• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

What has happened to the forum????

Page 22 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Ten URLs is an improvement, but what is tge maximum amount the forum provider actually go up will go up to. For example it may be 20 or 40. The Race Design Thread libraries would need a lot more than ten if Libertine will do it this way now we know that a single post view is being tinkered with.

Also what is a "postid".

Re:

the sceptic said:
who could have guessed that banning all the good posters while letting bots troll and downgrading the forum to something from the 90s would make the forum look like a ghost town?
I think you are the only person who would leave to protest Hog's ban, and as the above post proves, you are actually still here.

Re:

lemon cheese cake said:
Ten URLs is an improvement, but what is tge maximum amount the forum provider actually go up will go up to. For example it may be 20 or 40. The Race Design Thread libraries would need a lot more than ten if Libertine will do it this way now we know that a single post view is being tinkered with.

Also what is a "postid".
why not just unlimited URLs - I doubt anyone will put 5000 URLs in a post :confused:

sam

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
Re:

Netserk said:
Imo getting old links to redirect to the new post/thread url would be really great.

Would that be:
Impossible?
Difficult?
Manageable?

Threads should redirect as they have the same ID's

Post's not sure would have to look but that seem like it will not be possible

sam said:
Netserk said:
Imo getting old links to redirect to the new post/thread url would be really great.

Would that be:
Impossible?
Difficult?
Manageable?

Yeah threads redirect, but not with the page.

http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showthread.php?t=27882&page=2 redirects to http://forum.cyclingnews.com/viewtopic.php?t=27882 as an example. Imo this is good as it is and doesn't need to change.

Now I don't know anything about the technical aspect of it, but wouldn't you still have all the old postIDs? I would really, really wish it'd somehow be possible to get them to redirect to the new urls.

Cheers.

sam

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
Re:

Netserk said:
sam said:
Netserk said:

Would that be:
Impossible?
Difficult?
Manageable?

Yeah threads redirect, but not with the page.

http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showthread.php?t=27882&page=2 redirects to http://forum.cyclingnews.com/viewtopic.php?t=27882 as an example. Imo this is good as it is and doesn't need to change.

Now I don't know anything about the technical aspect of it, but wouldn't you still have all the old postIDs? I would really, really wish it'd somehow be possible to get them to redirect to the new urls.

Cheers.

1. Redirects updated to allow page redirection
2. We don't have a way of "converting them" from Old >> New

Sam, your help is much appreciated. I hope you can solve some of the issues that is troubling those users who have been around here much longer than I have been.

Pete, get well quickly, not good to hear you are sick. Your help will also be appreciated when you can get into work.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
:mad: :mad: :mad: Arrgggg... annoys me more & more

How TF do I pm when I dont know the full name? For example I search myself as "Foxxy"; the search shows... Z.I.L.C.H. What a improvement this new forum is. Thank you sooo much. Man I am pissed. Really...

:mad: :mad:

So as suspected all old friends and lists are nuked. :(

also, when I visit a thread it takes me to the top instead of to last post..this has probably been mentioned a few times upthread but it takes so long to navigate I'm not going to look.

and in between clicking on new posts then I have to go back to index before I can click on new posts again..
not a real hardship but things just don't go smoothly anymore.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
I kept seeing all kinds of people with signatures, which led me to wonder why mine had disappeared, even though it was there according to my profile. So, I have now edited it with an exclamation mark, and wait with baited breath to see what happens after I press submit.....

...and bingo, no signature. Any ideas why my sig won't post? :(

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
mewmewmew13 said:
So as suspected all old friends and lists are nuked. :(

also, when I visit a thread it takes me to the top instead of to last post..this has probably been mentioned a few times upthread but it takes so long to navigate I'm not going to look.

and in between clicking on new posts then I have to go back to index before I can click on new posts again..
not a real hardship but things just don't go smoothly anymore.

Just click on the number of posts on the thread you wanna go... brings you directly to the last post. That´s nice. 1 step forward, after having been nuked 2 million steps backwards into stone age. :eek:

Re:

Amsterhammer said:
I kept seeing all kinds of people with signatures, which led me to wonder why mine had disappeared, even though it was there according to my profile. So, I have now edited it with an exclamation mark, and wait with baited breath to see what happens after I press submit.....

...and bingo, no signature. Any ideas why my sig won't post? :(
Go to Edit profile. Then Board Prefrences. click on Edit display options. Its somewhere in that place.

Pete

Administrator
Feb 26, 2015
Visit site
Amsterhammer, I just checked your preferences and you have still got "Attach my signature by default" set to "No".

If you click the "Edit Profile" link under the navigation / banner ad when logged in, go to the "Board Preferences" tab, and then choose "Edit posting options" on the left.

See below.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-04-13 at 09.56.23.png
    Screen Shot 2015-04-13 at 09.56.23.png
    103.2 KB · Views: 960
Re: Re:

BigMac said:
Jspear said:
Is there a way to make it so links open up in another tab instead of taking over the current tab I have open?

Right click link, open in new tab.

or

Place mouse above link, click middle (scroll) mouse button.

But that is so hard. :p
Yes I can do that, but the old feature was kinda nice. I'm not a tech dude, but it seems like that is something they could change??

Pete

Administrator
Feb 26, 2015
Visit site
Links included in posts using the [ url ] tags will open in another tab / window, though this may not be the case for posts made before (or very soon after) we changed forum platforms.

Re:

Pete said:
Links included in posts using the [ url ] tags will open in another tab / window, though this may not be the case for posts made before (or very soon after) we changed forum platforms.

Here is a post from the Wiggins thread. This link doesn't open in a different tap for me.

DBotero said:
Wiggins chose the date and the location for the Hour Record attempt:London's 2012 Olympic velodrome, Lee Valley VeloPark on June 7
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/wiggins ... -on-june-7