• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

When is the smackdown on Chris Horner?

Page 90 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Von Mises said:
It wasnt FoxxyBrown1111 who made stupid comparison, it was FGL with his Nibali and Tour of Poland reference. Foxxy only replied with LeMond example. Obviously he is not saying that LeMond was grupetto rider, he is just showing how stupid this Nibali-Tour of Poland link is.
You are right I suppose, I should have used the great Brixia Tour as a reference. My bad.

But, lets get serious, is it a wonder when a proven stage racer like Nibali gets into shape in the space of four weeks? Dont think so, apart from the doping question.

Is it a wonder when a grupetto rider becomes a GT killer in the space of two weeks time? I do think so, yes.

Is Chris Horner a wonder? Hell yeah. But, he was rested, totally focussed, weak field etc etc ;)

he is just showing how stupid this Nibali-Tour of Poland link is
Guess you just seemed to have missed the word ''hypocrite'' dear Foxxy used? You know, Foxxy, the defender of a rider who had bilharzia treatment with pills that basicly kill everything in the body and yet that same rider was able to win the Tour of Oman three/four weeks later with some electric cycling? Speaking of wonders:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?featur..._1PJuoC8f2MCARNTWPGA6qJA&v=ecJRZeyCg2o#t=1320

versus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=prnp4YRv96U#t=1635

Same comedy gold.

Von Mises said:
It wasnt FoxxyBrown1111 who made stupid comparison, it was FGL with his Nibali and Tour of Poland reference. Foxxy only replied with LeMond example. Obviously he is not saying that LeMond was grupetto rider, he is just showing how stupid this Nibali-Tour of Poland link is.

I understand all that. The idea that the comments about Nibali were in any way as preposterous as his intentionally preposterous response RE: LeMond...is preposterous.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Cycle Chic said:
Just reading Vande Veldes affidavit...at point 43.

Dr Del Moral's office in Valencia....now isn't that where Horner went after the final stage of the Vuelta ??

Banned for life - but where's Moral now and whats he doing ? anyone know ?
del moral and valencia. did you need to read van de velde's affidavit for that?
it's common knowledge that errani and ferrer got their gear from del moral in valencia. it's also common knowledge that matt white resides in valencia and that he brought trent lowe there to get his gear from del moral.
so del moral and valencia is old news.

horner's stop in valencia after the vuelat has been pointed out previously with the same insinuations. yes, his stop there could be doping related, but doesn't have to be del moral, i guess.

Fearless Greg Lemond said:
You are right I suppose, I should have used the great Brixia Tour as a reference. My bad.

But, lets get serious, is it a wonder when a proven stage racer like Nibali gets into shape in the space of four weeks? Dont think so, apart from the doping question.

Is it a wonder when a grupetto rider becomes a GT killer in the space of two weeks time? I do think so, yes.

Is Chris Horner a wonder? Hell yeah. But, he was rested, totally focussed, weak field etc etc ;)

I am not interested what Foxxy said or not in past - I do not know what he has said, I have not paid attention. I just talked about your Nibali-Tour of Poland reference.

And no, it is not wonder and I am not wondering about it because I just do not have data and information to make conclusion. I do not even know what was Nibali´s shape or form during Tour of Poland. Yes, he finished 53th, but what does it show - was he out or form or maybe he just did not care and used to get some racing miles into his legs? Same applies to Lemond in 1990. He was 153th in Giro and 1st in Tour, but I do not think that his form or shape or level was 153th in Giro, it just means that he used Giro as a training ride.

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
Assumptions = Facts? Since When?

FoxxyBrown1111 said:
Hey, no problem. He has some GT talent. Like De Greef has. But no 41 year old injured rider can win clean, cleanish or micro doped. This guy took it hardcore BB-wise, All-in-do-or-die, like in the ToC (no testing) to reach the doped records of much younger riders in their prime.

There is no doubt he doped on another level, while it seems Nibali and Co. still took a look in their future. They can´t risk a possible ban like him.

No doubt? How do you make a statement like that? Did you ask Chris? Did you see all the **** he's gone through for the past years? Probably not ! Well, without any facts to back up your comments, why don't you keep it to yourself until you can use something more than your "educated opinion" to support your nonsense. Oh, and one last comment :

Under my personal heading, "What I hate about the internet!"

I just posted this on BICYCLING magazine after reading some of the commentary about Horner's win today:

"I Hate all the negative commentary surrounding this. The desire to taint this accomplishment is mystifying! The obvious questions are : If Chris was not doping when all around him were, why would he do it now when all eyes are on him? I don't defend people as a matter of course, but I am sick and tired of the haters hiding in dark corners of the internet distributing nonsensical and unsupported commentary, while a person such as Chris hangs it out for years on end for all to see and when opportunity meets talent and will, they ignore it and simply cast aspersions on his effort ! Simply tired of the wanna-be's and never was types typing out there dark thoughts and not be called to task!"

