• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

When is the smackdown on Chris Horner?

Page 81 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
Catwhoorg said:
The quote from Levi's affidavit is

"In 2008 Rider 15 told me that he was using EPO during his recovery from an injury in 2005 before the tour of Switzerland."

Its not enough to stand up in isolation at a hearing, but if USADA has more on rider 15 then maybe they could build a case.

There are two versions of each affidavit. There are the original statements made by the witnesses which are all encompassing, and cover many years and events. Then there are the actual affidavits submitted in relation to the Armstrong information and signed just prior to his conviction.

Levi said much more than is on his published affidavit, and that goes for all riders.

I guess Chavanel missed the Vuelta.

“I don’t think that this French team needs me,” Chavanel said. “You have to know when to leave the keys to the new generation. We have some very talented young riders and if you always have older riders there, they won’t have the opportunity to blossom.”

Merckx index said:

The VN article notes that Horner put out 425 watts for Cabarga, and calls that “reasonable”. Really? Even assuming the 65 kg weight is correct, and there’s good reason to be suspicious of that, that works out to about 6.55 watts/g. That is reasonable? Not to mention that if his weight were 62 kg, the value becomes 6.85 watts/kg.
Checking against Froome 2011.
On this graph

http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showthread.php?t=21212&page=12

it shows Froome producing 480 watts for a 17 minutes effort, like Cabarga.

If he weighed 68 kg, that is within 1% of 7 watts/kg.

I don't know the circumstances of the 2011 climb by Froome, but it would seem that even with favorable wind, the faster time of Horner requires at least 7 watts/kg.

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
Moose McKnuckles said:
What US fans are excited about Horner? All the US fans I know are laughing at what seems to be an obvious doper winning in the era of "clean cycling". The same way they laughed at Froome.
The same American fans that backed Floyd Landis until he confessed and were Lance Armstrong apologists till Oprah, and even beyond that. There are a lot of them:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/is-chris-horner-a-redacted-name-in-usadas-reasoned-decision

Embarrassing.

EnacheV

BANNED
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
May 26, 2010
Visit site
EnacheV said:
Nah, those are normal people amazed by a "reporter" that writes and angry article about nothing because Horner hangs up on him.

"blogs, comments sections, forums" .... journalist hahaha

So you think Horner is clean?

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
What did you expect from CN? not journalism surely?

it's a pity benson hasn't purchased, say, the leinders-sky story, or froome's badzilla story, in a similar fashion, i.e. with irony and skepsis.

apparently it's ok to distrust and mob a 41 year old associated with old cycling.
but let's remain polite to and confident in the new generation.

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
sniper said:
it's a pity benson hasn't purchased, say, the leinders-sky story, or froome's badzilla story, in a similar fashion, i.e. with irony and skepsis.

apparently it's ok to distrust and mob a 41 year old associated with old cycling.

Singing the UCI theme-song.....

sniper said:

well, Horner is a dead end seen from a business opportunity perspective. Very unlike Team Sky etc.

Parrulo said:
Reading the CN comment section on this article makes me pity this sport and the ignorance of most of his fans.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/is-chris-horner-a-redacted-name-in-usadas-reasoned-decision

It feels like the Armstrong followers found and new messiah and were joined by every middle aged man on the planet. . . .

Those are typical July fans. They are expected of comment sections of news sites. The difference is we have the Froome and Wiggans muppets posting here. Although they and their new cycling schtick have become rather quiet since Horner proved them to be idiots.

Race Radio said:
When is the smackdown?

When Lance sings to the Truth and Reconciliation Comittee

But would that bring enough smackett down on Horner's candy *** to take away his Vuelta win? I don't think so, it would only prove he used to dope but he would probably pull the same stunt everyone else did and claim to be clean since 06 or 07 or whatever the year was when they all went clean. . .

EnacheV

BANNED
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Calling people with 99% success rate idiots while you have 1% it's weird.

I rather think most are clean and have a 99% hit rate than be a total skeptic with under 1% success. And bitter in the process...

TRENDING THREADS