• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

"When you have class, you cannot lose" - Vinokourov

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
A

Anonymous

Bala Verde said:
OK guys stop the verbal abuse otherwise the thread is over.

ok my bad ..

8 beers and looking for a spat...

my apologies...even to you huge anu

A

Anonymous

Class
–adjective. Informal. of high quality, integrity, status, or style: class players on a mediocre team.

doesnt have to be all of them... no doubting vino has style, or "class"

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Reminds me of Roberto Heras. Really sucks for Kashi. Though I'm convinced he doped, he served his suspension, and was what seemed like a potential talent. As Craig says, someone is going to take more heat than others here, in order to make it look like the powers that be are serious. Just surprised Vino is deflecting that on Kash.

aarnold517 said:
wow first Alpe and now Bala...and i can say i knew them way back when before they were big and famous...congrats fellas:cool:

Actually, only about three people on here knew me before this forum existed, though a few others made some good guesses. Only one person on here actually knows me in person, that I know of, though I feel like I know several of you. :)

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Alpe d'Huez said:
Reminds me of Roberto Heras. Really sucks for Kashi. Though I'm convinced he doped, he served his suspension, and was what seemed like a potential talent. As Craig says, someone is going to take more heat than others here, in order to make it look like the powers that be are serious. Just surprised Vino is deflecting that on Kash.

Actually, only about three people on here knew me before this forum existed, though a few others made some good guesses. Only one person on here actually knows me in person, that I know of, though I feel like I know several of you. :)

I guess that is why Heras was not allowed back, he had to take the wrap for Manolo Saiz.

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
ex-postal omerta dopers

craig1985 said:
I guess that is why Heras was not allowed back, he had to take the wrap for Manolo Saiz.

Taking the "rap" for someone is part of the Omerrrta Code of Honor.
We do not take kindly to that behavior here in the CLINIC grrrrrrrr.
Will you soon be pitying Floyd for taking the rap for Bruyneel?

Heras is just another Ex-Postal doper, really no honor in that. Right?

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Give me a break please

Alpe d'Huez said:

Alpe, are you implying that it is OK to dope if you have potential talent??
Just be prepared to take a 2 year "sabbatical' after you are caught?

"Kashi", as you call him, blatantly cheated, lied and denied, then hid behind the "shield' of Omerta. Some might argue that he threatened the safety of cycling juniors, setting the example that he did:(

But he now deserves to get a 5 or 6 or 7 figure salary? Incredible.

A 2 year suspension is a joke - the teams are correct to imply their own lifetime bans on the dopers!

But watch RadioShack go and hire him......$&%#ers.

Polish said:
Alpe, are you implying that it is OK to dope if you have potential talent??
Just be prepared to take a 2 year "sabbatical' after you are caught?

"Kashi", as you call him, blatantly cheated, lied and denied, then hid behind the "shield' of Omerta. Some might argue that he threatened the safety of cycling juniors, setting the example that he did:(

But he now deserves to get a 5 or 6 or 7 figure salary? Incredible.

A 2 year suspension is a joke - the teams are correct to imply their own lifetime bans on the dopers!

But watch RadioShack go and hire him......$&%#ers.

I think you missed the point there a little bit. Why are some guys welcomed back and others banished?

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
just to clarify. there were several reliable reports that vino and kash don't get along anymore. people saw them avoiding each other during the worlds. vino's assertion that it's patty who blocks cash from joining astana should be taken with several grains of salt. another factor against kash is berto. one of his conditions for staying was no kash. don't know why. that said, kash was unfairly screwed imo. may be he deserved it but basso and vino clearly are riding for pt teams in violation of the uci's own code. that's hypocrisy imo and i like vino a lot.

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Polish said:
Taking the "rap" for someone is part of the Omerrrta Code of Honor.
We do not take kindly to that behavior here in the CLINIC grrrrrrrr.
Will you soon be pitying Floyd for taking the rap for Bruyneel?

Heras is just another Ex-Postal doper, really no honor in that. Right?

No. I would have a lot more respect if Flandis had just said that he did it, he felt rock bottom after bonking on the previous stage and felt he had nothing to lose. Instead he went down the whole it's a set-up nonsense. I think most people with a working brain would of told you they were not surprised Flandis did test positive. Just the same way most people will tell that Ivan Basso was uber-jacked when he won the 2006 Giro. Not even Lance won a GT by more then 10 minutes.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Kash really is getting fucked over on the new Astana.

Why is Miller welcomed back with open arms?

Why are Kash and Vino persona non-grata? This is not about the duplication, the cumulative sum. That does not make a difference on their respective characters.

This seems to me to be out and out racism. Kashechkin and Vino getting fucked over. Personally, I am indifferent to them. But they have been marginalised as the "other".

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
No One EXPECTS the Spanish Inquisition

blackcat said:
Why are Kash and Vino persona non-grata?

This seems to me to be out and out racism

Not sure if its racism as much as Religious Persecution?

Astana is the only ProTour team from a predominately Muslim Country...

Nur-Astana_Mosque-1.jpg