• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

When is the smackdown on Chris Horner?

Page 161 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Pena Cabarga is at sea level also..

My wild guess is that Horner would be right up there on every MTF and would fight for the win overall. This stage today is the only one where he might have been dropped.

Hope he can come back and give foxxy more nightmares next year.

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
zlev11 said:
i think he would definitely be around the top 5, if not ahead of Froome in 2nd place. <snip>
More good stuff. Thanks

the sceptic said:
Hope he can come back and give foxxy more nightmares next year.
:D

bettiniphoto_0152494_1_full.jpg

zlev11 said:
to answer the question, if Horner had the form of last year then yeah, I think he definitely would have been up there today

Poor Chris. Really. He was going really well after a tough year.

I am sad to not see 6.2+ w/kg from Grand Pappy on a day like today. He'd be racking up 3rd-8th's every time the stage finished on an incline.

And the fans! Oh the fans. Forty-something racer tearing it up IN grand tours, ON the world tour... Cleans of course.

Digger said:
Race Radio - you once said Horner was the most talented American rider since Greg Lemond.

Odd......

I'm curious how you'd rank him amongst the notables:

George
Unifraud
Tommy D :D
Rogaine Q Wheelsuck
Tejay

Does Hampsten count?

Feel free to throw in any other biggies that I may have missed.

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
Fatclimber said:
I'm curious how you'd rank him amongst the notables:

George
Unifraud
Tommy D :D
Rogaine Q Wheelsuck
Tejay

Does Hampsten count?

Feel free to throw in any other biggies that I may have missed.

Hope this isn't a daft question, but who does Rogaine Q Wheelsuck refer to?

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Digger said:
Tyler and Floyd

CVV had the DNA. Huge engine and star "potential" coming in.

Strong track background, and wore the white jersey during his first TdF.

Lot's of physical setbacks, coupled with inner-politics did plenty to hold him back. We'll never really know just how much more he might've achieved under different circumstances, but of course that could be said for many others as well.

But CVV had the right pedigree. No doubt about that.

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Digger said:
Regardless. I want to know the rationale behind rr saying Horner was the must talented American cyclist since lemond...which I can quote if he likes.

Seeing up close what he was able to do to the entire Motorola squad on several equations in the era before full gas, for one.
As for CVV....he was in the USA Cycling program early...in deep. Internal politics always ruled there. Turn pro and if you weren't in Lance's wake you were not on the team.

Hawkwood said:
Okay I think `Rogaine' is `Regaine' in the UK, and he's a slaphead.

Apologies for the misspelling. :D

Digger, it's not like the US has produced an abundance of bada*s cyclists. In this warped world of pro cycling make believe speculation, Chris fits right in with the rest of the dopeheads. I'm curious how you'd rank the top 5 US cyclists since Lemond.

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Digger said:
Regardless. I want to know the rationale behind rr saying Horner was the must talented American cyclist since lemond...which I can quote if he likes.

But Horner was still doping when he was faster than Froome who might have been clean? :confused:

Digger said:

Rationale? Maybe that is what he thinks, is there anything wrong with voicing an opinion? I don't necessarily agree with it if he said the most talented, but I think due to a number of reasons he was definitely an under achiever for most of his career. I would put him above Tom D. Leechheimer Georgie all but maybe Tyler and Floyd when it comes to pure talent. The whole doping metric renders it impossible to say for sure though.
But why so bent out of shape about one guy's opinion?

May 26, 2009
Visit site
del1962 said:
So do you think he is rider 15 in LL's USADA affadavits, and what do you think of DiCanio's allegations against him?

Del, me old mucker!! (I got the saying, right, yes? :D)

Sadly I'm not a Horner fan and I don't think he's clean in the slightest.

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
Fatclimber said:
Apologies for the misspelling. :D

Digger, it's not like the US has produced an abundance of bada*s cyclists. In this warped world of pro cycling make believe speculation, Chris fits right in with the rest of the dopeheads. I'm curious how you'd rank the top 5 US cyclists since Lemond.

No I think Rogaine is correct, Regaine is the UK name for it.:)

TRENDING THREADS