Who is Floyd Landis?

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 12, 2010
1,234
0
0
The whole notion that "The French hate Americans" is utter nonsence and such a broad stroke generalisation anyone who makes it is clearly rather shallow.
A certain rudeness, lack of interest and time for people is very commen place in many, many major capitils around the world ..it comes from the interpersonalal isolation that results from the frenetic hustle and bustle of huge amounts of people living in often crowded conditions were every journy seems a jam, everything seems expensive and everyones in a rush....and geting there slowly.:rolleyes:
Socioligist have studied this phenomomana and also studied what makes for "happier" cities and the conclussions seem to point to there being a population limit beyond which many people become very discontented and experiance very little community spirit.
Ya wanna try walking in Central London and trying to find a Londoner for directions!...a bloody nightmare:D
Move away from major capitils and metropilis`s and the situation changes and people become as variable in there warmth and genuiness as we`d expect to find in any community.
In my life to date as a Brit I`ve defended Americans from the slander of Brits more times than I can count thanks to the ignorent and lazy stereo typing thats remarkably commen place. My experiance is that the much despised American foreign policy and media bias has very little to with "average" America. Just as our own bunch of crooks in parliement has very little to do with "average Brit"..as with you lot..most of dont actualy nominate the party in power...such is "democracy" eh:rolleyes:
My own experiance of Americans has been overwhelmingly possitive in particulerly in places such as Collorado Springs, Aspen, Boulder and Denver but not in Los Angeles which I found a rather intimidating place ( just as have with Paris, London, Tokyo, Mexico City and Buenos Aires etc...but no way would I ever stoop to such crass comments as Miloman makes about the "Fench hate Americans".It`s also offensive to those Americans who gave there lives in WW2 helping to defete the occupation.
It realy shows a lack of inteligent thinkng.
Meet the person not the labal. ;)
 
Jan 5, 2010
295
0
0
Darryl Webster said:
The whole notion that "The French hate Americans" is utter nonsence and such a broad stroke generalisation anyone who makes it is clearly rather shallow. . . It`s also offensive to those Americans who gave there lives in WW2 helping to defete the occupation.
It realy shows a lack of inteligent thinkng.
Meet the person not the labal. ;)
There are some that may see it differently: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:FEjbJyQL9EAJ:www.press.uchicago.edu/Misc/Chicago/723682.html+poll+french+anti+american&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Either way, what does this have to do with Floyd Landis and doping? We really got off subject.
 
miloman said:
There are some that may see it differently: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:FEjbJyQL9EAJ:www.press.uchicago.edu/Misc/Chicago/723682.html+poll+french+anti+american&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Either way, what does this have to do with Floyd Landis and doping? We really got off subject.
Had a conversation with a Chef in Grignan, Provence a few years back... who said the French don't hate Americans, just our President and Politics (this was during the Bush years) - and didn't France come up relative to Floyd because of the Hacker Warrant? That's the link between Floyd, France and Doping.
 

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
4,153
0
0
Why would the French really care about Floyd anyway. He hasn't done anything the French haven't read about before. Floyds' computer hacking peeves me. I have a major HATESTRONG for computer criminals, I believe they are cowards and I wholeheartedly feel Floyd should take responsibility if he was involved in crime.

I believe the French like us here.
 
Jul 29, 2010
431
0
0
miloman said:
There are some that may see it differently: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:FEjbJyQL9EAJ:www.press.uchicago.edu/Misc/Chicago/723682.html+poll+french+anti+american&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Either way, what does this have to do with Floyd Landis and doping? We really got off subject.
Floyd's premise of innocence was based on conspiracy theory -- a rogue lab staffed by yank-hating Frogs.

People who bought into that argument were most likely predisposed to the whole "hates Americans" myth.
Your response to the 'bonus' (;)) sort of proved the point.
 
Aug 1, 2009
329
0
0
NashbarShorts said:
Floyd's premise of innocence was based on conspiracy theory -- a rogue lab staffed by yank-hating Frogs.
He never had a coherent theory, really. Using the traditional razor, incompetence was more likely than consipracy. The failure to include the right compounds in the reference for the key test was not a high point for the science of the case. And if the lab didn't hate him at the time of the original tests, they were probably well on the way at the time of the alternate B sample testing.

-dB
 

buckwheat

BANNED
Sep 24, 2009
1,852
0
0
TubularBills said:
Had a conversation with a Chef in Grignan, Provence a few years back... who said the French don't hate Americans, just our President and Politics (this was during the Bush years) - and didn't France come up relative to Floyd because of the Hacker Warrant? That's the link between Floyd, France and Doping.
Oh, exactly.

My personal experience is that the French love Americans who have their thinking caps screwed on properly.

Unfortunately, such Americans appear to be in a minority.
 
Mar 17, 2009
1,863
0
0
buckwheat said:
Oh, exactly.

My personal experience is that the French love Americans who have their thinking caps screwed on properly.

Unfortunately, such Americans appear to be in a minority.
Thankfully they're the <10% who could fill in the Passport Application form!
 
Jan 5, 2010
295
0
0
Looks like Contador is going down. Floyd blamed the booze and Contador blamed the beef. Think there is any chance he will come clean? As Yogi Berra once said, “It's like deja-vu, all over again.”
 
Feb 4, 2010
548
0
0
Before he got busted he was the hardworking underdog and nice guy. After he got busted he was a pitiful, lying, joke and a filthy cheater. After he implicated LA he became Saint Floyd.

Not a dull moment, that's for sure.
 
Just a stand up guy, that looked at himself in the mirror and said, "I'm going to win the Tour De France some day." Set out to do it, and got caught up in the quagmire and reality of the 21st Century Pro Peloton... to be continued...

Contador?

Schlek's?

I'd hate to be the next Tour Champion, toughest job. Clean isn't an option. The competition is too 'strong.'
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY