• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

When is the smackdown on Chris Horner?

Page 86 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Zardioni

BANNED
Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Why is there 2000 odd speculative posts in this thread as to whether or not Chris Horner is doping and not a "scintilla" of evidence in any shape make nor form to back up such potentially libelous claims ?. Seriously ?

Zardioni said:
Why is there 2000 odd speculative posts in this thread as to whether or not Chris Horner is doping and not a "scintilla" of evidence in any shape make nor form to back up such potentially libelous claims ?. Seriously ?

You forgot "scurrilous", otherwise almost perfect!

Zardioni said:

Unsure if this post is serious.

slide_266290_1813690_free.gif

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Zardioni said:

The 'damned few' have arrived.

You forgot Horner 'never tested positive' and 'done too much good'.

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Zardioni said:

Add 'old tired disproven allegations' to your next post.. Always a crowd-pleaser.

Zardioni said:

Whatever you do, don't go looking for evidence for or against! Not even in the thread. Not even at velorooms in a thread titled "the decanio files."

Yes, yes, I know what you will post. "What? That stuff makes no sense!!! It cannot be true! Who is this bitter hater?" Whatever you do, don't sort out the names mentioned and anti-doping sanctions distributed much later. Don't do that. DeCanio's crazy and bitter like Landis and Lemond. We know they were wrong too.

My gift to you sir-trolls-alot. http://velorooms.com/index.php?topic=4167.0

May 19, 2010
Visit site

ianfra

BANNED
Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Happy to see a clean rider win the Vuelta. You can all make your cheap and snide remarks, but you didn't win. Chris Horner did. Clean! Yippee

Zardioni said:

You're a newbie. You haven't read the agenda driven mission statement of the clinic. First offense, using "scintilla" instead of "soupcon". Second, you can issue "libelous claims" at a 140 lbs. "grandpa". Try doing that with old man Kalama and he'd pop the seat cap and stuff you and your crybaby a$$ down the seat mast whole.

Zardioni

BANNED
Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
SpeedWay said:
You're a newbie. You haven't read the agenda driven mission statement of the clinic. First offense, using "scintilla" instead of "soupcon". Second, you can issue "libelous claims" at a 140 lbs. "grandpa". Try doing that with old man Kalama and he'd pop the seat cap and stuff you and your crybaby a$$ down the seat mast whole.

I've never read such childish unintellectual rubbish in my entire life. Your just one of the countless cowards who hide behind a pseudonym spouting out nonsense that you would not have the ba@@s to say in real life. What are you doing sitting behind your play station drinking beer expanding your waste line even further. Growing your man boobs. What age are you 16 because from the sounds of things that would seem about the height of it. So quit with the wise cracks and try to have a normal conversation. This forum is for adults not immature children like your self who have no self respect for themselves and attempt to gain a delusional superiority through cowardice and a childish integrity. Pathetic. Pure and utter ignorance.

Zardioni

BANNED
Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
sublimit said:
To quote Zam a lot of kids have turned up recently. :eek:
a perfectly good thread to slag Horner and Froome and we get this crap

Would you like to be in the public eye and have unfounded accusations hurled at you and defamatory remarks. I would guess not.

Mar 26, 2009
Visit site
131313 said:
The people making that claim have a very limited understanding of both Horner's career and how pro cycling actually works. Horner has gotten results his entire career, from the very beginning, from his very first year as a pro, and from his first year in Europe.

He underperformed in Europe his first trip there because...]

In his second go-round in Europe, he was always successful--he was just in a position that he was always working as a top domestique. Part of this is that he's a stage race guy who's not a great TT guy. That seriously limited his opions...]

You say people that think Horner didn't get the big results in the past that he is getting now have a "limited understanding" of how "pro cycling actually works". You then proceed to explain why Horner didn't get big results until relatively recently. I'm not sure you made the point you wanted to.

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
red_flanders said:
I think they used the article to clearly suggest there is something untoward. I think that's OK on a forum as it's pretty easy disbelieve the performance given the circumstances but I think a writer has a different level of expectation.

Anyway, not surprising given the history of the sport. They've brought it on themselves. Still I'd have like to have seen better from the writer.

I get where you're coming from on this one. Thing is, I also think context is important--and the context in which the article is framed was mentioned at the beginning: Horner is the last man standing among top US riders who got results during that top-fueled era. Now, at 42 he's still riding at the same level he did during that era. So, it's reasonable to at least ask him about doping...except he refuses to do any interviews if the subject is brought up. Personally, I think the newspaper would be negligent to write a fluff piece without bringing up the subject, and his refusal to discuss it.

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
silverrocket said:
You say people that think Horner didn't get the big results in the past that he is getting now have a "limited understanding" of how "pro cycling actually works". You then proceed to explain why Horner didn't get big results until relatively recently. I'm not sure you made the point you wanted to.

?

maybe you just didn't read my post. He had limited opportunity to get big results. When he got the opportunity, he got them.

Mar 26, 2009
Visit site
131313 said:
?

maybe you just didn't read my post. He had limited opportunity to get big results. When he got the opportunity, he got them.

That's exactly the message I got from your post, but aren't you just saying what everybody else is saying: that he didn't get big results for most of his career and suddenly started quite late in his career?

The reason WHY is an entirely other issue, and on that I'm not necessarily disagreeing with your assessment that he had limited opportunity in the past. I remember reading interviews with Horners back when he raced only in the USA, wondering why such a talented guy was not in Europe, and he would describe (back when he guarded his words much less) about how much it sucked in Europe, how he didn't like the people, etc.

I don't know if anyone is really doubting his talent, but history has shown us that even the MOST talented cyclists don't win GTs in their 40s.

TRENDING THREADS