When is the smackdown on Chris Horner?

Page 38 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Oct 21, 2012
1,106
0
0
EnacheV said:
16'44" +25" = 17'09" < 17'16"
Shows how much you know. The record was 17 minutes flat, set in 2010 by Rodriguez.

Also he made his acceleration in the final km. He pulled out 25 seconds on a world class cyclist who is a good 15 years younger than him in about half a kilometre.
 
BroDeal said:
It makes as much sense as a sh!t rider who his own team manager rated as the worse on the team suddenly coming in second at the Vuelta. Actually it makes a lot more sense since Horner could always climb well. He was not paperboying up climbs or holding onto motorcycles to get to the top.
I thought you had just opened a certain Chris squared thread, where posts like that would belong, no?
 

EnacheV

BANNED
Jul 7, 2013
1,441
0
0
Ferminal said:
May want to check Rodriguez 2010.
Was about comparing to Froome/Cobo time

entire GC group today finished faster or very close to Froome/Cobo time

this shows again that Vayer is a little attention ***** :D and climbing times are just statistics for fans
 
Aug 16, 2011
10,820
1
0
I was able to give Horner the benefit of the doubt earlier in the Vuelta. His performances didn't seem that unreal, and I expected sooner or later his age would catch up to him and would lose some time. But after today... 6.7 W/kg, record fastest time, and doing it in the 3rd week of the vuelta at 41 years. Definitely not buying it.
 
What was Horner's actual injury that stopped him racing since March? Obviously his five month absence was crucial to his preparation. Also worth noting that there are some parallels with Quintana who also got better as the Tour went on.
 
Alphabet said:
Shows how much you know. The record was 17 minutes flat, set in 2010 by Rodriguez.

Also he made his acceleration in the final km. He pulled out 25 seconds on a world class cyclist who is a good 15 years younger than him in about half a kilometre.
It's not Horner's fault that Nibali exploded in the last few hundred meters trying to follow
 
Ferminal said:
What was Horner's actual injury that stopped him racing since March? Obviously his five month absence was crucial to his preparation. Also worth noting that there are some parallels with Quintana who also got better as the Tour went on.
Don't drag Quintana, the second most talented climber of his generation (Horner I would say now is a part of his generation) into this :mad:

:p
 
Afrank said:
I was able to give Horner the benefit of the doubt earlier in the Vuelta. His performances didn't seem that unreal, and I expected sooner or later his age would catch up to him and would lose some time. But after today... 6.7 W/kg, record fastest time, and doing it in the 3rd week of the vuelta at 41 years. Definitely not buying it.
He must have somehow cracked the logistics code.
 
Ferminal said:
What was Horner's actual injury that stopped him racing since March? Obviously his five month absence was crucial to his preparation. Also worth noting that there are some parallels with Quintana who also got better as the Tour went on.
Knee injury. I think he may have even had surgery on it in Switzerland.

Edit

midway down

http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/14728/Chris-Horner-interview-US-rider-confirms-hell-miss-Tour-de-France-chasing-form-for-Vuelta-a-Espana.aspx
 
Apr 14, 2010
1,368
0
0
Netserk said:
There's a thread dedicated to Nibali here in the clinic, where his performances can be discussed. This thread is about Horner.
To bring this up in the Nibali thread wouldn't it require talking about Horner there?
 
Alphabet said:
Can people actually wrap their heads around that? 41. Forty one. He's the best part of 20 years older than Thibaut Pinot and he's destroying him.
Escartín is 3 years older than Horner.
Virenque is 2 years older than Horner.
Pantani would be 1 year older than Horner.
Nardello is 1 year younger than Horner.
Ullrich is 2 years younger than Horner.
Heras is 3 years younger than Horner.
Commesso is 4 years younger than Horner.
Mancebo is 5 years younger than Horner.
Evans is 6 years younger than Horner.
 
Netserk said:
There's a thread dedicated to Nibali here in the clinic, where his performances can be discussed. This thread is about Horner.
Keep doing your best to shut down all conversation. God forbid people want to discuss how riders on the stage did and compare the performances to riders' past times on the same climb.
 
Oct 16, 2009
3,864
0
0
Bernie's eyesore said:
If the peloton has gone full genius how on earth can a 41 year old who has never finished top 8 in a Grand Tour before crush everyone like that? Makes no sense whatsoever.
Sure it does. In a sane peloton he would have been dropped years ago. Pro cycling is back to being a freak show and age is no longer a factor. The crazy thing is it's the anglos setting the standard but they're not taking the heat.
 
hrotha said:
Escartín is 3 years older than Horner.
Virenque is 2 years older than Horner.
Pantani would be 1 year older than Horner.
Nardello is 1 year younger than Horner.
Ullrich is 2 years younger than Horner.
Heras is 3 years younger than Horner.
Commesso is 4 years younger than Horner.
Mancebo is 5 years younger than Horner.
Evans is 6 years younger than Horner.
He'd actually be born before any Vuelta winner of the past decade?

Maybe Roberto and Aitor can come back to make a race of it next year.
 
Ferminal said:
He'd actually be born before any Vuelta winner of the past decade?

Maybe Roberto and Aitor can come back to make a race of it next year.
You'd have to go all the way back to 1998 to find a Vuelta winner who is older than Horner. That's 15 years ago.

And that would be Olano, who's only 1 year older.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY