• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Where would you like to see Contador go?

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Where would you like to see Alberto Contador go?

• Quick Step

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
zoeart said:
KazakhNeRider posted this on Twitter earlier today.

@KazakhNeRider Vice-president KCF Antyshev: UCI sent back some docs for revision. We're tired of waiting for final answer...

If that's true, that's nothing but karma at work. Astana should have negotiated his release when they had the chance. Held him hostage and a clerical error undermines them. Classic.

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
Am I dreaming, or did CN just add a ? to the newspiece about Contador's ability to leave the team? Seemed as if it was definite before.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
ak-zaaf said:
Are you comparing QSi to Skil?!? :)

Lefevere will sign good riders if/when Conti signs. Plus they have Barredo, Devolder, Cataldo, Seeldrayers and Chavanel.

Don't forget he didn't have a team at all this year. He's so much better than the competition he would win it as duo with Van Hummel.

I was going to say the same thing: plus, what a great learning experience it would be for the development of Seeldrayers.

Andre

Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
zoeart said:
KazakhNeRider posted this on Twitter earlier today.

@KazakhNeRider Vice-president KCF Antyshev: UCI sent back some docs for revision. We're tired of waiting for final answer...
This Kazakh official seems not to realize where Astana actually went wrong. Article 2.15.069 bis of the UCI regulations states very clearly that the internet posting UCI made today (October 22) merely reflects a statement of which teams filed the necessary physical licensing documents, as verified by the auditor. Whether the documents substantively meet the requirements of "the applicable laws and regulations" is not a consideration at this point in the process. Clearly, Astana (and the other 4 teams) simply failed to file one or more pieces of paper. The content of the papers they did, in fact, file wasn't the problem at all. What an incredible, potentially disastrous, blunder!

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
from as.com.

yes ac can go but will he? he and his brother are studying the options. if i'm reading it right the new team manager said yesterday he was assured by the uci of the pt licensee. assured!?

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http://www.as.com/ciclismo/&sl=es&tl=en&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

Contador can terminate his contract with Astana

Alberto Contador may terminate his contract with Astana unilaterally by a rule of procedure of the International Cycling Union (UCI), the 2.15.139.8, which translates as follows: as to 20 October has not yet Astana ProTour license for 2010, Contador has the ability to disengage from your computer without paying compensation and without notice.
Fran, brother and agent of Alberto, told AS that will study the case with their lawyers: "If there is a clause, we see the options that we offer. Before meeting this vein, Fran looked at a rapprochement with Astana: "Soon we will have a meeting with Kazakh leaders to tell us what their project for next year. Then, decide what is best for Alberto".
It is a bureaucratic problem, but so far does not meet "the necessary administrative and financial criteria. Caisse d'Epargne, Euskaltel, Saxo Bank and the new group British Sky are in the same case, and the UCI has given the five formations an extension until November 20 to complete the documentation. . Yvon Sanque, new manager of Astana, was precisely yesterday at the headquarters of the ICU and came out happy: "The UCI has assured me that we ProTour.
Among the thirteen that have already licensed the famous are the RadioShack, the new team of Armstrong and Bruyneel, and Spanish-Footon Servetto (former Fuji). También: Ag2r, Garmin, FdJeux, Lampre, Liquigas, Quick Step, Rabobank, Lotto, Columbia, Katusha y Milram. Also: AG2R, Garmin FdJeux, Lampre, Liquigas, Quick Step, Rabobank, Lotto, Columbia, Katusha and Milram.

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Match

Match 1 Astana. Seems to do well as rider there. Internal conflict hasn't effected performance.
Match2 Radio Shack. Good team solid conflict with Lance but lets face it Contador is at his prime. No contest Lance.
Match 3 casse. No don't do it. They are going to busted big time for doping.... Al doesn't need that baggage.
Match4. Pull an Armstrong and take the year off Al. Armstrong gets older and Al you are still a young man. Start a family build a house sponser a grand fondo run for politics so many thing. Don't get caught up in the cycling BS. politico....

flicker said:
Match 1 Astana. Seems to do well as rider there. Internal conflict hasn't effected performance.
Match2 Radio Shack. Good team solid conflict with Lance but lets face it Contador is at his prime. No contest Lance.
Match 3 casse. No don't do it. They are going to busted big time for doping.... Al doesn't need that baggage.
Match4. Pull an Armstrong and take the year off Al. Armstrong gets older and Al you are still a young man. Start a family build a house sponser a grand fondo run for politics so many thing. Don't get caught up in the cycling BS. politico....

Luckily AC isn't taking advice from you.

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Alpe d'Huez said:
Due to the plethora of Alberto Contador threads with redundant info, I'm contemplating locking the other three, and just keeping this one going, as it's most current.

Objections anyone?

Nope.

But I'm thinking the most interesting team for AC would be Garmin.

I can't articulate why. It just rankles me more than if he went to Saxo or Sky or Columbia.

Okay, the other three threads all covering this exact same topic on Contador have been closed. Let's try to focus this discussion here if we could.

Feel free to copy and paste from those threads if there were important aspects to you in them. I merely locked the threads, and didn't delete them.

A

Anonymous

Alpe d'Huez said:
Okay, the other three threads all covering this exact same topic on Contador have been closed. Let's try to focus this discussion here if we could.

Feel free to copy and paste from those threads if there were important aspects to you in them. I merely locked the threads, and didn't delete them.

framed_pegasus_rainbow.jpg

A

Anonymous

Actually, the combined thread deserves its own combined mascot/s:
dolphin+unicorn.jpg

Its a unicorn riding a dolphin.

A

Anonymous

zapata said:
i don't get it. obviously, that's pellizotti on the business end, but who is it meant to be that's pleasuring him?

Sir, you have a dirty mind. When I wrote "riding" I meant it in a platonic way. Unicorns, being magical animals, do not breed, they appear. Shame on you!

Thoughtforfood said:
Sir, you have a dirty mind. When I wrote "riding" I meant it in a platonic way. Unicorns, being magical animals, do not breed, they appear. Shame on you!
A thousand apologies! To yourself, and to lovers of unicorns and dolphins everywhere. (although, a BIT off topic, it might be pointed out that while unicorns are asexual beings, the horn, paradoxically, is a most powerful and sought-after aphrodisiac.)

A

Anonymous

Ripper said:
First off - thanks Alpe for closing the other threads! Much nicer now.

Back to the topic of this thread, why is there not the option of "Away" (as in go away)?

i too would like further options...
away
or i dont care...
maybe a fresh thread with a new updated poll is in order... :D

anyway, in a vague attempt to get back on track, i see in the news that AC and Astana are having a meeting.. the uci are confirming that riders from any one of the five teams may leave (althoug saxo are saying this is nonsense and they have their licence they where just put on the list by mistake :?)

Im still going with the idea that the khazacks at the meeting will ask AC which spaniards he wants and they will sign them up...

TRENDING THREADS