• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

What did you get in the post today...

A

Anonymous

Thread we have on another forum i frequent... so lets have one here...

today we received....
copies of the last 6 months payslips for me
a book about cats with pretty pictures of cats around the world
some cod liver oil (for one of the cats)
and some pedals and clips for the wife so her feet dont slip off in the wet (we are saving moving her to spd's for next year, shes scared of them)

A

Anonymous

Campaign literature for local candidates for next week's elections

An offer for my wife from Wachovia for a Visa

A note from a paving company that says they will be paving the street in front of my house sometime during the next 5 days, and that if I park on the street, I will be towed and have to pay the towing expenses.

A

Anonymous

scribe said:
Actually, I am still waiting. I am expecting an assortment of cycling socks today and probably some grown up mail.

this is the what did you get thread.. not the what are you expecting thread...
with the state of the post in the uk i am waiting on all sorts but wether or not i will get any of it is another matter...

The local free newspaper has just arrived.. so if anyone wants to attend a coffee morning in whipton on tuesday, cakes from 20p, and coffee 30p, or needs a walnut coffee table, as new, with some slight scratches (could delivery locally), then i know who to ask...

Thoughtforfood said:
Campaign literature for local candidates for next week's elections

An offer for my wife from Wachovia for a Visa

A note from a paving company that says they will be paving the street in front of my house sometime during the next 5 days, and that if I park on the street, I will be towed and have to pay the towing expenses.

Lie down in the road, when they ask just say you are parked there for the day.

In todays post was absolutely nothing as the postman never turned up.

A

Anonymous

usedtobefast said:
but they always ring twice.

you reckon...?

no they dont, they write a card out before they even get to your house saying you where out, leave the parcel in the van, and chuck the card through your door telling you have to wait 3 days before you can go to the sorting office to collect your post..

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
Anyone remember the NYC postal carrier who went down to the East River every few days to dump his mail in the water rather than delivering to his route?

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
I got another Betus.com booklet. Daggone, several years ago I tried to order a football hooligan vhs tape. They sent me notice that it was out of stock.Since then, I get a Betus.com booklet every couple of weeks.

Yesterday I got my notice they are repaving my street. But that was yesterday... and yesterday's gone.

A

Anonymous

knewcleardaze said:
Yesterday I got my notice they are repaving my street. But that was yesterday... and yesterday's gone.

hang on.. do you live on the same road as TFF?

A

Anonymous

knewcleardaze said:
That I don't. But from what I've read on here, he'd probably be a good neighbor. Some of my neighbors, how can I put this gently... seem a bit odd.

youre saying TFF isnt odd...? Are you trying to upset him :D

Meanwhile, im not expecting any post tommoro, i think they are on strike again.. then again, knowing some of my family the first christmas card could arrive..

A

Anonymous

knewcleardaze said:
I got another Betus.com booklet. Daggone, several years ago I tried to order a football hooligan vhs tape. They sent me notice that it was out of stock.Since then, I get a Betus.com booklet every couple of weeks.

Okay, you are freaking FUNNY!

dimspace said:
you reckon...?

no they dont, they write a card out before they even get to your house saying you where out, leave the parcel in the van, and chuck the card through your door telling you have to wait 3 days before you can go to the sorting office to collect your post..

many years ago i shipped a Rickenbacker 12-string guitar to a repair guy who
also happens to be a friend of mine. the ups guy left it at the wrong house.
never saw it again. it was insured, but i would rather have the guitar.
usps is fairly reliable here. they make sure you get all the store ads.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Today I received bank statements and, more importantly, WCP DVDs (2009 Classics, 2009 Giro, Lemond DVDs - not the 2009 TdF, too boring) for training through the Canadian winter, Breaking Away DVD, and Brooks bar tape for my fixie. I am content!

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
elapid said:
Today I received bank statements and, more importantly, WCP DVDs (2009 Classics, 2009 Giro, Lemond DVDs - not the 2009 TdF, too boring) for training through the Canadian winter, Breaking Away DVD, and Brooks bar tape for my fixie. I am content!

Looks like your postman is masquerading as Santa!
Or would that be Santa masquerading as the postman?:cool:

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
usedtobefast said:
many years ago i shipped a Rickenbacker 12-string guitar to a repair guy who
also happens to be a friend of mine. the ups guy left it at the wrong house.
never saw it again. it was insured, but i would rather have the guitar.
usps is fairly reliable here. they make sure you get all the store ads.

Remember that old commercial of an Eskimo getting a fan delivered to his igloo? He opened it and used it, commercial message was that it was legal to keep mis-delivered items.

Post for the second time this week, and bookending to Monday and Friday.

Well it is good except its not my post! Its for my mother. A sample from a well known cosmetic brand, at least its free. Plus a letter from a cancer charity probably asking for donations, no its not LAF/Livestrong, that used to come out of my salary each month.

We get very little actual mail (most business is handled by e-mail). Yesterday I totally forgot to look in the mail box, and this morning I found a catalog (already in the trash can) and an invitation from the bank to a forum on the "changing economic situation."

Today was another small catalog. I remembered to check the box because the mailman's noise woke up the cat who was sleeping on my lap.

Susan

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Susan Westemeyer said:
We get very little actual mail (most business is handled by e-mail). Yesterday I totally forgot to look in the mail box, and this morning I found a catalog (already in the trash can) and an invitation from the bank to a forum on the "changing economic situation."

Today was another small catalog. I remembered to check the box because the mailman's noise woke up the cat who was sleeping on my lap.

Susan

We used to have a cat and from what I remember, she did not like being woken up.

TRENDING THREADS