• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Where would you like to see Contador go?

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Where would you like to see Alberto Contador go?

• Quick Step

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
A

Anonymous

oh i see.. im reading far to much into things again...

TYORP....

Polish said:
No, Alberto was NOT the most in demand, not even close...Vino was.

Alberto sat for 6+ months without a contract and no offers
until Bruyneel signed him. No counter-offers or bidding war lol.

Alberto later made the good decision to follow Bruyneel to New Astana.

Interesting how the facts can be altered (or ignored) to support one's point of view.

A

Anonymous

progressor said:
Excellent news. :)

i disagree... 3000+ posts... a valuable contributor... sure, after 3000 posts its almost impossible not to **** some people off around here, some people have managed it in much much fewer posts.. :D

i reckon about 30% of yours are anal so far.. even tff hasnt made a 1000 anal posts...

do i get banned now.. :(

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Angliru said:
JB's a saint. Didn't you know he used to ride for ONCE? (Oops! Those 2 statements are contradictory. My bad.);)

That's why I'd like to see Alberto ride for Caisse. Put all the eggs in one Spanish basket and see how the tour organization and UCI treats them. Alberto will need to contact Lance on Twitter protocol when the vampires show up for sampling.

Thoughtforfood said:
Funny, Greg rips me a new one when I respond to an insulting post, but you don't delete an obviously insulting one. Well, I guess I should take that as an invitation to respond in kind? I mean, you do realize that it stands for Sh!t for brains, right? So you just let that stand. Well, I guess his whining has gotten him the support of the moderators. Figures.

Now TFF be fair, the mods may not be quick enough to catch everything. After all BPC etal. is a trolling professional and not everyone can keep up.

Aug 25, 2009
Visit site
dimspace said:
i disagree... 3000+ posts... a valuable contributor... sure, after 3000 posts its almost impossible not to **** some people off around here, some people have managed it in much much fewer posts.. :D

i reckon about 30% of yours are anal so far.. even tff hasnt made a 1000 anal posts...

do i get banned now.. :(

Sorry do I need to post 15 times a day to be a good poster? If Only I'd known more = better :rolleyes:

I'll have to completely disagree with you as well. Such is life.

A

Anonymous

edit: i cant actually be bothered....

but the SFB comment was out of order...

A

Anonymous

dimspace said:
edit: i cant actually be bothered....

but the SFB comment was out of order...

Its cool, I am his favorite subject. I guess you could call me his muse...

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
I think I'm reasonably neutral in the troll wars. For any mods that read this, I have to say that banning people is a pretty extreme measure. This forum is like a dinnertime conversation at a family gathering. Some people keep their elbows off the table, stick to the topic at hand, and keep their mouths closed when they eat. Others drink too much wine and get a little sloppy with their language. And then there's the third cousin who's new to the family and who doesn't offer anything to the conversation. He's off topic, he's boring, he's only here for free food and to pick a fight, but you still don't kick him out because hey, he's family. And when the drunk uncle crosses the line in calling him out, you just smile and let them squabble.

So save the banning for the really extreme behaviour or for someone who doesn't offer anything related to cycling. When a long time contributor occasionally calls a guy an idiot or a douche, sure it's not nice and no, it doesn't contribute to the forum but come on, it's pretty minor in the grand scheme of things.

Aug 25, 2009
Visit site
pedaling squares said:
So save the banning for the really extreme behaviour or for someone who doesn't offer anything related to cycling. When a long time contributor occasionally calls a guy an idiot or a douche, sure it's not nice and no, it doesn't contribute to the forum but come on, it's pretty minor in the grand scheme of things.

A. There are no long time contributors here, this forum is pretty new

b. The personal abuse doesn't fit with the rules, and declaring people who disagree with you stupid or idiots consistently is pretty ridiculous as well. When a bunch of posters all start on one other poster with that sort of stuff, it's way out of order. it seems like the forum equivalent of an attempted gang beating

pedaling squares said:

Especially when the subject in question is often both an idiot and a douche!

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
on tff - he is priceless and should be made an honorary member. when he gets out of line that's when hes at his best.

on contador - did anyone notice that contador admitted dela fuente was hired by astana on his insistence. does it mean the silence is pregnant ?

python said:
not a strange news but the source. :confused:

some Kazakh outfit refers to CN as the source of news that Alberto Contador is no longer a member of velogruppy "Astana".
they say the kcf did not confirm nor deny the news.

I checked the latest feed on cn and found nothing of sorts :confused:

Susan?

My, that is interesting. I wonder where we "said" that?

Susan

Edit: to add that I just love "velogruppy"