• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

When is the smackdown on Chris Horner?

Page 13 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Samson777 said:
+1

At danish television the commentators( Rolf Sorensen was a bit silent) talked about how the peloton is cleaner now,than it was in the past. Since there is no super teams around...

What a day to pick, for a statement like that:D
Somehow the Sporza guys in Belgium were also a bit quiet, when Chris put his bud on the saddle they went ''LOOK HE IS SITTING''.

Incroyable.

131313 said:
Actually, you're way off base on that one. The first thing every domestic pro learns is that EPO and test are neither expensive nor are they hard to get. There are plenty of guys who will bring it up from Mexico and are more than willing to sell it to you. And let's face it, Horner new pretty much all there was to know about doping by the time he landed back at Webcor. It's long been noted how a bunch of amateur Cat 1's suddenly started riding a lot better once Horner got there. So, this tale that Horner was taking cough medicine while the others where on full programs is just that: a tale. Also, remember that while the budgets may be smaller, testing in domestic races almost non-existent, both OOC and IC, but particularly IC. Most races don't have the money to test, and the riders know it.

Also remember that Webcor was run by guys who cashed out big from the bay area software industry. There was plenty of $$$ on that team, but maybe not in the official sponsorship budget.

Not a believer in "conspiracy" theories but when you see what Horner did today you have to wonder where he's been allnthose years, except for the TOC 2011. I guess the "positive" explanation is that he wasn't doing the stuff others were doing back in the day.

webvan said:
Not a believer in "conspiracy" theories but when you see what Horner did today you have to wonder where he's been allnthose years, except for the TOC 2011. I guess the "positive" explanation is that he wasn't doing the stuff others were doing back in the day.
Which part of "a professional athlete at the top level is most likely doping" constitutes a conspiracy theory?

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
classicomano said:
And Wuyts randomly mentioned Horner rode with Armstrong for 2 years.
Rewatch Angliru 2011 Sporza, it is still one of my favourites. 'Potje koken' lol, journalists/reporters cant get any closer to accusing people of dodgy practices.

Yet, I still firmly believe in Chris I refuse to saddle up Horner. He is Anglo American so he must have the clean genes.

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Parrulo said:
Brilliant strategy by Horner!!!! The over 40 crowd is drooling all over him on the CN comments section.
Well, that I can't dispute. He's giving hope to all middle aged men in the world!

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
BroDeal said:
What this thread really needs is Dr. Coggan to show up and explain to everyone how this could be legit and suspicion is unwarranted.

Horner is an outlier, one of the greatest talents to ever swing a leg over a top tube.

Maybe Horner has been using Acoggans online power based training plan.

Im still in the "not sure" camp until Martinfingers explains how Horner is clean.

BroDeal said:
What this thread really needs is Dr. Coggan to show up and explain to everyone how this could be legit and suspicion is unwarranted.

Horner is an outlier, one of the greatest talents to ever swing a leg over a top tube.

acoggan has already been on here and defended Horner and supported the beet root juice reason. Lets see if he steps up again.

Sep 9, 2009
Visit site
Doping, shmoping -- when is someone going to teach Horner how to give a victory salute? He looks like a sourpuss duck trying to play vampire.

C'mon, man -- I thought you said racing was fun!

veganrob said:
acoggan has already been on here and defended Horner and supported the beet root juice reason. Lets see if he steps up again.

Beetroot juice just makes you cr*p more: can help with weight loss a bit

But this much??

Nibali was going full gas the last 2kms and couldn't eat into his lead
And almost no help from his team, unlike the leading contenders:confused:

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
It is true - that kind of eternally out of the saddle, non-breathing, fixed grimace pumping is about as classic a "to the gills" performance as you are gonna get.

However, I'd ask everyone to give him the benefit of the doubt until after all my fantasy teams win. :D

Oct 21, 2012
twitter.com
Antoine VAYER ‏@festinaboy 54s

Radar Hazallinas : Horner 23mn24s, 7,4 km à 9,49%,18,97 km/h ! 6,34 w/kg. Miraculous ! Like Froome, like Braislford said : "exceptional"

Vayer says 6.34 w/kg. :eek:

I just want to know how a 41 year old Horner can apparently outperform the 37 year old Cadel Evans who Horner was riding in support of in 2007 at 35 years of age? Yes Horner is talented but more talented than Evans? Sorry but it will take a lot to convince me of that. After today in the Vuelta It seems the '2nd best climber in the world' has now moved up a notch further!

TRENDING THREADS