• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

When is the smackdown on Chris Horner?

Page 17 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
the sceptic said:
Sky are clean, but their riders wont peak for another 15 years, its a bit too early for them. Looking forward to see how fast Froome will climb in 2030.

Anyway this thread is about Horner. Who will sign him up next year? Garmin? sky?

Why did you answer? it was directed at sky conspiracy theorists - their fans.

sittingbison said:
Gentle(wo)men,
please desist with trolling and baiting by introducing off topic...heaven forbid...Sky and especially the Dawg. This thread is about another Chris, lets keep it that way

cheers
bison

Heaven forbid someone should mock the amazing hypocrisy of those who believe in Froome yet question Horner. We would not want something logical like that to enter a discussion. No wonder why this place has markedly fewer posters than it used to.

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
jilbiker said:
Contador comes into Vuelta last year and folks say "he does not have enough racing miles in his legs" as excuse for the average first 2 weeks. Now its Horner is fantastic in the first 2 weeks because "he has little racing miles in his legs". Sounds weird, right? Which one is it?

Horner is 42. So less is more.

Then most everybody behind him has at least one full Grand Tour this year in his legs. So there's that.

Don't know if the Cowboy and JV are on the best of terms:
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/nealrogers">@nealrogers</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/richardmoore73">@richardmoore73</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/Ben_M_Berry">@Ben_M_Berry</a> Are you guys discussing the same Chris Horner that chased down Hincapie in final tdf for talking?</p>&mdash; Jonathan Vaughters (@Vaughters) <a href="https://twitter.com/Vaughters/statuses/374638675776126976">September 2, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

What they are talking about is around the 7 min mrk of this guy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLiH2tvuf2A

IzzyStradlin said:
JV and cowboy might not have the best relationship...

The incident in question is here.....about 7 min in:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLiH2tvuf2A

In a world gone mad.

2cc0ts.jpg

After a few holdups due to Labor Day weekend adventures, finally watched the last 3 stages on the ITV player through a proxy in one sitting. Wow. Full genius. Blood bags instead of bidons. Gary Imlach and Roger Hammond afterwards more or less said "Is it right to ask questions of this 41 year old who has just destroyed some of the best climbers in the world? Yes."

Being at altitude for the last few weeks is a good cover for any high Hct/Hgb values coming into the race too. Big question is: is he going to get caught? I don't think a graduate of the School of Bruyneel is gonna glow during a race (I think F Schleck's positive during last year's TdF was def some kind of panic/screwup on Schleck's part) and I can't see a passport case, especially against a GT leader during a GT. Unless Pat decides to make a point.

I would be depressed, although I've been taking a gulp of wine every time Phil Liggett calls Nicolas Roche "Stephen" so right now I'm grand.

coinneach said:
Beetroot juice just makes you cr*p more: can help with weight loss a bit

But this much??

Nibali was going full gas the last 2kms and couldn't eat into his lead
And almost no help from his team, unlike the leading contenders:confused:

not sure why you consider this relevant, but Cancellara did eject most of the peloton on the second to last climb (including the rest of radioshack)

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
thehog said:
JV will sign him up. He's all for clean cycling.

Funny enough I accidentally clicked on the first page of this thread and read the OP.

Thanks.... that was the obscure interview i looked for at the Froome/Horner-Thread.
This guy is beyond help. He (Horner) needs to be caught to learn a lesson or two.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Now this guy must go down. Same arrogant behavior as LA. Knowingly doping big time a la 90s style, but still having the chutzpah to spit in the face of other riders/fans/observers by giving obscure interviews, chasing down those who break omerta and "winning" at an absurd age from nowhere.

One more puke on this guy. :mad:

May 19, 2010
Visit site
benzwire said:
I thought the consensus was that the confused, old-man Horner didn't realize the peloton was letting Hincapie do a parade lap for his final Tour. I guess JV knows otherwise.

What are the chances there hadn't been talk in Radioshack about Hincapie and the Garmin boys and their cooperation with USADA? Don't you think they were foaming around the mouth to see Hincapie even race that Tour? Of course they were expecting him to go for that little honorary solo break on Champs-Élysées, and of course Horner followed him out of spite. He gave us a Armstrong/Simeoni deja vu. All though seeing him fly in Spain this year makes one wonder about his mental health.

FoxxyBrown1111 said:
Now this guy must go down. Same arrogant behavior as LA. Knowingly doping big time a la 90s style, but still having the chutzpah to spit in the face of other riders/fans/observers by giving obscure interviews, chasing down those who break omerta and "winning" at an absurd age from nowhere.

One more puke on this guy. :mad:

All of the 2013 Spain riders may be clean. Though I really doubt it, it is a possibility.

Horner has been around awhile, nice to see some wins for him.

May 27, 2012
Visit site
FoxxyBrown1111 said:
Thanks.... that was the obscure interview i looked for at the Froome/Horner-Thread.
This guy is beyond help. He (Horner) needs to be caught to learn a lesson or two.

That there is some Grade A Trollkraft right there fellows. A man who defends Froome writing those words is a man who knows how to throw a lure into the water.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
zigmeister said:
Well, the 2010 leaked biopassport numbers did have Horner as a zero.

Yeah, cleaner than clean. Reminds me of "...Lance to Landis" where Walsh wrote about Armstrongs samples were cleaner than clean... i guess Horner learned a lot from his clone how to manipulate... only that this can lead to serious own problems (like missing cancer markers in tests)

ChewbaccaD said:
That there is some Grade A Trollkraft right there fellows. A man who defends Froome writing those words is a man who knows how to throw a lure into the water.

Yop, i am in the same boat as Walsh. We are all idiots...

TRENDING THREADS