• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

When is the smackdown on Chris Horner?

Page 40 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Orvieto said:
Please do not put Giggsy and Horner in the same image. That's an abomination.

The difference between Giggs and Horner is illustrative, however. Giggs visibly slowed as he aged. He hasn't been able to run through an entire defense or blaze down the wings in a decade. He's changed the way he plays in order to stay competitive. Horner, it seems, is getting faster, more explosive, has better endurance. I know which one I believe in.

and horner beats a bunch of washed out tired pro's after a long season and lost all of his kick and explosive he had earlier in his career not to mention, he's a lot worse in itt too since losing weight over past years. then we have horner getting blown away when he went to europe cleanly in the 90s. I know which one I give the benefit of the doubt for now. football is much more rotten.

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Little Chris Horner
Ripped thru the final corner,
Eating a beet root pie;
He put everyone under his thumb,
And pulled out a plum,
And said 'What a good boy am I

meat puppet said:
some proper cowboying was to be expected after the TDF since all rules were clearly out of the window.

have to agree with this. the last two seasons in GT's it seemed like everyone was afraid to go "too fast" and raise suspicion (mainly the first two GT's of 2011, i remember that point being raised around here back then).

Froome proved at the Tour this year that you can go as fast as you want and get away with it no matter how much you beat Armstrong's times by, and have the majority of the cycling media on your side, to boot.

BroDeal said:
Horner should go for the Giro. Tour routes are never good for someone who cannot time trial well. There is never enough climbing, and the climbs are rather lame compared to the Giro and Vuelta. Plus all the top guys will be targeting the Tour.

Horner should sign for a team with an agreement that he can ride to the Giro.

Horner to Team Scinto! would love to see that, 1-2'ing up the climbs with Santambrogio, fresh off his rescinded ban.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
zlev11 said:
have to agree with this. the last two seasons in GT's it seemed like everyone was afraid to go "too fast" and raise suspicion (mainly the first two GT's of 2011, i remember that point being raised around here back then).

Froome proved at the Tour this year that you can go as fast as you want and get away with it no matter how much you beat Armstrong's times by, and have the majority of the cycling media on your side, to boot.

yeah like froome's ridiculous climb of alpe dhuez in more than 40 minutes... oh wait... :rolleyes:

Ride More said:
Little Chris Horner
Ripped thru the final corner,
Eating a beet root pie;
He put everyone under his thumb,
And pulled out a plum,
And said 'What a good boy am I

Good one, but a fitting song already existed:

‘EPO all in my veins,
Lately things just don’t seem the same.
Actin’ funny, but I don’t know why,
’Scuse me while I pass this guy.’

zlev11 said:
was referring to his Ventoux and Ax-3 times. he already had the race won by Alpe d'Huez so who knows what he could have done if he needed more time.
And Armstrong had already won the Tour by Ventoux and on his best time up Ax 3 he was beaten by Roberto Laiseka. Who knows what he could have done if he needed more time.

You can't use context to dismiss some performances and then ignore it for others.

Parker said:
And Armstrong had already won the Tour by Ventoux and on his best time up Ax 3 he was beaten by Roberto Laiseka. Who knows what he could have done if he needed more time.

You can't use context to dismiss some performances and then ignore it for others.
Yet Ullrich went all out and was slower than Froome on both climbs...

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
robow7 said:
So many ways that 3 seconds can disappear.

It will go in the blink of an eye on the Angliru.

Did Horner ride the whole of the Pena Carbaga out of the saddle? Absolutely ridiculous. Heres hoping he does the whole of the Angliru out of the saddle too.

believe people, BELIEVE

oh, and LIVESTRONG, or something

elduggo said:
It will go in the blink of an eye on the Angliru.

Did Horner ride the whole of the Pena Carbaga out of the saddle? Absolutely ridiculous. Heres hoping he does the whole of the Angliru out of the saddle too.

believe people, BELIEVE

oh, and LIVESTRONG, or something

Is there someone here who thinks he's clean? I've not seen it.

Netserk said:
Yet Ullrich went all out and was slower than Froome on both climbs...
Did he? Did he really? If that was Ullrich at his best why couldn't be beat Laiseka - who catches him then drops him (or Zubeldia on his fastest ascent)? And was he really going full out to catch the 5 minutes he trailled Armstrong by on Ventoux or just riding conservatively watching Beloki?

And none of these climbs were ridden as time trials, so they are ridden at different tempos and with different tactics. This is something the number crunchers seem to fail to understand.

If you want to compare Armstrong and Froome - compare their very best performances regardless of what climb it was on. Not a top performance by Froome with a mundane one by Armstrong.

Parker said:
Did he? Did he really? If that was Ullrich at his best why couldn't be beat Laiseka - who catches him then drops him (or Zubeldia on his fastest ascent)? And was he really going full out to catch the 5 minutes he trailled Armstrong by on Ventoux or just riding conservatively watching Beloki?

And none of these climbs were ridden as time trials, so they are ridden at different tempos and with different tactics. This is something the number crunchers seem to fail to understand.

If you want to compare Armstrong and Froome - compare their very best performances regardless of what climb it was on. Not a top performance by Froome with a mundane one by Armstrong.

Armstrong and Froome can both eat a big fat one.

This thread is about PAPPY! Forza Horner!

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
So when does The Clinic board a$$plosion happen? LOL, this is so funny. How many people here profess their love for the uber clean Froomedonkey with one nickname, and post their disbelief of old man Horner on another? Come on...there's gotta be a few of you.

Face it, all of this talk should be simply based on which doper you like, and don't like, because NOT A SINGLE ONE is clean :D

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Parker said:

You're cute ;)

TRENDING THREADS