• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

When is the smackdown on Chris Horner?

Page 52 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
Nibali seems to have been written off but maybe he can work some magic overnight.

Whatever happens today Horner's assault on the Vuelta has been truly epic - like a 41 year old journeyman tennis player winning Wimbledon or an athlete winning Olympic gold :D

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Ninety5rpm said:
A smack from live.cyclingnews.com.

Well, I guess that sums Horner up. When he wins the Vuelta, he will feel that he has legitimately won it because he beat the test. Kind of a big f'ing joke.

With what he is doing at the Vuelta, how come Chris doesn't hold every single climbing record in the U.S? Or flamed out early with FDJ? Or has never been more than a domestique prior to recently despite being in his 40s? How come his stance on doping has literally taken a 180 degree turn? The guy is a joke who is too old to worry about a ban and too dumb to not understand how obvious it is.

May 27, 2012
Visit site
FoxxyBrown1111 said:
Didn´t know it´s the Froome thread. Anyway, a 41 year old rising from nowhere with hiding for like 20 seasons is way more over the top. That is the new standard. Maybe a rider like Chad Haga will top it one day... But for now he´s wayyy too young at age 25, even tough he´s having a T-10 in the ToC.

Just be happy. Horner and Froome are proving that whatever they are doing, it is undetectable and supremely effective. Your hero Froome will probably win 20 Tours...well, until everyone else starts doing what Horner and Froome are doing...then we'll be back to a level playing field, and Froome will return to being the average cyclist he was before his miracle Vuelta.

Forza Chris!!! Whichever one!!!

May 27, 2012
Visit site
Zweistein said:
Well, I guess that sums Horner up. When he wins the Vuelta, he will feel that he has legitimately won it because he beat the test. Kind of a big f'ing joke.

With what he is doing at the Vuelta, how come Chris doesn't hold every single climbing record in the U.S? Or flamed out early with FDJ? Or has never been more than a domestique prior to recently despite being in his 40s? How come his stance on doping has literally taken a 180 degree turn? The guy is a joke who is too old to worry about a ban and too dumb to not understand how obvious it is.

He's just doing what Froome did, and knows that nobody can catch him because they know what they are doing is undetectable. Then again, Brailsford said that one day clean performances would surpass doped ones, and then Froome won the next day. Maybe Horner got a contact buzz off of the hype Sky was producing?

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Zweistein said:

That´s what many of us say here since long. But it´s a nice summary. It´s so disgusting that it needs to be repeated again and again...

ChewbaccaD said:
Your hero Froome will probably win 20 Tours...

You know it´s not my hero, even if you repeat it 20 times. Froome also isn´t the hero for Walsh. And, why don´t you discuss it on the Chris/Chris thread?
Anyway, one point i agree. After Froome has won 20 tours he is on the same page with Horner as the most grotesque sportsmen ever. But until then it´s a long way to go. My bet goes for Chad Haga winning 20 GT´s in the next fifty years...

Haha. Horner is sooooooooooo High:D He should just have continued he's attack, would have been a victory for clean cycling.

Rolf Sorensen on Horner: " I competed with him myself and back then he was the rider he is now" So who is Horner now? A Alien?

TRENDING THREADS