• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Where would you like to see Contador go?

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Where would you like to see Alberto Contador go?

• Quick Step

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
Lance aside, I can't imagine that AC would ever want to work for Johan again, especially not when there are other teams, including Astana, that have money to throw at AC.

This whole thing could actually work out well for Contador, especially if he's only looking for a one-year deal while waiting for Alonso's new team to be formed. AC can hold out for best money, best domestiques, etc. He would have no big worries about Tour invites since he has ASO's promise that he can ride the Tour no matter what team he's on.

The big question I see about staying with Astana, is what is the likelihood that some guys will get popped for doping between now and the 2010 TdF. I believe Vino when he says that he will work for AC and put together a team for AC. I think Vino's looking at the team's future, and would do right by AC. YMMV.

Beech Mtn said:
Lance aside, I can't imagine that AC would ever want to work for Johan again, especially not when there are other teams, including Astana, that have money to throw at AC.

This whole thing could actually work out well for Contador, especially if he's only looking for a one-year deal while waiting for Alonso's new team to be formed. AC can hold out for best money, best domestiques, etc. He would have no big worries about Tour invites since he has ASO's promise that he can ride the Tour no matter what team he's on.

The big question I see about staying with Astana, is what is the likelihood that some guys will get popped for doping between now and the 2010 TdF. I believe Vino when he says that he will work for AC and put together a team for AC. I think Vino's looking at the team's future, and would do right by AC. YMMV.

I think this is a nice turn of events for AC. Instead of being a victim to the situation, he now has the leverage to negotiate FREELY (no buyouts to get his services) and that means every suitor is going to have to put its best foot forward. I honestly wouldn't be upset if he stayed at Astana--assuming they sign some more talent--and decided to do the Giro/Vuelta double again.

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
Publicus said:
I think this is a nice turn of events for AC. Instead of being a victim to the situation, he now has the leverage to negotiate FREELY (no buyouts to get his services) and that means every suitor is going to have to put its best foot forward. I honestly wouldn't be upset if he stayed at Astana--assuming they sign some more talent--and decided to do the Giro/Vuelta double again.

How is having a lucrative contract with support and team dedication being a victim? Please bear in mind that nobody held him at gunpoint to sign his contract.

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Exactly

Exactly scribe.

Alberto was almost blacklisted post Liberty - no team would touch him
until Bruyneel signed him onto Disco.

Then Bruyneel brought him over to the "New" Astana

If not for Bruyneel, AC would not have won a single GT??

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
looks them in the eye

Also, Bruyneel has an UNCANNY sense to spot dopers and "dump" them before
they tarnish his team.....must be a dozen examples of riders who have been
busted AFTER Bruyneel got them off HIS team.

Hopefully, AC will not follow the trend;(

A

Anonymous

Polish said:

here's hoping...

for personal reasons, not for the good of the sport..

Polish said:
Exactly scribe.

its actually a good point. you could say he owes JB...

Aug 25, 2009
Visit site
Polish said:

Must admit, i'd be p1ss1ng myself with laughter if that happened.

A

Anonymous

progressor said:
Must admit, i'd be p1ss1ng myself with laughter if that happened.

Must admit, I'll be p1ss1ng myself with laughter when he drops The Uniballer next July, time and again.

Aug 25, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
Must admit, I'll be p1ss1ng myself with laughter when he drops The Uniballer next July, time and again.
SFB, Someone who claims to know that which can not be known is an idiot. See if you can figure it out starving one.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
progressor said:
SFB, Someone who claims to know that which can not be known is an idiot. See if you can figure it out starving one.
What's SFB? I've googled but somehow suspect your comment has nothing to do with Sanford airport.

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
Alpe d'Huez said:
Sexy, Friendly, Blond?

Short, Fat & Balding?

Shinto Family Brethren?!

I give.

#1 - I hope not.

#2 - possible. But that prolly goes for half the board.

#3 - give me some your smokin!

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Polish said:
Exactly scribe.

