severe rural America...I can get Widmer Hefeweizen or Pabst...sometimes an unfiltered wheat doesn't hit the spot.

I normally drink microbrews (Portland IS just 30 miles from here), but at the short-track dirt oval here, you can have Pabst or...um...Pabst...and at Billiard's (the local bar), you have a wider selection, but Pabst is STILL the number one seller...

I was just communing with my salt-of-the-earth brethren!

C'mon over and I'll fete you with REAL microbrews!

A

Anonymous

OK. Something different. Ommegang is owned by the Mortgaat family (that is responsible for Duvel and Maredsous, among others).

Ommegang. Three Philosophers, a Belgian style Quadruppel blended with Kriek (cherry) beer. Be sure not to drink it too cold and remember, it's 9.8% ABV :)

ommegang%2520three%2520philosophers%2520ale.jpg

A very deliberate and smooth pouring beverage with an intensely dark brown (almost black) colored beverage with a tan, thick, frothy head, the immediate response before even coming near the glass is the intense exploding cherry cordial smell that fills the room. The aroma of cherry cordials continues subtly on the palate while chocolate, malt, raisin and caramel show more presence in the finish.

TRENDING THREADS