• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Whats up with Lim?

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
I hear that Lim is leaving Garmin. Got some big money from The Hog. Guess he wants to work with Frankenstein.

Allen Lim:

All I’ll say is that 6.7 watts per kg at threshold is not physiological or humanly possible, unless you’re a hybrid human horse or a grey hound human dog or another species. I don’t even think Frankenstein could hold 6.7 watts per kg at threshold. Though, I must say that, unlike most artificially manipulated creatures of science, Frankenstein did have a uniquely low carbon footprint as he was made of recycled body parts and was activated with a clean bolt of lightning. But that’s a totally different story.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
craig1985 said:
Is there some sorto f context that quote was taken from? An interview, a blog, or what?

Race Radio needs no source. Most well informed posted who deigns to bother with the hoi polloi and frequent this board.

Just treat him to some Reb Lodster in thanks.

Allen Lim working with the Hog....Paul Kimmage must want to vomit. And in fairness, I don't blame him one bit. No wonder Paul hasn't wrote a cycling article this year, eventhough Garmin had 'that' result with Wiggins. I feel as though I was naive to believe in that team, and Lim is a prime example.
But so many of us believed. David Walsh said to me last year that Garmin were the start of a new clean generation. I believed in them last year. Now, I do not. Allen Lim knows exactly what kind of operation the Hog runs, yet he wants to work in these surroundings. So if Lance produces the 6.7 W/K next year, what will Allen say?

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
Digger said:
Allen Lim working with the Hog....Paul Kimmage must want to vomit. And in fairness, I don't blame him one bit. No wonder Paul hasn't wrote a cycling article this year, eventhough Garmin had 'that' result with Wiggins. I feel as though I was naive to believe in that team, and Lim is a prime example.
But so many of us believed. David Walsh said to me last year that Garmin were the start of a new clean generation. I believed in them last year. Now, I do not. Allen Lim knows exactly what kind of operation the Hog runs, yet he wants to work in these surroundings. So if Lance produces the 6.7 W/K next year, what will Allen say?

That he believes in miracles?

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Armstrong is willing to put up a large amount of money to flick anyone that questions the myth. Taking talent is a good way and it sends a nice message.

Armstrong will win the Tour next year. Lim's Rice cakes are worth at least 1 w/kg

If Lim goes to the Shack he can kiss any credibility he might have had goodbye. Will probably be a good career move though as Ferrari will retire some day and Lim's services will be in demand after working with the master.

frenchfry said:
If Lim goes to the Shack he can kiss any credibility he might have had goodbye. Will probably be a good career move though as Ferrari will retire some day and Lim's services will be in demand after working with the master.

I think some of the credibility drops from Garmin and a few of its riders as well.

Lim was already dodgy with his connection to FLandis. He played stupid about knowing what Floyd was doing. Maybe people can give him the benefit of doubt with regard to Landis. But when he goes from FLandis to a supposedly clean team to The Hog, how can we believe that his time at Garmin was spent cooking rice cakes? It adds further suspicion to Wiggins and Vande Velde's sudden TdF contender status.

If Garmin have been looking at their own riders' blood profiles, it is hard to believe that they were not curious enough to compare them with Armstrong's profile. People on Garmin have to be aware of Armstrong's unexplainable numbers. Lim must know that Armstrong was blood doping during the Tour. That he would go to Retirement Shack knowing this says everything about what type of trainer he really is.

frenchfry said:

Funnily enough, Ferrari's just made that announcement.
2011 and it's retirement alround.
In Shacking up, Lim has gone out on a limb.
Garmin can't be pleased.

frenchfry said:

I've always had a hard time understanding how Lim had ANY credibility after his involvement with Floyd and his comments after the positive.

He's just another mercenary, doing what they do in cycling to make the world go 'round.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Mellow Velo said:
Funnily enough, Ferrari's just made that announcement.
2011 and it's retirement alround.
In Shacking up, Lim has gone out on a limb.
Garmin can't be pleased.

Garmin already tried to explain away VdV and Wiggo's performances, so they never met the smell test. If it was Saunier Duval, and VdV and Wiggo transforming into GT riders, there would only be one conclusion.

Plus they did a good job on spin. Rice cakes, no wheat, Wiggo weight loss, VdV preseason 98 lactate tests, sweat wicking jerseys, aero drag coefficients.

I bought it in '08. But realised something was amiss this year. Gullible I was, but only can fool George W twice, not me.

frenchfry said:

Don't use credibility and Lim in the same sentence. This is the same Alan Lim who stated in a Velocity Nation interview back in the fall that PED's in cycling actually have no effect aside from perhaps a small placebo effect.

Check it out, it's LOL-tacular:

http://velocitynation.com/content/interviews/2009/allen-lim-clean-perspective

Full of all sorts of armchair-psychologist psychobabble and New Age quackery. He'll fit in quite well at The Shack.

BikeCentric said:
Don't use credibility and Lim in the same sentence. This is the same Alan Lim who stated in a Velocity Nation interview back in the fall that PED's in cycling actually have no effect aside from perhaps a small placebo effect.

Check it out, it's LOL-tacular:

http://velocitynation.com/content/interviews/2009/allen-lim-clean-perspective

Full of all sorts of armchair-psychologist psychobabble and New Age quackery. He'll fit in quite well at The Shack.

You beat me to it, thanks for posting this.

Yes, Lim has z-e-r-o credibility. If for no other reason, his comments about PEDs hammers it home. If he really believed that, then why would you even bother being a "clean team" :D

Dec 8, 2009
www.livestrong.com
blackcat said:
Race Radio needs no source. Most well informed posted who deigns to bother with the hoi polloi and frequent this board.

Just treat him to some Reb Lodster in thanks.

Race Radio is just ****ed off that Lim is going to the epic Win team. Leaving those dopes at garmin. They had V.V. and Wiggo (aka McLovin) dopping and Lim could not get them to the next level or the Podium. So Lim decided to leave team "epic Fail" and go to team "epic Win".

Casa de Hombre said:
Race Radio is just ****ed off that Lim is going to the epic Win team. Leaving those dopes at garmin. They had V.V. and Wiggo (aka McLovin) dopping and Lim could not get them to the next level or the Podium. So Lim decided to leave team "epic Fail" and go to team "epic Win".

Sounds like you are admitting that no one can win clean.

TRENDING THREADS