• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Where would you like to see Contador go?

Where would you like to see Alberto Contador go?

• Quick Step

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Garmin. I think it would be good for AC to be exposed to the US market a bit more and Garmin seems like a good group of guys/likeable. Not to mention that Garmin really doesn't have a top GC guy (sorry VdV and Wiggo), means he would fit right in. Only other place I could see is with CdE, but who knows what is going to happen with Valverde.

Astana
QuickStep
Garmin
Caisse

Going to a home squad would just be boring, Garmin would be OK but going to QuickStep it would be interesting to see the team change their dynamics to support a GC rider. Astana just because it carries so much uncertainty, and Vino needs a friend.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I would like to see him struggle on a weaker team so i put Quickstep. I would like to see him go on a team like Skil Shimano, a team which couldn't support him. He'll go to caisse or stay at astana. i don't think he being at an american, english speaking team like garmin would help him solve any issues such as leadership which might pop up for him.

auscyclefan94 said:
I would like to see him struggle on a weaker team so i put Quickstep. I would like to see him go on a team like Skil Shimano, a team which couldn't support him. He'll go to caisse or stay at astana. i don't think he being at an american, english speaking team like garmin would help him solve any issues such as leadership which might pop up for him.

I appreciate that you wear your hater badge with such pride. :p And I don't think he would have to worry about any leadership issues on Garmin--no one on that team can do what he can. Same could be said of Silence-Lotto.

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
Caisse.

Because all the work that Lance and Johan are doing to steal strong teammates from Contador would be for naught. Because the Clinic threads would heat up and for once it wouldn't be about Lance. Because the people who claim there is a second set of rules for Spaniards would have helmet fires. Because we need more strong teams riding for strong leaders to take a shred of boredom out of the modern Tour de France (see 2009: HTC controls the pace on flat stages, Astana controls the pace on hilly stages... yawn).

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Publicus said:
I appreciate that you wear your hater badge with such pride. :p And I don't think he would have to worry about any leadership issues on Garmin--no one on that team can do what he can. Same could be said of Silence-Lotto.

I don't hate AC, i just would like to see him on a team like quick step or skil shimano where they couldn't support him (and have a route with a 60km ttt:D). I just don't think Garmin would be a good environment for him especially as they are an english speaking team. I'm not wearing my hater badge at the moment:eek:

Jun 24, 2009
Visit site
I'd like to see him go to Garmin. I think the Spanish teams are too insular, and seem to have a Vuelta only mindset, (Much like the Italians love to shoot for the Giro at all costs) and even with that, look how long it took to nurture and convince Valverde he could win the Vuelta. I think AC could overcome that handicap, but why bother? With Garmin as currently structured, with or without Wiggo, there would be No problem with TTT's in the future, and the rest of the team would be perfect support at the TdF. QSI isn't even on the board, even though they flirted.:)

racerralph said:
I'd like to see him go to Garmin. I think the Spanish teams are too insular, and seem to have a Vuelta only mindset, (Much like the Italians love to shoot for the Giro at all costs) and even with that, look how long it took to nurture and convince Valverde he could win the Vuelta. I think AC could overcome that handicap, but why bother? With Garmin as currently structured, with or without Wiggo, there would be No problem with TTT's in the future, and the rest of the team would be perfect support at the TdF. QSI isn't even on the board, even though they flirted.:)

What you mean that the Italian and Spanish like to race and are not obsessed about the Tour like Americans are?

Contador and Valverde are racing in Mexico at the moment. But of corse you guys don't know that because you only watch the Tour.

Amateur.

Aug 25, 2009
Visit site
thehog said:
What you mean that the Italian and Spanish like to race and are not obsessed about the Tour like Americans are?

Contador and Valverde are racing in Mexico at the moment. But of corse you guys don't know that because you only watch the Tour.

Amateur.

Yes, most people here are amateurs as far as cycling goes. What's your point?

At least you know all when it comes to contador - I'm sure you'll let us know exactly where he'll be, and will reveal all on sept 5th.

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
if contador was a calculating beast- and i suspect he’s becoming one- he would:

not
(i) sign with any spanish or italian team. guess why? rrrright, something like 70% of ‘bad boiz’ come from ovar dere. . sitting out another tour ain’t fun
(ii) sign any more 3 year contracts till age 30.
(iii) go to a team manager who’s tight-tight with patty mctite. but never to the back stabbing scum the hog. never.

he would
(i) always move 3-4 loyal friends with you including 2 riders a personal mechanic and one soigner.
(ii)start some charity that has a pr ring to it.

if u listen to me berto u’l surpass the farnrmstong’s gt record by the age of 29.:)

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
I don't hate AC, i just would like to see him on a team like quick step or skil shimano where they couldn't support him (and have a route with a 60km ttt:D). I just don't think Garmin would be a good environment for him especially as they are an english speaking team. I'm not wearing my hater badge at the moment:eek:

Are you comparing QSi to Skil?!? :)

Lefevere will sign good riders if/when Conti signs. Plus they have Barredo, Devolder, Cataldo, Seeldrayers and Chavanel.

Don't forget he didn't have a team at all this year. He's so much better than the competition he would win it as duo with Van Hummel.

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Personally I would love to see a huge cycling fanatic like Fernando Alonso come in and start his team and sign Contador up, which is what Alonso was talking about doing. I would like to see him go to Garmin otherwise, Quick Step just don't do GT GC's.