• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

what will be the top 10 in the vuelta

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

iZnoGouD

BANNED
Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Zam_Olyas said:
1. Froome
2. The returning one
3. Anton
4. Gesink
5. Purito
6. Thomas De Gendt
7. Cobo
8.Henao
9. Dami.
10. Tiago The Amazing Machado :D
happy-oh-stop-it-you-l.png

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Cobo is an amazing owner of an exact climber pedigree. Alberto, Andy and then Juanjo who is somewhere on the way to them. He should be loved for that. :D

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
jscteam said:
how do you think the top 10 will shape up in the vuelta

i personally think it will be something along the line of :

1 contador ( return of the king nuff said)
2 uran (best of the rest only one who can follow contador in the mountains)
3 gesink (yeah i said it i wont lose hope gesink will rise)
4 J.rodriguez ( i dont believe the hype he will not win)
5 schleck ( he is banged up other wise he would be second)
6 quintana (good **** too early he will have good and bad days)
7 kreuziger ( he will challenge but always has a bad day)
8 anton ( same as kreuziger hope euskatel wont lose too much time in TTT)
9 capecchi ( my suprise pick if he is aloud too right for him self why not)
10mollema (mollema well let everybody se it wasnt a fluck last year)

- froome tired from the tour
- cunego maybe 6 years ago :p
- pinot cant possibly ride 2 top 10 at 22 can he?
- de gendt wont ride for the win

so what do you guys think

Pfff... Uran, "best of the rest"?? Where the phuck do you get that from?

Gesink podium? Hell no.

Froome wasn't even trying at the Tour.

Cobo will be at least top 5.

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
i think uran will out shine froome wait and see how long ago was it that somebody rode good in the tours only one i can remember is contador and he is a special rider and gesink will rise too the challenge wait enad see and cobo i dont know he hasnt shown me nothing this year so we should he top 5 this vuelta he hasnt been riding good he is a bum

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
jscteam said:
i think uran will out shine froome wait and see how long ago was it that somebody rode good in the tours only one i can remember is contador and he is a special rider and gesink will rise too the challenge wait enad see and cobo i dont know he hasnt shown me nothing this year so we should he top 5 this vuelta he hasnt been riding good he is a bum

Uran is in a good form if the olympics & tour of poland are any indication.
Gesink will like the parcours certainly, and Cobo was looking strong in the last week of the tour, riding with VALVERDE in the Mtns.

jscteam said:
so because he rides good 2 mountain stages and the rest of the tour **** he is a favorite for the vuelta pffff

The argument is that his focus being the Vuelta, his gaining form in the Tour's 3rd week bodes well for his prospects in his targeted event. Had he been climbing with the elite throughout the Tour the complaint would be that he peaked too soon and wouldn't be able to carry his form through the Vuelta.
Everyone recognizes he is unpredictable due to his supposed fragile psyche but his stepping up and winning last year's Vuelta should've earned him a certain degree of respect.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
1. Contador
2. Froome
3. Rodriguez
4. Anton
5. De Gendt
6. Henao*
7. Uran
8. Cobo
9. Quintana
10. Monfort