• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Whey Protein

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 12, 2009
Visit site
I've been using Champion Nutrition Metabolo II since it came on the market, I beleive in 1984.
I've used this for pre ride/race, and ProScore for post. The Pro Score is a protein powder. I mix to different ratios, depending on several parameters.

I've not had the same kind of results from anything else and always come back to these two items.

The company changed hands here a few years ago, and there have been some problems with purchases such as overcharging and very near to out of date product with bad taste.

I recently tried some other things but will be going back to these two. Hopefully, the company will get its sh*t together.

Yes, performance is the real goal, but trying to attribute changes in performance to a single item is difficult.
I really can't tell if the extra protein is helping my performance - but seeing the obvious change in my nails makes it obvious that it at least does increase that tissue growth.

And I don't think there is any special properties to whey protein, it's just a convenient way for me to get a quick serving of protein immediately after exercise.

Jay Kosta
Endwell NY USA

Does anyone have experience with EAS 100% Whey Protiein as a recovery drink substitute to Endurox R4?

I've been using R4 since it came out, but would like to try something new. When comparing the two, aside from minute differences in the nutrition facts, Protein is listed at 23g for EAS, and 10g for the R4. But the carbs per serving is 3g for the EAS product, and 53g in R4. I want more protein for recovery, right?

Plus the EAS is a better deal at Sam's Club, than my industry insider bro deal with the Endurox. Not by much, but a little.
I think the best whey protein in india is Optimum nutrition gold edition

It depends on what effects you want from a 'recovery drink' - e.g. muscle growth & repair, or blood chemistry restoration (sugar, electrolyte, etc.).

For muscle & tissue issues, protein is the generally accepted answer.
For blood chemistry, carbs & electrolytes.

The typical recommended amount of easily digested protein is about 20-30 grams within about 30 minutes of stopping exercise, and then a regular meal within about 2 hours.

I use dry whey protein protein powder mixed with dry Gatorade powder (orange GA and vanilla whey) in a large mouthed 'shaker bottle'. Add water when ready, shake, and drink.

Fleurpink

BANNED
Jan 4, 2020
Visit site
Does anyone have experience with EAS 100% Whey Protiein as a recovery drink substitute to Endurox R4?

I've been using R4 since it came out, but would like to try something new. When comparing the two, aside from minute differences in the nutrition facts, Protein is listed at 23g for EAS, and 10g for the R4. But the carbs per serving is 3g for the EAS product, and 53g in R4. I want more protein for recovery, right?
auto clicker word unscrambler jumble solver
Plus the EAS is a better deal at Sam's Club, than my industry insider bro deal with the Endurox. Not by much, but a little.

Which does not answer your question...The R4 must have a crap load of sugars in it. The EAS must be almost all protein, so you would need to mix it with something.

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2020
Visit site
Hi,

yes i used EAS 100% Whey Protein. It wasnt bad i have to say but i switched to this one as I am not using it sooo often, so often my whey proteins went bad, this one last up to 12 month (at least from my experience). it contains 25g protein in one spoon (30g)

TRENDING THREADS