• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Who will win 2013 GIRO?

Who will win 2013 GIRO?

• Others

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
MatParker117 said:
This is going to look a lot like the 2012 Tour except Sky may pick up more than one jersey.

Zandio - Lopez - Porte - Cataldo - Kireynka - Henao - Wiggins

And 2 flat doms, maybe Swift. Perfect team xD

From that list only Kireynka I am unsure if does Giro or Tour imo.

Wiggins
Purito
Nibali

Gloin22 said:
Zandio - Lopez - Porte - Cataldo - Kireynka - Henao - Wiggins

And 2 flat doms, maybe Swift. Perfect team xD

From that list only Kireynka I am unsure if does Giro or Tour imo.

Rogers also said he's keen for the Giro. The TTT is a bit longer so maybe they go easy on the Spanish climbers. Save Uran for the Tour where Froome will need him.

Wiggins
Porte
Rogers
Henao
Cataldo
Kiryienka
Knees
Stannard/Eisel
Kennaugh

Ridiculous squad either way.

Ferminal said:
Wiggins
Purito
Nibali

Rogers also said he's keen for the Giro. The TTT is a bit longer so maybe they go easy on the Spanish climbers. Save Uran for the Tour where Froome will need him.

Wiggins
Porte
Rogers
Henao
Cataldo
Kiryienka
Knees
Stannard/Eisel
Kennaugh

Ridiculous squad either way.

I am dissapointed that you leave out Basso. :( Ivan Basso will win it. :p

Giro-

B. Wiggins
S. Heano
R. Porte
M. Rogers
D. Cataldo
v. Kiryenka
D. Lopez
C. Knees
D. Pate

Tour-

C. Froome
B. Wiggins
R. Uran
R. Porte
K.Svistov
G.Thomas
EBH
I. Stannard
B. Eisel

Vuelta-

S. Heano
R. Uran
M. Rogers
D. Lopez
X. Zandio
EBH
P. Kennaugh
A. Dowsett
B. Swift

I'm voting Nibali but it's not a rational choice.
Sky looks terrific on paper and could very well cotrol the race same fashion it controlled TdF 2011. We still don't know if Wiggo will be in that form though.

Only hope I have is for the tricky first week and the Stelvio descent.

Quintana looks good for a podium spot. While I fear Purito will take a step back.

Oct 21, 2012
twitter.com
I like Nibali and I hope he can win it. Quintana is also one of my favourite riders, but I'm not sure that he can TT well enough to hold onto a lead from the likes of Wiggins. He may be able to shell Wiggins out the back on a tough climb though.

I would also like Basso to do well, just for old times sake.

Alphabet said:
I like Nibali and I hope he can win it. Quintana is also one of my favourite riders, but I'm not sure that he can TT well enough to hold onto a lead from the likes of Wiggins. He may be able to shell Wiggins out the back on a tough climb though.

He's not the kind of rider who would attack from far though. He wouldn't be able to sustain it against the Sky train.
How much can he gain with his usual 1km sprint on the top?

I don't even know if there are gonna be time bonuses.

TRENDING THREADS