What? AC was by far the most in demand rider that came out of Liberty. This was only enhanced when Fuentes said that AC was never a customer (Not that I believe this but it helped at the time). After Disco he could have gone anywhere.

If anything is owed it is by the Hog after the childish way he behaved this summer.

A

Anonymous

Alpe d'Huez said:
Sexy, Friendly, Blond?

Short, Fat & Balding?

Shinto Family Brethren?!

I give.

Funny, Greg rips me a new one when I respond to an insulting post, but you don't delete an obviously insulting one. Well, I guess I should take that as an invitation to respond in kind? I mean, you do realize that it stands for Sh!t for brains, right? So you just let that stand. Well, I guess his whining has gotten him the support of the moderators. Figures.

A

Anonymous

progressor said:

Hey smiley, I guess since you have admitted you are yourself an idiot, you would be the judge. Keep up the good work! MF CS POS, IBYSCIABAS (you know, since the moderators don't mind this kind of thing)

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
I found some more....

Acronym Definition
SFB Sonderforschungsbereich
SFB Sender Freies Berlin (German Radio and TV Station)
SFB Star Fleet Battles (game)
SFB San Francisco Ballet
SFB Society for Biomaterials
SFB Solutions for Business (Layton, UT)
SFB ScaleFactor Band
SFB Studiefinancieringsbeleid (Dutch)
SFB Sanford/Orlando, Florida (airport code)
SFB State Farm Bank
SFB Single Flash Bank (Cisco)
SFB Side Fire Box
SFB Simple Failure Biasing
SFB Switched Filter Bank
SFB Solicitation for Bid
SFB Solid Fuel Burner
SFB So Freaking Bored (polite form)
SFB Shanghai Finance Bureau
SFB Stuff For Brains (polite form)
SFB Second Family Band (band)
SFB Smoke Fat Blunts
SFB Summer Free Board (Shipping)
SFB Special Field Boot (Nike performance boot)

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Race Radio said:
What? AC was by far the most in demand rider that came out of Liberty. This was only enhanced when Fuentes said that AC was never a customer (Not that I believe this but it helped at the time). After Disco he could have gone anywhere.

If anything is owed it is by the Hog after the childish way he behaved this summer.

No, Alberto was NOT the most in demand, not even close...Vino was.

Alberto sat for 6+ months without a contract and no offers
until Bruyneel signed him. No counter-offers or bidding war lol.

Alberto later made the good decision to follow Bruyneel to New Astana.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Polish said:
No, Alberto was NOT the most in demand, not even close...Vino was.

Alberto sat for 6+ months without a contract and no offers
until Bruyneel signed him. No counter-offers or bidding war lol.

Alberto later made the good decision to follow Bruyneel to New Astana.

Wrong again.

Vino brought in a new sponsor (Astana) and won the Vuelta that year. There was no question of him going to any other team. There was confusion over the non-implicated riders contracts because Siaz still owned the Pro Tour license. It wasn't cleared up until late December, a few weeks later AC signed with Disco.

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
Polish said:

Like... Ivan Basso?

:D

A

Anonymous

Thoughtforfood said:
Hey smiley, I guess since you have admitted you are yourself an idiot, you would be the judge. Keep up the good work! MF CS POS, IBYSCIABAS (you know, since the moderators don't mind this kind of thing)

ive got the first three, but i admit, im confused with the 4th... got as far as I bet you suck, lost after that.. anything to do with A Back Alley

A

Anonymous

dimspace said:
ive got the first three, but i admit, im confused with the 4th... got as far as I bet you suck, lost after that.. anything to do with A Back Alley

I don't know what they mean. It is just a random pattern of letters...see, the moderators here are fine with leaving his first post, but Greg has made it clear that I cannot write things unless they are completely devoid of insult. That post merely reflects the fact that progressor has self identified as an "idiot" and then I just put some letters down that mean nothing in particular...You know, because Greg said that he will ban me if I insult people again.