• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

What tactic does Cancellara use now?

Page 11 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
A

Anonymous

thehog said:
Canc's attacks remind me of the 40 year old guy who leaves his wife to chase 21 year old girls.

The idea is great in concept and sound in theory but when implemented it looks ridiculous and rarely succeeds.

You stay up all night thinking up that one?

Stick to prognostication. As bad as it is it is better than your stand-up.:)

A

Anonymous

thehog said:
The knife cuts deep..... :rolleyes:

I've already made you look foolish and you had say sorry. Lets not go there again.

I think you have that wrong. Admittedly, I missed the Riis part. But your FC tactical genius is anything but.

As bad as your stand up is your tactical acumen is worse.:)

A

Anonymous

mr. tibbs said:
Ugh. Internet forums. :( Scott was making a friendly joke.

But I liked your Cancellara joke, too. :)

The Hog is very srious. No joking allowed, unless it's Hog making it. Those are the rules.

It's Hogs world, we just post here.

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
Boonen's recent form, strong team, and ability to produce a sprint and make the race hard further complicates things for Fabs.

However, one could argue that Boonens status as the favorite for RDV and PR nuetralizes the fact that Canc's team is weak. OPQS will control the race and canc can follow wheels for a change.

This next week will be great for sure.

Scott SoCal said:
The Hog is very srious. No joking allowed, unless it's Hog making it. Those are the rules.

It's Hogs world, we just post here.

I take my cycling very seriously. I expect thoese around me to take it seriously as well.

Horseplay & cycling don't mix. Tomfoolery should have no part on these forums.

If you want to mess about and play the forum clown go to the VeloNews discussions.

Now go to room and have a good think about what I just said. And don't come back until you're ready to act your age.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
thehog said:
I take my cycling very seriously. I expect thoese around me to take it seriously as well.

If you want to mess about and play the forum clown go to the VeloNews discussions.

Now go to room and have a good think about what I just said. And don't come back until you're ready to act your age.

You mean because it's grown men in lycra with shaved legs riding $10,000 kids toys, there's nothing even remotely funny about the sport? Good luck with that. Do you also think that sex should only be for procreation?

thehog said:

Nothing wrong with a bit of lighthearted humor. If you think that this forum should be all serious business then, as I've suggested to many before you, apply for a admin/moderator position and then try to enforce your "No Tomfoolery" doctrine. Good luck with that.

Edit: I hope your post was in jest otherwise I find it a bit disturbing and troubling.

A

Anonymous

thehog said:

Mmmkay. If true, then learn some about the sport. It will take you far.

Horseplay & cycling don't mix.

Sure they do, unless the sense of humor is missing.

Now go to room and have a good think about what I just said. And don't come back until you're ready to act your age

The day I think too much about what you have to say is the day I go to my room and never return.

Scott SoCal said:
Mmmkay. If true, then learn some about the sport. It will take you far.

Sure they do, unless the sense of humor is missing.

The day I think too much about what you have to say is the day I go to my room and never return.

I reckon Canc is running a little scared for Flanders. He hasn't been his usual cocky self.

It will be a big test this weekend to take on QS. If Boonen wins would mean Fabs is still stuck on one victory and Boonen would have 4?

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
thehog said:
I reckon Canc is running a little scared for Flanders. He hasn't been his usual cocky self.

It will be a big test this weekend to take on QS. If Boonen wins would mean Fabs is still stuck on one victory and Boonen would have 4?

Boonen has won the Ronde twice, and P-R three times. Cancellara, Ronde 1, P-R 2. No one has won Flanders four times, although there are a few riders who've racked up three victories there (Museeuw, Leman, Magni). Devolder won it twice, but since he won it when he was on Boonen's team in races where everyone was marking Boonen, I don't think anyone gives him much of a chance of winning it again.

Not to be a total Richardhead about it, but if you really do take your "cycling very seriously," this seems like pretty basic knowledge.

Wallace said:
Boonen has won the Ronde twice, and P-R three times. Cancellara, Ronde 1, P-R 2. No one has won Flanders four times, although there are a few riders who've racked up three victories there (Museeuw, Leman, Magni). Devolder won it twice, but since he won it when he was on Boonen's team in races where everyone was marking Boonen, I don't think anyone gives him much of a chance of winning it again.

Not to be a total Richardhead about it, but if you really do take your "cycling very seriously," this seems like pretty basic knowledge.

I think he means for the season, not for Flanders.

raddone said:
The problem is not the tactic, it's the team. He needs a team. In 2010 he had a great team. 2011 and this year he has a below average one.

Today was evident of this. I'm looking forward to finding out the full details on what happened.

I feel for him and I'm sure he'll be heading back to Saxo for 2013. A guy this good can't end his career with only one Flanders.

cineteq said:
LOL!!! Wasn't you the one who said this:
You're so full of...yourself...contradictions...fill_the_blank

Its only after the event can a full assessment be made. I'm also looking forward to hearing what Cancellara has to say about the incident.

Stop being picky and argue you the point. It makes you look stupid.

I don't agree with the Hog at all about the crash, but I do agree that it's sad to see Cancellara's talents wasted by his team year after year. Especially for what? The Schlecks don't even win the races where they use him as their train engine. I really don't see what Cancellara got out of the Leopard move.

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
spalco said:
I really don't see what Cancellara got out of the Leopard move.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

But yeah it absolutely sucks he has to drag around the pathetic Schlecks around (when they decide to race and not get drunk or ride round carparks that is).
It also sucks that he broke his collarbone. If he'd have been on a proper team things might have been more interesting this season.

happychappy said:
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

But yeah it absolutely sucks he has to drag around the pathetic Schlecks around (when they decide to race and not get drunk or ride round carparks that is).
It also sucks that he broke his collarbone. If he'd have been on a proper team things might have been more interesting this season.

I think the move to Leopard gave him the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

That's the last thing he needs - what he needs most his a team and DS who has Classics blood coursing through his vains.

Bruyneel is hardly the right guy for this situation.