As I said, I don't normally respond to idiots - today I made an exception

If I could find an emoticon with a middle finger... that's what you'd be seeing.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
hrotha said:
Come on now. That's not common knowledge, that's just speculation.
which part?
matt white resides in valencia, or at least resided there up till 2012.
del moral's clinic being in valencia is old news as well.
matt white introducing lowe to del moral is also old news.
afai aware, these are three facts, but i could be wrong.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
sniper said:
which part?
matt white resides in valencia, or at least resided there up till 2012.
del moral's clinic being in valencia is old news as well.
matt white introducing lowe to del moral is also old news.
Yes, but you didnt just say that - you added more, which hrotha snipped to and I will highlight again.

sniper said:
del moral and valencia. did you need to read van de velde's affidavit for that?
it's common knowledge that errani and ferrer got their gear from del moral in valencia. it's also common knowledge that matt white resides in valencia and that he brought trent lowe there to get his gear from del moral.
so del moral and valencia is old news.

horner's stop in valencia after the vuelat has been pointed out previously with the same insinuations. yes, his stop there could be doping related, but doesn't have to be del moral, i guess.

That is not speculation - there is nothing to support that claim, you made that up.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Dr. Maserati said:
Yes, but you didnt just say that - you added more, which hrotha snipped to and I will highlight again.

That is not speculation - there is nothing to support that claim, you made that up.

ok thanks, get it. agreed, that part is speculation.

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
richardschoenberg said:
No doubt? How do you make a statement like that? Did you ask Chris? Did you see all the **** he's gone through for the past years? Probably not ! Well, without any facts to back up your comments, why don't you keep it to yourself until you can use something more than your "educated opinion" to support your nonsense. Oh, and one last comment :

I just posted this on BICYCLING magazine after reading some of the commentary about Horner's win today:

"I Hate all the negative commentary surrounding this. The desire to taint this accomplishment is mystifying! The obvious questions are : If Chris was not doping when all around him were, why would he do it now when all eyes are on him? I don't defend people as a matter of course, but I am sick and tired of the haters hiding in dark corners of the internet distributing nonsensical and unsupported commentary, while a person such as Chris hangs it out for years on end for all to see and when opportunity meets talent and will, they ignore it and simply cast aspersions on his effort ! Simply tired of the wanna-be's and never was types typing out there dark thoughts and not be called to task!"

If I could find an emoticon with a middle finger... that's what you'd be seeing.

Respectfully, if you've followed cycling for more than a brief time you would question everything, including this Vuelta win.

I like Chris. I've ridden with him. Liked him for years. I don't blame him for competing.

I'm just glad he's not the same kind of A hole Lance is.

As for dark corners of the internet... The clinic isn't that.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
richardschoenberg said:

+1 Just read chris is releasing his bio passport data. I am sure it will satisfy some of the dark denizens but I'll bet it generates another 50 pages of nonsensical speculation and will reach what ever conclusion fits with the already established opinion of did he dope or didn't he.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Master50 said:
+1 Just read chris is releasing his bio passport data. I am sure it will satisfy some of the dark denizens but I'll bet it generates another 50 pages of nonsensical speculation and will reach what ever conclusion fits with the already established opinion of did he dope or didn't he.

Of course you appear to miss the very fact that he is making his BP public is because the ordinary fans have (rightly) zero faith in the system and what you attempt to dismiss as "nonsensical speculation" is perfectly valid.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
richardschoenberg said:

Translation: Finally, the last thing I’ll say to the people who don’t believe in cycling, the cynics and the sceptics: I'm sorry for you. I’m sorry that you can’t dream big. I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles. :D

Thinking Horner is doping isn't a desire to taint his victory, nor is the clinic a "dark corner of the internet." with cycling's past it's difficult to take every performance in cycling as a credible and clean performance. And when a 41 year old wins a GT in the manner he did, well if you don't question that performance at least a little then I wonder what other performances in cycling you believed were clean.

To the bolded, what does that even mean or prove? People dope to gain a competitive edge over others so they can win the big races, they don't just stop doping because eyes are suddenly on them when they win those big races.

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
richardschoenberg said:

In other words, we will see you next year winning Paris - Nice?

I have stated this before;
A: Chris is one of the biggest frauds cycling has ever seen or
B: Chris is the biggest champion cycling has missed, like the Delion/van Hooijdonck guys and more.

If he is the last one, his response to the whole USADA saga is utterly dissappointing. To me that is. On the other hand, Horner could be thinking of a total different strategy. Hell, even the paladin for the next UCI president [Vaughters] is still scared sh!tless for Armstrong and his buffoons.

But, usually my eyes dont lie.

I again applaud Horner for releasing data, but it is pretty useless, it says absolutely nothing when riders stay between the offscores. It is not in the blood. I bet his offscore will not come above 100.

PS: welcome to the forum

All I can see are the dates.

February 15, 2008
May 19, 2008
June 4, 2008

January 28, 2009
February 4, 2009
February 13, 2009
April 27, 2009
April 30, 2009
May 7, 2009
May 18, 2009
August 27, 2009

February 5, 2010
Feburary 11, 2010
March 7, 2010
April 5, 2010
April 21, 2010
June 16, 2010
July 1, 2010
July 11, 2010
September 23, 2010

February 2, 2011
June 30, 2011
October 10, 2011
December 7, 2011

March 1, 2012
May 9, 2012
May 31, 2012
June 19, 2012
June 28, 2012
July 16, 2012
July 27, 2012
November 27, 2012

March 13, 2013
June 26, 2013
August 22, 2013
August 29, 2013
September 3, 2013
September 7, 2013
September 14, 2013

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Right click on the broken picture icon/link and choose "open picture in new tab" or something similiar if you are not using Chrome. This should open the .pdf with the data.

TRENDING THREADS